- THIS IS AN SOS FROM THE INDIANAPOLIS BAPTIST TEMPLE.
Our church urgently needs your help at this time. We are under a vicious
assault from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the U.S. Justice Department.
Many observers have said that it is the greatest attack against religious
liberty in the entire two-hundred and twenty-two year history of our nation.
We know that it is impossible to believe, but our government is suing our
church for $5.1 million in Federal Court. If our church loses this case,
it will mean that our religious liberty as guaranteed by the First Amendment
to the U.S. Constitution will be gone forever. Also, every church in America
will lose their religious freedom too.
- This is a case of first impression. The courts have never
dealt with this issue before. There is no doubt that President Bill Clinton
and Attorney General Janet Reno are totally dedicated to the silencing
of this pulpit from preaching the truth of God's Word. The evidence also
shows that their goal is to control every church pulpit in America, including
yours. The issues at stake are very clear: CAN THE LORD'S CHURCH BE FORCED
TO KEEP RECORDS FOR THE IRS, COLLECT TAXES FOR THE IRS, AND SUBMIT TAXES
TO THE IRS from the tithes and offerings of God's people? Tens of thousands
of churches in America do none of these things. If our church loses, their
church, no doubt, eventually will be targeted too.
- For more than four years, our church has been under the
most intense pressure from this merciless rogue agency. Even though they
can cite no law requiring the above mentioned things, they have persisted
in their effort to totally crush us. They have made impossible demands,
such as providing them a list of all those who have given $100 or more
to our church over a three-year period. They have sent agents into our
church and confiscated sermon material. They have kept an active file on
our church ministry since 1971. The first thing in that file was an article
with the headline: BAPTIST HIGH TO STRESS BIBLE. There is also evidence
that they have had active surveillance on our church and pastors.
- If the IRS should prevail in this case, we now have AN
OFFICIAL STATE CHURCH IN AMERICA that must totally surrender the sovereignty
of the Lord's church to the IRS. The Czar of Religion (cults) in Washington,
D.C., will replace the Lord Jesus Christ as the Head of His church. If
this case should be lost, the Justice Department may very well file criminal
charges against the two of us. This could mean five years in prison, and
a $10,000 fine on every count.
- Our church must have your help immediately. We have asked
the various Christian law advocacy groups to help us to no avail. Each
that we contacted said that this is not a religious liberty issue; but,
the Bible and church history says that it is. The State has always demanded
tribute from the Lord's church. The martyrs of the ages cry out that our
cause is just. We cannot wage this battle alone. We must have your prayers
and financial support. The court costs are crushing. The Biblical Law Center
of Redding, California, has agreed to fight for us in Federal Court, but
they have no financial base. They and local counsel, which we have been
forced to secure, must be paid. Our church has already paid out nearly
$70,000. It will take a minimum of $200,000 to go to the Supreme Court.
The government has already said that this is where they are going, regardless
of how the Federal Judge rules here in Indianapolis. Our congregation has
already given sacrificially, but the can only do so much. We must spread
the burden and share the load with our brethren across the land. BUT AT
ALL COST, WE MUST STOP THE IRS NOW FROM CONTROLLING THE PULPITS OF AMERICA.
The New World Order's goal to destroy Biblical religion must be stopped
- Brother Lester Roloff said in 1979, "Roloff Today,
Your Church Tomorrow." Well, tomorrow has come. Now it is our church.
It will be yours tomorrow. Please help us at this time. Please send as
large an offering as possible as soon as possible. For everyone who sends
an offering of $10.00, we will send you and audio tape of our attorney,
Mr. Al Cunningham, explaining this case in its entirety. For a minimum
gift of $25.00, we will send you the four hour video tape which includes
Mr. Cunningham, Rev. Greg A. and Dr. Dixon. Also, any church or individual
sending a gift of $100 or more, a local business man has donated a page
out of an original King James Bible that will be sent to you.
- We have filed a Motion to Dismiss. We will keep you informed.
Please pray intensely for us at this time. We need your help now; no gift
is too small. Please pray about this matter and send as large a gift as
- This letter has not been written by professional fund
raisers. If it had been, it would be much more sophisticated. This letter
is written with much prayer and trembling and with sincerity from our hearts.
We admit that we are not experienced in this area. We promise you that
not one dollar you send us for this cause will go to any professional fund
raiser. We also commit to you that everything we receive will go to the
cost of this battle.
- Thank you, dear friend, for standing with us as we stand
for the rights of all Christians and churches to continue to preach the
gospel of Jesus Christ in this great land and around the world. And please,
may we hear from you soon? Remember the word of Paul, "Bear ye one
another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." (Galatians 6:2)
- Yours for Christ and liberty,
- Rev. Greg A. Dixon
- Dr. Greg Dixon
- Senior Pastor
- Pastor Emeritus
- From http://home.inreach.com/dov/ibtirs.htm
- Indianapolis Baptist Temple
- 19th Judicial District
- 2711 South East Street
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- website http://home.inreach.com/dov/unregchs.htm
- October 13, 1998
- PRESS RELEASE
- Indianapolis Baptist Temple
- 19th Judicial District
- 2711 South East Street
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- RE: IRS Attack On Indianapolis Baptist Temple
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- April 18, 1988
- On April 14, Federal Marshals delivered a summons and
complaint from the Internal Revenue Service to Rev. Greg A. Dixon, senior
pastor of Indianapolis Baptist Temple and Dr. Greg J. Dixon, Pastor Emeritus.
