New Jersey Disc Caught
On Digital Camera - Three
Cylinders Over Pennsylvania
George A. Filer, Director <>
MUFON Skywatch Investigations
Director - Mutual UFO Network Eastern
Filer's Files #03--2000

WILLINGBORO -- Jerry Kirk sent me a disc of several shots of a UFO sighting that occurred on January 5, 2000, at 4:43 PM. The two original digital views were shot with a Polaroid PDC digital camera without the benefit of magnification on Sussex Drive just east of Philadelphia. There was another aircraft flying in the same direction, east by northeast. The disc shots show a cylindrical UFO without wings or tail assembly. Although trees are visible in the bottom of the photographs it is difficult to estimate the UFOs altitude. The craft appeared to head towards the Atlantic Ocean at 25,000 to 35,000 feet or 5 to 10,000 feet above the regular air traffic. Additional magnification applied to these images, does not bring out any wings or tail structure. Thanks to Jerry Kirk. The images can be viewed at This type of UFO is being observed on a regular basis and has been involved with near misses with our commercial aircraft. Similar craft were observed five hours earlier in Pennsylvania.
EXTON -- The National Reporting Center reports three cylinder shaped objects were viewed moving east to west, at 9:50 AM on January 5, 1999. The witness was walking his dog and looked up to see an unidentified flying cylinder without wings. He checked his dog and looked up again to see two more cylinder shaped objects. The witness said, "They looked like white cans with two rings in black on each craft with no wings or tail section visible." The first and smaller craft did not fly as straight as the other two. The last two were about the same size but larger than the first. Thanks to Peter Davenport and NUFORC. Editor's Note: Editors Note: The photos in New Jersey and the Pennsylvania description appear to be similar objects. Craft were observed on the same day both East and West of Philadelphia about 50 miles a part.
MADISON -- Aaron Crossley says that on January 7, 2000, I saw an unidentified flying object on my way to the bowling alley with my friends Tyler, Daniel, David and Jessica. It was about 8:45 PM, when a bright blue light caught my eye. "It was extremely bright like a blue fireball, and it streaked across the sky from south to north horizon in a second." It was moving incredibly fast. If I had blinked I would miss it. After I asked my friends if they had seen it, which sadly they had not, Tyler told me that he had seen exactly the same thing last year while delivering Pizzas, except there were three of them when he saw them, and they appeared to be flying in V formation. I have to wonder if Alabama is part of some secret projects flight plan. And what better place given the reputation of its native residents. I hear numerous UFO stories around here now that I've come out with mine. Thanks to Aaron Crossley
THREE RIVERS -- Alan Otterson reports that on January 7, 1999, I was watching TV with my wife with our inside lights on. Alans says, "I was surprised to see streaking by our window a very bright lime green fireball heading toward the north." I jumped up and dashed to the door and saw it vanish. Shortly after I saw another bright light goldfish in color just above the treetops across the field from us. This light slowly and I mean very slowly moved southeast toward Three Rivers, Michigan. There wasn't any noise. Thanks to Alan D. Otterson
SAINT CLAIR COUNTY -- In the early hours of January 5, 2000, police dispatchers started receiving numerous reports of a huge slow moving craft that resembled an arrowhead just east of St. Louis. It had an unusual sprinkling of lights defined as a starfield camouflage with three bright lights on the tail. Milstadt police officers responded to complaints and at least four policemen claim to have observed the huge craft. The object was similar to a flying wing or flying triangle with small twinkling lights that appeared to be designed to camouflage the craft from observers on the ground. Lebanon, Shiloh, Highland and Dupo police officers reportedly sighted the large flying object. Scott Air Force Base is near by but the tower was closed at that time of night. The craft had three brighter lights on its tail, and flew from the northeast-to-southwest across the Metro East area about 4:00 AM. The craft was described as two stories high and about three times as long. The police searched various web sites to attempt to find likeness of the craft. The only craft that appeared similar was the photo of a "Stealth Blimp" on the Popular Mechanics Web site. Thanks to Mark Scott and Ken Young who has a likeness of the photo at &
SPRINGFIELD -- While flying a B757 a commercial flight at 33,000 feet from LAX to CLT on December 26, 1999, the two pilots and two flight attendants were observing an earth satellite-passing overhead from the cockpit. It was well past sunset at about 7:00 PM CST. The earth satellite apparently flew into the terminator and disappeared while high overhead. The witness stated, "Within a moment or so, a white-lighted object overtook and passed us in fairly close proximity making at least 200 knots more than we were." Our airspeed was .80 Mach and our ground speed was 483 knots or 550mph. The object was first noted south of our west to east course at a distance estimated to be from about 2 to 5 miles. It appeared to be at nearly the same or a slightly higher altitude. The object showed only a bright white light that appeared to be slightly disturbed by turbulence, or very slightly pulsating. Its course appeared constant, as did its altitude. It passed us and faded rather quickly from sight in about forty seconds.
