Close Encounter with a
Black Triangle
By Gary Tenuta
The following is an account of "another" encounter with "a" black triangle in Seattle Washington which occurred in 1993. I believe it was in the month of November.
It was a Sunday night about 9:30. I often have occasion to be driving north ab out this time of evening on Sundays and I usually take the freeway. This time, however, I knew the freeway, northbound, was jammed up due to an accident. So I had taken an alternate route which eventually led me to what I think was East Marginal Way, right next to the Boeing Aircraft Plant.
I noticed three red lights low in the sky ahead of me over to my right. They were moving in unison, very slowly from east to west. At first I thought they must be the lights of a low flying plane, perhaps about to land. Then I thought, no, they must be helicopters because a plane, even if it was landing, wouldn't be moving that slowly. The trouble was, I couldn't actually see the craft or crafts that the lights were attached to. They were, maybe, a half mile ahead of me, about 30 degrees to my right. Normally, I wouldn't have really paid much attention to this at all because I've been making this Sunday night drive past Boeing (although via the freeway) for the last twelve years. In all that time I've seen plenty of airplanes and helicopters flying low in this area.

But something was different this time.

It took me a minute to realize what it was. It was the fact that the lights weren't blinking. I thought that was odd. It seemed to me that every airplane or helicopter I've ever seen flying at night had blinking lights. I squinted my eyes as I drove toward the lights, trying to see just what the heck I was actually looking at. Although I was now only about two blocks away from being directly under the flight path of these lights, I still could not make out what they were attached to. However, from their slow, steady movement, in unison, I was pretty sure all three of them were attached to a single object rather than being independent of each other.

By the time I was directly below their flight path, they were about to reach the airspace over Boeing Field immediately to my left. I was now convinced it was a single, low-flying craft of somekind and I knew there was something very odd here. I pulled my car off to the side of the road and rolled down the window to get a better look. When I saw what I thought I saw I said to myself, "Wait a minute! What the hell is that?" I opened the car door and stepped out, craning my neck to see the huge object directly over my head.
It was a gigantic flying black triangle! There is no other way to describe it because that's precisely what it was; a huge, black, flying triangle. I don't mean it was just sort of triangular shaped, like one of those wedge-winged jets or something. It was just one big three-sided, cookie-cutter-straight-edged, black, geometric shape; a triangle with one large unblinking red light flat up against the bottom of the craft at each of its three corners. There was a high, gray cloud cover that evening, subtly lit by the Seattle city lights in the distance. Against this ceiling I could see the object like a huge, dense black silhouette.
I stood there almost not believing what I knew I was seeing. I said to myself, "Ok. What, exactly, are you seeing? You're going to want to remember every detail of this! Just the facts, now. What, exactly, do you see?" I made a mental inventory. "Black triangle. Red light on bottom of craft at each corner. They don't blink. It looks like it's only about seventy-five to a hundred feet above one of the main Boeing hangars now. It's moving very slowly. Maybe five miles per hour. It's heading west. It must be about the size of a football field."
Suddenly I realized, as I stood there in the dark on this quiet empty street, the object didn't make a sound! Maybe more than anything else, that's what made the whole thing so eerie. Something that huge, that close, moving through the air at a snail's pace right over my head should be making some kind of a sound! A hum! A rumble! Anything! But, no. It just moved across the sky like something out of a Steven Spielberg movie with the volume turned off. I looked up and down the street to see if anyone else was witnessing this silent event, but the street was dark and empty in both directions. I looked up again at the mysterious thing now blending into the dark horizon. I watched it until I couldn't see it anymore and then it was over.
I got back into my car and closed the door. The window was still open and I took another look. Nothing was there but the gray night sky, softly aglow from the distant city lights. It was as if nothing had happened. I sat there for a minute and lit a cigarette. Then I turned the car on and took one more look, knowing it wouldn't be there, but still wanting to remember where it had been. I shook my head as if in disbelief and pulled out onto the road. All the way home I just kept asking myself, "What the hell was that?"
Whatever it was, it was my one and only close encounter. I waited all my life to see a UFO and, as it turned out, it was nothing like I always imagined it would be. I wanted to see a "flying saucer"! You know, one of those shiney, disk-shaped things that everybody else sees. But, no. I had to see a flying black triangle! Then again, it was probably just a weather balloon, right? A weather kite? Swamp gas. Yeah, that's it. Triangular swamp gas.

Greg is a respected member of a particular outdoor sporting activity here in the Pacific Northwest. One day, about 1981, he was doing some hiking and rock climbing at a place called Lion Rock in Washington State. When he reached the plateau, he looked up and saw a dark triangle shaped object several thousand feet in the sky. On his second visit to that same plateau he saw the object again. And again it was positioned very high in the sky. On his third trip to Lion Rock, he was climbing with a friend (I'll call him Bill) who happened to be a Lockheed flight engineer. When they reached the top, Greg was telling Bill about the triangular object. As he was pointing to the sky to show his partner where he'd seen the object, the same object appeared! Bill of course did not know the size of the object but guessed its altitude must have been about 20,000 feet.
As they stood there looking at the object they noticed it appeared to be getting larger. In a moment they realized it was in a freefall heading straight for them! They dove for the bushes and the object, which now could be quite clearly seen to be a craft, came to an abrupt stop about 150 feet above the ground and about 150 feet away from them.
Greg got out his field glasses to get a really good look at the surface of the craft. He said it really wasn't black but, rather, a very dark amber-hued brown. There was no indication of seams or rivets that he could see. It had the appearance of being a molded piece. He estimates its size was about equal to a football field. He detected what he thought seemed to be windows along one side and a glow of light coming from within the craft. As in my own sighting, the craft had been totally silent all this time. But that was about to change.
Suddenly the craft let out an ear piercing screech and took off at an angle right over Greg and Bill. As it did so, the craft emitted a beam of white light which passed directly over them. In a moment the craft was gone.
The result of this encounter was that Greg suffered from blood in his urine for about the next 6 months and Bill suffered from a rash throughout his groin area for about the same period of time.
It is interesting to note that Greg is a devout Christian and never really had an interest in UFOs before his encounters. His father is a Cristian minister.
I have never met Bill but Greg tells me the event caused Bill severe psychological repercussions. I don't know what that means in terms of exactly what those repercussions were.
It is also interesting to note that Greg's encounter was nearly a decade earlier than mine. If these things are "ours", how long have they been around? Or are just the more recent ones ours, having been constructed from "borrowed" technology?

Update: Submission

In about 1975, I was a piano instructor for a young woman who told me of a close encounter she and her family had had with a black triangle. She had this experience several years earlier.
She and her family had just sat down to eat a barbecue lunch at a picnic table in their back yard. They lived in a farming district of the Central Valley in California, somewhere near Fresno.
Suddenly the picnic table and back yard was covered in shadow so they all looked up simotaneously. She said that there was a large triangular shaped craft several hundred feet directly over them. They all bolted up at once, sending the picnic table toppling onto the family dog who had cowered under it, injuring him. Her mother had a heart attack on the spot and had to be rushed to the hospital.
She said that it made no noise. Immediately after their panic reaction, the craft shot straight up and out of sight without any sound.

Submitted by Mark Moyer

Email Homepage