- Notes- We received the following
email from Mr. Beletsky and want to make everyone aware of the opportunity
to secure first-class UFO/ET and other anomalous information via the RIAP
- Research Institute on Anomalous
- Kharkov, Ukraine
- Alexander Beletsky
- Vice-Director of Research
- Institute on Anomalous Phenomena
- Dear Mr. Rense,
- My name is Alexander Beletsky. I am Vice-Director
of Research Institute on Anomalous Phenomena (RIAP) - an independent scientific-
research body, established in Kharkov (Ukraine) a few years ago. We aim
at scientific studies in the fields of the UFO problem and the SETI (Search
for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) question. The Institute makes its investigations
in close collaboration with the CIS Academy of Cosmonautics and Russian
Academy of Sciences. Please find here attached (as Appendix I) a RIAP Information
Leaflet, describing the Institute's research programs in some detail.
- To inform the international ufological
community about the results of investigations that are conducted by RIAP
specialists and other scientists in the territory of the former Soviet
Union, we started, in 1994, a special periodical: newsletter RIAP Bulletin
(RB). It is the ONLY serious anomalistic periodical in the Commonwealth
of Independent States published IN ENGLISH. There appear in RB research
articles, short communications, book reviews, letters to the Editor, etc.
- RB Vol. 1, Nos. 1-4 - Vol. 4, Nos. 1-3
have been printed and sent to subscribers. They contain, in particular,
- "Post-Soviet Ufology: a View from
Inside" by V.V.Rubtsov
- "Alternative Science?", by
- "UFOs as Objects of Study by Terrestrial
Physics", by V.A.Buerakov
- "Search for Alien Artifacts on the
Moon: A Justification", by A.V.Arkhipov
- "UFOs: a Possible Mechanism of Formation,
Behavior and Environmental
- Impact", by V.I.Mazhuga
- "The Petrozavodsk Phenomenon",
by L.M.Gindilis & Y.K.Kolpakov
- "The Black Ball: a Supposed Extraterrestrial
Artifact", by V.N.Fomenko
- "A Second UFO Landing on the River
Mzha", by a group of RIAP scientists,
- and others.
- We have also published the first really
- of anomalous features of the famous Tunguska
explosion ("The Tunguska
- Meteorite: A Dead-Lock or the Start of
a New Stage of Inquiry?"),
- written by the leading Russian specialist
in this problem - Nikolay V.
- Vasilyev, Member of Academy.
- RIAP Bulletin is published four times
per year. Subscription rates:
- A life-long subscription - $100;
- 12 issues (three years) - $50;
- 8 issues (two years) - $35;
- 4 issues (one year) - $20.
- Airmail postage included.
- Back issues are still available in limited
- ($5 per issue, $50 a whole set - ten
- If you are interested in subscribing
to RIAP Bulletin, please let me know. I and my colleagues would be happy
to inform you about advances and prospects of ufological studies in this
part of the world.
- There will appear in the next RB issues,
in particular, the following papers: "A Possible Genetic Trace of
the Tunguska Catastrophe of 1908", by Y.G.Rychkov "UFOs: False
and Genuine", by the Russian academic UFO expert Y.V.Platov "Did
the Maori Know About the Rings of Jupiter?", by Y.N.Morozov, and many
- With all my best wishes and warmest regards,
- Sincerely yours, Alexander V. Beletsky,
M.A., Vice-Director, RIAP
- RESEARCH INSTITUTE ON ANOMALOUS PHENOMENA,
- The principal trends of researches of
the institute in the UFO field are as follows: creation of an efficient
system of reconstruction of a real anomalous event on the basis of witnesses'
testimonies; formation of a unified CIS UFO data base (in collaboration
with the Expert Group on Anomalous Atmospheric Phenomena of the Russian
Academy of Sciences) and a computer expert system to identify genuine UFOs
(GUFOs); development of physical models of GUFOs; monitoring of a place
of recurrent UFO landings on the river Mzha, near Kharkov; studies in the
hidden history of Soviet ufology.