A query was made to Memphis Center ARRTC as to any possible traffic. The controller said he had nothing on his scope that could be what we saw. We saw nothing on our TCAS, set to observe other transponders within 4,000 feet of our altitude and within 20 miles of horizontal distance. No red (left wing) position light and no fuselage red rotating beacons were sighted by any of the witnesses. No magnetic or electrical disturbances on our aircraft occurred. At least one passenger noted the object pass by our craft from the passenger cabin. Thanks to Peter Davenport at the National UFO Reporting Center, Editor's Note: Generally, radar operators are told not to confirm UFOs and to keep other traffic away.
MONTERREY -- Gary Carson wrote, "Recently, on or about the January 4, 2000, the TV Azteca 3 o'clock News filmed a UFO, motionless near Monterrey." It was visible for about 10 minutes, then took off. This was my closest encounter ever, and I was thrilled. The anchorwoman was Rosa Maria De Castro and the footage was pretty clear. It was sort of hat-shaped object and dark in color in the clear blue sky. I enjoy your site and respect your integrity. Thanks to Gary Carson
AUCKLAND -- UFO Researcher Karen Lyster writes, I thought I'd pass along a few UFO sightings. A witness reports, that on December 29, my step son and his fiancee, who live with us, were awakened in the middle of the night by strange noises. Two nights later on January 1, 2000, I was awakened by a noise and a red glow outside with an intermittent white flash. I thought new years fireworks, but it was 3:00 AM. I tried to get up to investigate but found I could not move, I tried to wake my partner but could not, my next recall was that it was daylight some three hours later.
AUCKLAND -- Peter writes: "My 17 year old son rang me at 12:30 AM on January 1, 2000, not to wish me a Happy New Year, but to tell me of his experience with UFO's!" He was standing on the roof of a five story carpark in downtown Auckland with a hundred other people, overlooking the Viaduct Basin where the band Split Enz were conducting a New Year's Eve concert. The band counts down to 2000 ...3, 2, 1! Suddenly, two red discs appear high up in the sky above and behind the stage. People seemed frightened by the discs. The UFOs moved left and then descended at an acute angle. The crowd on the roof top moves back in fear. By then, the fireworks have started, and while thousands if not millions of people focus on the big bangs and pyrotechnics, the disks disappear from view behind a tall building. The discs were 'big' and remain the same distance apart as they moved. Some of the frightened crowd on the rooftop start running towards the lift. A natural instinct fueled by fear. The discs were in view for about 8 seconds. During the fireworks display more red discs appear in the sky and hover for a few moments before disappearing. Part of the display involves red flares but these were distinguishable from the discs by their telltale smoke trails and their descent to the ground. One of the discs appears to land on a Naval ship anchored in Auckland harbor. The total sightings lasted for about seven minutes.
BEACHLANDS -- Peter writes: "I was driving back to Maraetai to deliver a paper to a subscriber who missed out and saw a horizontal flying cylinder at 7:25 AM on January 10, 2000. It had three segments of white with one segment at each end and one in the middle. It was high above Waiheke Island and traveling slowly toward Auckland. What struck me immediately, was the three segments of this 'plane.' They were silvery white rectangles, one at each end and one in the middle. It was about an inch and a half long from my perspective and relatively thin. I stopped the car to have a decent look but it may have gone behind the gorgeous clouds this morning. Thanks to Peter and Researcher Karen Lyster at
That was the headline on a front page article in the January 11, 2000, New York Times. The Times is the nation's leading newspaper, and long ago decided UFOs were not a topic that fits their masthead motto: "All the news that's fit to print." In recent years they have carried only two UFO-related stories. One was a sarcastic dismissal of UFO sightings in Russia, which they attributed to a resurgence of pre-Communist mysticism. The other was a long report on the Air Force "investigation" of the Roswell Incident, unquestioningly repeating the assertion that the 1947 fuss was caused by a Mogul balloon. Oddly, the China story is treated "straight," without the usual demeaning language. According to the Times, there have been a large number of UFO sightings in China, and these are studied by several research organizations that are very "mainstream" in their scientific approach. Apparently the government is supportive of this research and interest, as distinguished from the official condemnation of various semi-religious movements.
