- TANAH MERAH, KELANTAN:
A large object emitting rays of light was reported to have landed on a
piece of marshland here three days ago, holding some 1,000 people of Kampung
Gobek in a state of high suspense.
- The residents said yesterday they saw the shining object
land at 3am.
- "The lights from the object came in intervals, similar
to lightning, but there was no sign of rain," Mohamad Mat Diah, 51,
- "The light from the object was very bright and the
rays bathed the inside of my house.
- "I suspected something was happening outside and
looked out and saw the object hovering over the marshland for several minutes,"
- Mohamad said at daybreak he went over to the area some
100m from his house and saw a 'Y' shaped depression measuring 15m by 5m
which could have been caused by the unidentified flying object (UFO).
- Near the depression was another crescent shaped 3m deep
hollow and three holes, one metre apart and each one metre in diameter,
- "I was accompanied to the area by two others who
initially were afraid to come with me," he said.
- Another resident Saupi Salleh, 28, said he was awakened
by the bright light.
- "I clearly saw the light from the object,"
- "I thought it was lightning but when it prevailed
I realised it was something else."
- He went to see the depression and concluded it must have
been a heavy object.
- Many residents were seen inspecting the landing site
of the UFO.--Bernama
- -- UFO Research http://home.fuse.net/ufo/
- Government Says Crater 'Not Unusual'
- TANAH MERAH (Bernama) - The
formation of a crater in a marshland area claimed by villagers as the landing
place of an object similar to an unidentified flying object (UFO) in Kampung
Gobek near here, is not something unusual, said an engineer from the Drainage
and Irrigation Department (DID).
- Tanah Merah DID engineer Razali Mohamed Noor said this
was because an irrigation canal was once built in the area in 1983 for
use by the farmers.
- The crater could have been formed due to the change in
the flow of the water after the canal was neglected and not maintained
by the authorities for the past 13 years, he said when commenting on the
claim by villagers in the kampung that a "UFO" had landed there
on Thursday. Bernama was made to understand that the Kelantan Geological
Survey Department would despatch several officers there to investigate
- The villagers claimed that the object which emitted rays
of light landed in the area at 3am.
- Since the report on the landing by the object in the
village was made, hundreds of people had visited the remote area to look
at the phenomenon for themselves.
- The village situated about 100 Km from Kota Baharu town
has been transformed into a carnival-like area and many hawkers took the
opportunity to put up stalls while others turned tour guides to the hundreds
of vehicles converging to the area.
- In addition, there were also villagers who put up signboards
along several roads in the village to direct people to the "mystery
crater". -- BERNAMA
- Copyright ©2000 BERNAMA. All rights reserved. This
material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in
any form except with the prior express permission of BERNAMA.
- UFO Research http://home.fuse.net/ufo/
- SIGHTINGS HOMEPAGE
Site Served by TheHostPros