- 990715 Sydney Hunters Hill NSW 5.10 - 5.30am.
- Respondents report sighting up to 6 large flashing green
lights high above the Sydney harbour bridge at a height that seemed to
be about 10-15000 feet. The lights appeared to be stationary and randomly
flashed at 6.30am a large cloud passed under the light with the result
of blocking them out.
- 990714 Bunbaberg CBD Wongarra St Qld.
- 10.30am - Reports of a dark flying disc with a dome
on top, in the north north east sky emmiting a very strong flashing light
from time to time. Appeared to change into a cigar shape hard to tell
but headed towards the north over the sea. Seemmed to be about Jumbo jet
size or bigger and about 1-2miles away. Sightinged for about 4 minutes.
- Respondent writes:
- At approximately 10.15 on wed. 14. July 1999 myself
& 2 others observed what appeared to be a disc hovering in the sky
in a NNE direction from Bundaberg CBD. It quickly became apparent to us
that it was not a plane though quite large.
- As we watched, the object slowly began to glow very
brightly, so bright that it seemed to grow to about 4 times its original
size, then returned to "normal" in about 2-3seconds. This glowing
was repeated every 4-5 seconds for the duration of the event,first a small
glow followed by a bright one alternately, making the object appear to
be slowly pulsating. I would estimate the object to have been 1 1/2 -2
miles away, judging by the level of atmospheric distortion and quite large.
About the size of 2 jumbo jets viewed at the same distance.
- As we watched, the object slowly began to move away
until it was about a quarter its original size then abrubtly disappeared.
The whole sequence took about 3-4 minutes. The object appeared to my
eye as being about the size of a 5 cent piece held at arms length slowly
getting smaller as it moved away.
- It must be stressed that it was a perfectly clear day
and object was at the wrong angle in relation to myself and the sun for
it to have been a relection of light, nor was the object in any normally
used flight path. I have discussed this description with the 2 people
who were present & both have agreed that what I have discribed is an
accurate occount of what occurred.
- The object was disc shaped with a slight bulge at the
center top & bottom, metallic in colour, no visible wings or means
of propulsion, no vapor trails, silent and hovered for at least 2 minutes
before moving at all. It was, all in all, a classic "textbook"
sighting with all the hallmarks of a genuine, bonafide UFO event, in broad
daylight over a populated area. It was so obious that I'm sure it must
have been observed by others.
- I must also point out that my father worked as an air
traffic controller for 30 years and I would often accompany him and am
very familiar with most types of aircraft. I have also worked for many
years in movie production doing special FX and know how easiy illusions
may be created and this was like nothing I have ever seen. That's about
it. THIS IS NOT A FABRICATION!
- 990713 Adelaide south east suburbs7.00pm local time reports
of a large illuminate to the north west accompanied with a smaller illumination
slowly moving west. -- Jupiter --
- Melbourne Carlton area 4.45 -5.05pm Respondents report
sighting a random flashing light extremely high above the Melbourne basin
- 990712 Adelaide Cheltenham - Albert Park 9.45 pm..
- Respondent reports sighting a bright orange-red illumination
that seemed to be floating. It was tracked for about 15 minutes. It came
from the East and headed west and after a short period it changed direction
to the north west, it appeared to cover 8-10kms in distance and looked
to be about 5 kms up in height. It did look like a small camp fire in the
sky before it seemed to burn out .
- Toowoomba Queensland 8.15-8.30pm Three bright orange
illuminations traveling in a triangle shaped formation, sighted for 10-15
mins moving from the North East heading to the south, traveling faster
than a frighter jet no sound heard.
- Cairns Queensland 1.30am Meteroite white fuzzball, flash's
of light with hissing sound.
- Tweed Heads NSW 12.40am Very loud sonic thud or bang
which shook the whole house.
- 990711 Toowoomba Queensland 8.15pm 2 Bright orange illuminations
passing overhead to the south west followed by a large fast moving white
illumination that appeared to coming out or from the ground, which moved
faster than an aircraft.
- Toowoomba Queensland 8.30pm Bright orange illuminations
passing the area.
- 990710 7/10/99 Ferntree Gully at 9:15 to 9:40 pm . .
. Respondent and husband writes. Witnessed 7 orange illuminations heading
(east) towards Dandenong ranges. Objects appeared in formation, travelling
without sound at an altitude of 1000mtrs (approx). Objects were unlike
anything we have seen before. <http://www.eisa.net.au/~ippoz/ufo/gbag.rm
- Eromanga - south west Queensland 00.20 -00.45am Red
white flushing illumination south west sky Star light refraction.
- Melbourne Victoria to Mt Gambier South Australia 7.00,
8.30, 9.45, 10.30, 11.05,11.50, 11.45, 12.00pm Sighting reports of bright
orange illuminations numbering up to 10 per report, heading north from
Ferntree Gully and other orange illuminations reported in from Sunshine
in the Western suburbs of Melbourne @11.05-11.50pm .
- 990708 Toowoomba Queensland 8.30pm Ornage illuminations
slowly passing overhead.
- 990706 Toowoomba Queensland 8.20pm brights orange illuminations
North East heading.
- Meteor Shower ALERT June 27- July 5/6th
- Reports from Queensland - Victoria to Western Australia
- Radio Meteor Alert - NASA Earth may be headed into two
meteoroid swarms near the end of June. Ham radio operators can monitor
the action, which may be invisible to the naked eye.