"Indeed, a large portion of China's UFO enthusiasts are scientists and engineers, not the sci-fi buffs or apocalyptic stargazers who are the stereotype in the United States. Many of China's UFO research societies require a college degree and published research for membership. The Chinese Air Force attends important UFO meetings." And quoting a leader of Chinese UFO research, "In the US, scholars investigating this are under pressure and have been derided. But in China the academic discussion is quite free, so in this area American academics are quite jealous of us." The article ends with another quote that should be taken to heart by American UFO researchers. "We're very careful and cautious to present things scientifically and to filter out things that head in a superstitious direction, since there's a great deal of fakery in the UFO field as well as real occurrence." Thanks to researcher Bob Durant.
TAMPA - MUFON State Section Director Lorraine Gerber writes, people all over Florida were reporting fast moving, some slow moving and even hovering objects on September 7, 1999. These objects were observed in some cases for up to ten minutes from Navarre in north Florida to Miami in the south. NASA and NORAD said the UFO reports were caused by the reentry of a spent SL 12 Russian booster rocket body moving from the Northwest to Southeast across the US at about 5:00 a.m. The primary MUFON investigators were Phil Bayly, Bob and Jimmy Kruse, Polly Bryan and myself. Phil Bayly, former Air Force officer and lead investigator calculated the 17,000 mph reentry speed to have placed the object over Florida for only one and a half minutes. Investigator's reports showed that witnesses had observed objects going west to south, east to west, south to east to north for extended periods. With the help of the UFO Reporting Center, Malcolm Hawthorn, and Art Bell witnesses were located who gave detailed accounts of their sightings. Some of the sightings reported by UFORC included: Cigar shaped object over St. Petersburg at 5:10 a.m., "Something strange in the sky." At Tavares at 5:04 a.m. a Cigar shaped object with three lights. Orlando, 3:00 a.m. a fireball. South Miami, 5:03 a.m., three blue-green spheres, (two separate reports). Poinciana, Lake Wales, Lake Helen, Kissimmee, 5:05 a.m., saw what appeared to be a meteor breaking up. Changed shape to 13 balls of light with and without tails, red, yellow, green, blue. Ocoee at 5:05 a.m. saw five upright disks traveling south at low altitude and medium speed with light beams directly between each disk.
Ruling out some of the fast moving objects that traveled from a north to a south direction, Bayly profiled some of the more questionable cases that were investigated by our MUFON group as well as two that Ann Lieberman, SSD from Venice investigated. He found that they did not fit into the Russian debris reentry profile. The following are some of those cases: In Tampa, a witness, Dr. Lynn Sayne, was bringing his newspaper in at 5:00 a.m. when he saw an object going from the south to north then east, moving in an irregular pattern as it changed directions. He said that the object was not streaking. He also said that there were six F-16s in flight and three had experienced the loss of their electronics. Sayne said, "In a period of five to eight seconds their aircraft systems completely shut down." He was aware of the fact that Tampa emergency vehicles were also alerted. At 5:00 a.m., two witnesses in Seminole reported seeing an object just above the tree line only 300 to 400 feet away. After changing shapes three times, it was last seen as a saucer shaped object 75 feet wide forming a cloud around it in a cloudless sky, and going straight up until it disappeared from view. This sighting also lasted several minutes. In St. Petersburg, Isle Del Sol, a witness was awakened at 3:08 a.m. with a silvery white light illuminating her bedroom. She looked out her window and saw two huge balloon-shaped spheres gliding northeast over Boca Ciega Bay that were six times the size of the moon.