The complaint petitioned the Federal Court in the Southern District of
Indiana to render judgment against Indianapolis Baptist Temple on behalf
of the Internal Revenue Service for alleged income and FICA Withholding
Taxes totaling $5.1 million dollars the IRS alleges the church owes for
the years 1987 through 1993.
- Indianapolis Baptist Temple denies that the church owes
taxes in any amount.
- Many pastors and legal observers across America agree
that this case and the issues it raises will make this challenge the most
important state vs. church case in American history. The issues include
the following questions:
- 1.Does the IRS have jurisdiction over the Church of Jesus
Christ? 2.Does the IRS have authority to define a church? 3.Does the IRS
have the authority to force a church to deny its faith that Jesus Christ
is the sole Lord and Head of the church and to acknowledge and submit to
the IRS as an equal or superior lord and head of the church? 4.Is the church
required Biblically or Constitutionally to keep records or collect taxes
for the IRS? 5.Must a church forfeit its property and other assets if it
does not submit to involuntary servitude in keeping records and collecting
taxes for the IRS? 6.Is the U.S. Government establishing an IRS approved
state church in America as in Russia, China, Cuba, etc.? 7.Does the IRS
have the authority to prescribe or restrict the content of a pastor's sermons?
- Should the court rule favorably on behalf of the IRS
in this case, the IRS will have accomplished its goal in becoming the new,
self-proclaimed head of every church in America. All churches in the United
States will be State Churches taking their orders from their lord and head,
the Internal Revenue Service.
- Jesus Christ is the sole Lord and Head of Indianapolis
- Remember. What the IRS and the courts can do to one
church in America, they can and eventually will do to every church in America.
Wake up, preachers! Wake up, Churches! Wake up, America!
- Contact: Rev. Greg A. Dixon or Dr. Greg Dixon, Pastor
Emeritus Phone: 317-783-6753 FAX: 317-781-2775 e-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org Web Site: http://home.inreach.com/dov/unregchs.htm
- AN ANSWER TO THE LATEST IRS ATTACK
- April 13, 1998
- On Thursday, April 14, 1998, one day before the 1997
tax deadline, two U.S. Marshals delivered to Dr. Gregory J. Dixon and one
U.S. Marshal delivered to Rev. Greg A. Dixon a summons from the United
States District Court from southern Indiana.
- The summons is a lawsuit between the United States of
America vs. Indianapolis Baptist Temple, Gregory Jerome Dixon and NBD Bank
for nonpayment of alleged employee withholding tax.
- The Summons is asking the court to confiscate and foreclose
on all properties owned by the Indianapolis Baptist Temple, including a
church parsonage. The following is a scenario of events:
- 1983 IBT lawfully separated herself from the old Indiana
- 1984 IBT officially became and began acting as a New
Testament Church which is a body of scripturally baptized
believers in Jesus Christ.
- 1995 The IRS officially revoked tax exempt status
of Not-A-Church Inc., which IBT had already given up and had
not used since January 1, 1984.
- 1996 The IRS audited 50+ IBT members.
- 1998 IRS denies church donations as tax deductible
- 1998 IRS sues in District Court the Indianapolis Baptist
Temple, Gregory J. Dixon and NBD Bank for nonpayment of alleged taxed
owed, by asking the court to foreclose on all church properties.
- The following facts is an answer to the Biblical foundation
on which the Indianapolis Baptist Temple rests:
- 1.There is absolutely no law requiring a New Testament
church to collect, withhold and remit taxes of any kind to the IRS or any
- 2.A New Testament church has no employees (only corporations
have employees), but ministers of the gospel.
- 3.Every minister of the Indianapolis Baptist Temple that
was audited has already voluntarily paid their individual tax liability
that has been assessed to the Indianapolis Baptist Temple.
- 4.In the case, Robert A. Shelley, RLA.T.C. Memo 194.132,
at 94-2300(1994), appeal pending, No. 95-2731 (11th Cir. 1995), the tax
Judge ruled that church ministers are self-employed.
- 5.We as a New Testament church stand on our Biblical
and Constitution rights based upon the first amendment that Congress nor
any government agency cannot and shall not hinder our right to worship
or practice our faith.
- 6.The Indianapolis Baptist Temple receives no benefits
nor desires any benefits from the state, including federal identification
numbers, tax-exemption, school vouchers or financial subsidies. In return,
the Indianapolis Baptist Temple owes absolutely nothing to the state.
- 7.The first New Testament church Jesus began gave no
allegiance to the state and likewise His New Testament church today will
not and cannot either.