- In the SETI field, there was realized,
under the guidance of Alexey V. Arkhipov, phase I of the program "Search
for Alien Artifacts on the Moon" (SAAM) and its results were presented
on the pages of RIAP Bulletin. Besides, we have been examining some enigmatic
finds that can be considered candidate extraterrestrial artifacts (ancient,
or not so ancient). These are the so-called "Kassimov ball" -
a small (diameter some 4.5 cm) black ball of unknown origin, found in Central
Russia in 1983 on the depth 7 meters, in a layer of pure red clay, - and
the remains of a strange object that obviously originated from space and
fell down near Kharkov in 1994 (judging from its chemical composition,
it is neither a meteorite, nor terrestrial space junk).
- The institute pays considerable attention
to the problem of the Tunguska explosion of 1908. We are studying statistical
parameters of the forest fall area, as well as the biogeochemical elemental
and isotopic anomalies and population-genetic effects, revealed in the
area of the catastrophe. A state-of-the-art collection of research papers
on the Tunguska problem is now under preparation.
- The Scientific Council and Advisory Board
of the Institute include such Russian and Ukrainian specialists in the
UFO problem and SETI field as Dr. E.A.Ermilov (specialist in radio detection
of aerial anomalous phenomena), Dr. V.N.Fomenko (investigator of the famous
Vashka find, as well as other supposed ET artifacts), Y.A.Fomin (doyen
of UFO studies in Russia), Dr. L.M.Gindilis (astronomer and SETI expert),
Dr. Y.V.Platov (Vice-Chairman of the Academic UFO Study Group), Dr. V.K.Zhuravlev
(investigator of the Tunguska explosion), and others. The Advisory Board
comprehends also a group of well-known Western scientists, scholars and
engineers - V.-J.Ballester Olmos (Spain), Dr. T.E.Bullard (USA), Dr. R.F.Haines
(USA), Dr. A.Meessen (Belgium), et al. Dr. Vladimr V. Rubtsov, Full Member
of the CIS Academy of Cosmonautics and one of pioneers of ufological studies
in the former USSR, is Director of RIAP.
- Institute mailing address:
- RIAP, P.O.Box 4684, 310022 Kharkov-22,
- Internet e-mail address:
- Website: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Starship/1527/
- Note - To subscibe is not easy at this
point in time but it can be done per
- the following note received on 5-12-99...
- Dear Mr. Rense,
- Many thanks for your email and good words
about RIAP work, as well as for posting my message on your homepage!
- As for the exact method of acceptable
payment - unfortunately, at present no International Money Order or foreign
check can be cashed in Ukraine. So, the only real method of payment is
bank transfer. We understand this is not the best method possible and are
searching for another one, but for the time being this remains the only
possibility existent. So, if and when any of you decide to subscribe, please
let me know and I will be glad to send you all the necessary details.
- All my best wishes and warmest regards!
- Sincerely yours,
- Alexander Beletsky
- Vice-Director, RIAP
- RIAP BULLETIN SUBSCRIPTION FORM
- (RIAP US
- Mr. Robert W. Gray
- 180-4 Poplar St.
- Rochester, NY 14620
- Amount enclosed: ( ) A life-long subscription,
- ( ) 3 years, 12 issues,
- ( ) 2 years, 8 issues,
- ( ) 1 year, 4 issues,
- ( ) BACK ISSUES Vol.
1, No. 1 - Vol. 4, No. 4, $50
- I am enclosing: [ ] a check drawn on
a US bank;
- [ ] a postal money order;
- [ ] Cash
- Please make checks/money orders payable
ONLY to: "Mr. Robert W.
- (Please cut here, print and send the
upper part with payment to the
- address of Mr. Robert W. Gray, RIAP US
- (Please fill in and send the lower part
to the RIAP Ukraine
- electronic address: <firstname.lastname@example.org)
- RIAP BULLETIN SUBSCRIPTION
- (RIAP Ukraine
- (your name)
- <your mailing address
- The sum $________ has been sent to the
RIAP US address on
- ____________ 1999.
- [ ] Send me RIAP Bulletin, beginning
from Vol. 5, No. 1.
- [ ] Send me RIAP Bulletin back issues
- (Vol. 1, No. 1 - Vol. 4, No. 4).