Three witnesses reported seeing a cigar like object in the west that hovered and moved slightly. One witness coming from Port Charlotte to Sarasota from 4:45 to 5:00 a.m., observed an object for five minutes at 1000 yards away, about 800 to 850 feet altitude. The object had windows in º of its left section and was 225 feet wide. It had a white strobe-like light at the nose and a blue one at the rear bottom. As a retired fire fighter, he thought it was a jetliner crashing and that he should stop to see if he could pinpoint the crash site. It hovered and moved slightly towards the south while he watched for five minutes. He also saw emergency vehicles circling the area. Another witness driving west from Myakka State Park saw a similar object for several minutes. A third witness driving west from Arcadia saw a comparable object in the west. A significant sighting was reported from Lutz at 5:15 AM, when an illuminated object moved west and five airborne objects moved toward it as if to intersect. The first object got smaller until it finally was seen bursting out and then imploding as it disappeared. The witness saw a total of 15 aircraft in the area some for ten minutes. A witness at 5:00 a.m. in Englewood saw what he described as "six jumbo jets flying together in unison," illuminating each other, "but they were not aircraft." They were fast moving objects going from north to south over the gulf, but not an object reentering our atmosphere. Bayly acquired video footage shot by a John Vye and shown September 7th on Channels 9 and 13 (FOX TV). MUFON is trying to contact Mr. Vye. In a frame by frame analysis, Bayly asserts that the object is doing a barrel roll, first one way and then in the opposite direction. Reentering debris would not make this kind of maneuver. After careful analysis Bayly ruled out the possibility that these sightings were the result of a reentering booster rocket body. Bayly concluded that his findings on some of the cases do not support NASA's or NORAD's explanation. Thanks to Lorraine Gerber.
D E N V E R - The Associated Press reports, The vanished Mars Polar Lander probably broke apart in a canyon, The Denver Post reported January 6, citing scientists who suggested the landing site was the reason for NASA's latest failure. The $165 million lander was supposed to touch down Dec. 3 for a 90-day mission to analyze the planet's atmosphere and search for frozen water beneath its south pole. It has not been heard from since it started its descent after an 11-month cruise, and NASA has not offered a reason for the disappearance. Members of the Lockheed Martin team who maneuvered the craft to Mars believe a canyon nearly a mile deep and 6 miles wide in some places was the landing site, the Post reported, citing an unidentified source at the aeronautics company who was on the mission team. Orbiter Burned Up The source relied on "probable" landing coordinates posted online by NASA and its Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Lab officials acknowledged that they knew the canyon was in the area. "We believe we landed in a region that was in the vicinity (of the canyon), but we have no way of knowing whether it hit those slopes," said Daniel McCleese, the Mars Surveyor Program scientist at JPL. The loss of the lander came less than three months after bungled communications between Lockheed and JPL caused the Mars Climate Orbiter to burn up in the Martian atmosphere. Lockheed scientists were reportedly surprised to learn that the canyon was inside the lander's projected landing zone. During the mission, Lockheed scientists steered the craft under JPL direction. "No one on our side knew that canyon was there," the Lockheed source told the Post. "All of the sudden, two weeks later, we got this MOLA data" - topographical maps and images - "and it was like, 'Look at that hole!'" Thanks to Jan 6, Denver Post.
Editor's Note: Hundreds of Millions of dollars have been lost because of NASA's apparent unwillingness to share data with Lockheed. The Lockheed scientists would also be surprised to learn that this area on Mars has features that appear to be artificially formed assuming they are not a combination of pixilization and transmission errors. They have been given descriptive names by NASA such as Nod and Inca City. The Inca City area located at 81.8S - 59.1W, has many rectangular walled areas each about 4 miles across similar to the ancient cities in Peru. Interestingly, the Inca's believe they were visited by spacemen and celebrate with spinning wheels that look like UFOs. The site at Nod appears to be an ancient cultural site with structures. Nod appears to have been used for growing plants and producing oxygen since the site is on the edge of snow and ice fields composed of carbon dioxide at 83S 43W. NASA's name for Nod is the location Cain was sent to wander by God in Genesis 4. My speculation is that NASA has found evidence of ancient intelligent life on Mars, but can not make an announcement until its probes are successful.
Researcher Carl Feindt has a new web site based on UFO's seen near water at The site was built by Chuck Warren and is well worth viewing.