- 8.We the Indianapolis Baptist Temple have the constitutional
right to assemble without restriction or persecution as long as the Indianapolis
Baptist Temple does not hinder ones life, liberty or property.
- 9.The Indianapolis Baptist Temple is not an unincorporated
association but a New Testament church.
- As the Pastor of a historic Bible Believing Baptist congregation
and as members of the same can do nothing else but stay true.
- 1.to the Lordship of Christ.
- 2.to our historic Baptist position.
- 3.to the four root principles of our Baptist heritage.
- a. Sacred Scripture is sole authority for faith and practice.
- b. Autonomy of local New Testament church and priesthood
of the believer.
- c. New Testament church is composed of scripturally immersed
- d. Principle of religious liberty of conscience and opposition
to a state church.
- 4. to our Biblical convictions so that the church might
remain the church and have . a meaningful voice in
- Written by the Pastor of Indianapolis Baptist Temple
- Rev. Greg A. Dixon
- GUIDELINES FOR UNREGISTERED CHURCHES
- (Principle Texts: Matthew 28:18-20; Eph. 5:23-33; I Peter
- 1. Do not incorporate. Do not operate an unincorporated
assoc. Church members of a corporation.
- 2. Do not file any federal, state, county, or city forms.
- 3. Do not have corporate instruments such as a constitution
or bylaws. A statement of faith, covenant, or in-house agreement only are
- 4. No corporate officers such as trustees, treasure,
clerk, business managers or official board. Only a pastor, superintendent
(I Tim. 3:1) and deacons-attendants (I Tim. 3:10).
- 5. No annual business meetings. No congregational voting.
Counsel and consent only asked by the pastor is biblical.
- 6. Do not apply for a federal employment EIN number
- 7. Do not apply for tax exemption of any kind. The church
is not tax exempt but non taxable.
- 8. Do not use federal regional zip code for address.
- 9. Do not participate in corporate debt.
- 10. Deal in cash only unless a bank account can be secured
without an I.D. number.
- 11. Make no agreements concerning discrimination.
- 12. Accept no inspections of any kind C fire, health,
welfare, zoning, building permits, etc.
- 13. Do not have any employees, only servant/ministers.
- 14. Pay pastors or others with cash love gifts only.
- 15. Give no W-2, or W-4 forms to anyone.
- 16. File no 941 or 1099 forms. Pay no workers compensation
or unemployment compensation.
- 17. Keep no records for the IRS or any other government
- 18. In most states, own no property. If so, deed must
be written right. Call for advice.
- 19. Have no vehicles registered in the name of the church.
- 20. Do not recognize or obey any court order addressed
to the church or its ministry.
- 21. Do not take a license to preach the gospel from
any level of government.
- 22. Do not marry anyone with a state marriage license.
- 23. The church cannot officially be associated with
any incorporated denomination, fellowship, or mission board.
- 24. Do not support missionaries from an Incorporated
- 25. Do not put educational ministry under any incorporated
agency, secular or religious. No accreditation.
- 26. Receive no government subsidy, earned income credit,
school vouchers, etc.
- 27. It's best to have no utilities listed in the name
of the church.
- 28. Fly Christian flag only inside and out, flag of
Kingdom of Heaven.
- These are guidelines that we have learned over 15 years.
- If you have questions please call.
- Let the church be the church.
- ___end guidelines
- Source: Alex Jones radio show http://www.infowars.com/
- Published: 2/22/00 Author: self
- Posted on 02/22/2000 10:40:31 PST by blackcat
- A Confrontation is shaping up in Indianapolis as Temple
Baptist Church of Indianapolis prepares to defy a court order to vacate.
The 7th Circuit Court has order the church to vacate and allow the government
to confiscate the church on April 10, as a result of failure to pay/withhold
taxes. The church is not a 501c3 and has not registered as a church or
school, but has continued to operate as a free and independent church and
- Upon receiving the court order, the Indiana militia began
to look into the matter. Last night, it was announced that the Kentucky
and Ohio militia will join with Indiana to defend the church. Today, on
the Alex Jones radio show, there were suggestions that the Tennessee and
Michigan militias would also join the effort.
- The Baptist Temple Church, 19 Judicial District 2711
SE, Indianapolis, has a Sunday attendance of about 1000. The former pastor
of 50 years, Pastor Greg Dixon, was on the Alex Jones show today to discuss
the matter. His son is currently the pastor of the church. Pastor Dixon
said that this is a free country, with free speech and freedom of religion.
He said the people of the congregation do not plan to leave their church.
He also said that Janet Reno is actually Johnny Reno, that anyone can see
that she is a man.
- Most likely, it's such remarks that have failed to endear
the Pastor to the feds who have obviously targeted this church for an April,
2000 confrontation - yes, it's April once again.
- I don't have any additional information on this matter.
If you want more information, you can call the church at 317-783-6753.
- SIGHTINGS HOMEPAGE
Site Served by TheHostPros