On Tuesday, I was called by Heather Anne Harder, Ph.D., who is running as a candidate for the President of the United States. She was a genuinely nice person, but most important to Ufologists she feels that research and openness in government is needed concerning UFOs. She says, "She knows UFO's exist." She had her own personal sighting of strange lights that were observed by 24 people. This was followed by an unexplained experience of missing time. She is well aware that former Governor Jimmy Carter also had a UFO sighting and made election promises to find out what was going on, but after his election no answers were given. Even today, former President Carter refuses to answer MUFON queries about his own personal sighting. She vows to get some answers if she is elected. Although, MUFON does not endorse any candidates for public office, Dr. Heather Anne Harder is refreshing in that she understands the UFO phenomenon. It is delightful to talk to a person who comprehends and acknowledges the American citizen's frustration with the situation. She promises that if she is elected, she will demand some tough answers. She will not accept the usual sly remarks about UFOs from government employees that work for us. Dr. Harder feels we are being visited and contacted on a regular basis by an alien presence and further research is desperately needed.
Dr. Harder indicated that if the UFO community wants to be heard, the presidential primaries provide the ideal forum. Each candidate is fighting hard to get a small percentage of the votes. In states like New Hampshire and Iowa, one voice is worth thousands perhaps tens of thousands of votes. Once one of these candidates is elected, we would have little chance of ever talking to the new the President. But each individual voter in the primary takes on unique importance since so few participate in the primaries. Dr. Harder suggested that people interested in UFOs, should show up at a caucus and the various meetings and ask questions about UFOs from each candidate. Astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell stated, research into UFOs might be the most important endeavor of mankind. Yet most candidates appear to know little about the subject. Ufology needs a presidential candidate who will demand answers, and get the government interested. Most of you reading these files know that UFOs are in our skies, and in some cases creating a safety hazard. NASA has spent some 20 billion dollars searching for life on Mars, but refuses to admit the failure of 23 out of 31 probes could have anything to do with UFOs. They tell me they are not interested in looking at the Soviet Phobus 2 film that shows a UFO intercepting the probe near Mars. I suggest we want some answers, not condescending we know what is best for the millions of UFO enthusiasts. It seems most of the candidates say the same thing. Perhaps its time to listen to someone like Dr. Harder who will support our cares and needs. These files are sent to all the presidential candidates and she is the first one to contact me. So naturally I'm flattered. She feels the campaign needs citizen participation rather than lobbyists deciding what's best for you. Dr. Harder wants to have honest and healthy mechanisms for citizen participation to reclaim the government and reestablish it as being for the People. She wants to empower the American people to become the ultimate stabilizing force as the fourth branch of democratic government. Although, MUFON does not support any candidate for public office, Dr. Heather Harder is interested in UFOs and how this relates to the average citizen.
PHOTOGRAPH BOOKLET of some of the best UFO shots available and data on their propulsion systems. $10.00
THREE YEARS OF FILER'S FILES -- 1997, 1998, and 1999 on CD or Floppy Disc for only $25.00. The cost includes handling and shipping. An index is included. Send a check to George Filer, 222 Jackson Road Medford, New Jersey 08055.
Free Daily UFO/ET Newsletter via E-mail!
US GOVERNMENT UFO PROOF RELEASED: Audio tapes of a genuine UFO Alert at Edwards Air Force base and studied by the Foreign Technology Division at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, are now available for distribution to the public. Sam Sherman's audio documentary tape called EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE ENCOUNTER on the night of October 7, 1965, uses the actual voice recordings provided by the Air Force. During this event 12 high tech luminous UFOs invade secure air space and came down low over the runways at Edwards AFB. Tower operator Sgt. Chuck Sorrels spotted them and notified the Air Defense Command. Sgt. Sorrels is heard on the original tapes and in a new segment where he verifies the event as it is heard on the archival recordings. The UFOs are described and a decision is made to launch F-106 fighter interceptors. You are there for an important part of UFO history. Hear it for yourself, it's the best UFO tape ever made. Tape cost is $14.95 each plus $2.00 for shipping -- total $16.95 -- (for overseas orders-out of US - add $6.00 shipping cost -- total -- $20.95) you can send either a personal check or money order to: Independent International Pictures Corp, Box 565, Dept. GF, Old Bridge, New Jersey 08857.
MUFON UFO JOURNAL For more detailed monthly investigative reports subscribe by contacting Mention I recommended you for membership. Filer's Files is Copyrighted 2000 by George A. Filer, all rights reserved. Readers may post items from the Files on their Web Sites provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of issue that the item appeared. Send your letters to Sending mail automatically grants permission for us to publish. Please state if you wish to keep your name or story confidential,
Web Site at Chuck Warren Webmaster.


This Site Served by TheHostPros