- DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY
NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
- 901 M STREET SE
WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
- WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060
- Unidentified Flying Objects:
Adamski, George. Flying Saucers. Farewell. New York: Abelard, 1961. OCLC
964949, 4020003, 2903347.
- Azhazha, V. "UFOs: Space Aliens?"
Soviet Soldier 12 (Dec. 1991): 67-69.
- Beard, Robert Brookes. Flying Saucers,
U.F.O's and Extraterrestrial Life: A Bibliography of British Books, 1959-1970.
Swindon UK: R. Beard, 1971. OCLC 24619384 (microform), and 195200 (hardcopy).
- Becker, Louise G. Unidentified Flying
Objects: Selected Reference (1966-1968). Washington: Library of Congress,
Legislative Reference Service, c1968. OCLC 11336685.
- Berlitz, Charles. The Roswell Incident.
New York: Grosset & Dunlap, 1980. OCLC 6831957, 18731624.
- Boikov, R. "Paratroopers and UFOnauts."
Soviet Soldier 4 (Apr. 1991): 74-76.
- Brennan, Norman. Flying Saucer Books
and Pamphlets in English: A Bibliographic Checklist. Buffalo, NY: 1971.
- Carlson, David R. "UFOs: The Air
Force and the UFOs." Aerospace Historian 22, no.4 (Dec. 1974): 210-217.
- Catoe, Lynn E. UFOs and Related Subjects:
An Annotated Bibliography. Washington: Air Force Office of Scientific Research,
Office of Aerospace Research, 1969. OCLC 17501212.
- Corso, Philip J. The Day After Roswell.
New York: Pocket Books, 1997. OCLC 37039627.
- Dane, Abe. "Flying Saucers: The
Real Story." Popular Mechanics 172, no.l (Jan. 1995): 50-53, 171 .
- Davidson, Leon. Flying Saucers: An Analysis
of the Air Force Project Blue Book Special Report No. 14. Ramsey NJ: RamseyWallace
Corp., 1966. OCLC 3186459, 952843, 145609, 4646378.
- Friedman, Stanton T. Crash at Corona:
The U.S. Military Retrieval and CoverUp of a UFO. New York: Paragon House,
1992. OCLC 25632749.
- Hall, Richard H. ed. The UFO Evidence
(Unidentified Flying Objects). Washington: National Investigations Committee
on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP), 1964. OCLC 1453565.
- Huyghe, Patrick. The Field Guide to Extraterrestials.
New York: Avon Books, 1996. OCLC 23414930.
- Jung, Carl G. Flying Saucers: A Modern
Myth of Things Seen in the Skies. New York: Harcourt, 1959. OCLC 4762238,
- Keyhoe, Donald E. Flying Saucers From
Outer Space. New York: Holt, 1953. OCLC 181368.
- _____. Flying Saucers: Top Secret. New
York: Putnam, 1960. OCLC 5527262.
- Kinder, Gary. Light Years: An Investigation
Into the Extraterrestrial Experiences of Eduard Meier. New York: Atlantic
Monthly Press, 1987. OCLC 14931396.
- Lorenzen, C.E. Great Flying Saucer Hoax.
New York: William Frederick, 1962. OCLC 2501174.
- Mack, John E. Abduction: Human Encounters
With Aliens. New York: Scribners, 1994. OCLC 29182360.
- McAndrew, James. The Roswell Report:
Case Closed. Washington: Headquarters US Air Force, 1997. OCLC 36589408.
- Menzel, Donald Howard World of Flying
Saucers: A Scientific Examination of a Major Myth of the Space Age. New
York: Doubleday, 1963. OCLC 1285191.
- Page, Henrietta, M. Flying Saucers: A
Bibliography. Aiken, SC: Page, 1975. OCLC 1863739.
- Peebles, Curtis. Watch the Skies!: A
Chronicle of the Flying Saucer Myth. Washington: Smithsonian Institution
Press, 1994. OCLC 28506353. [An excellent survey]
- Pflock, Karl T. Roswell in Perspective.
Washington: Fund for UFO Research 1994. OCLC 31771598.
- Randle, Kevin D. Conspiracy of Silence.
New York: Avon Books, 1997. OCLC 35770870.
- Randle, Kevin D. and Donald R. Schmitt.
The Truth About the UFO Crash at Roswell. New York: M. Evans, 1994. OCLC
- Randles, Jenny. UFO Retrievals: The Recovery
of Alien Spacecraft. London: Blandford, 1995. OCLC 33012521.
- UFOs and How to See Them. New York: Sterling
Publishing Company.1992. OCLC 27765913.
- Randle, Kevin D. A History of UFO Crashes.
New York: Avon Books, 1995. UFO Crash at Roswell. New York: Avon Books,
l991. OCLC 24047899.
- Rodgers, Kay. Unidentified Flying Objects:
A Selected Bibliography. Washington: Library of Congress, 1976. OCLC 2493117.
- Ruppelt, Edward J. Report on Unidentified
Flying Obiects. New York: Doubleday, 1956. OCLC 1941793.
- Shawcross, Tim. The Roswell File: Fifty
Years On - The Most Thorough Investigation Yet of the Biggest Alien Story
Ever. Osceola, WI: Motorbooks International, l997. OCLC 37361727.
- Spencer, John ed. The UFO Encyclopedia.
New York: Avon Books, l991. OCLC 26211869.
- Stover, Dawn. "50 Years After Roswell."
Popular Science 250, no.6 (Jun. 1997) : 82-88.
- Tacker, Lawrence J. Flying Saucers and
the U.S. Air Force. New York: Van Nostrand, 1960. OCLC 1393035.
- Tarabrin, A. "Star Wars or Star
Peace?: Following the Traces of Flying Saucers." Soviet Soldier 1
(Jan. 1991): 68-70.
- Unidentified Flying Objects Bibliography,
Newspaper Clippings. Washington: Library of Congress, n.d. OCLC 29809959.
[Note: 4 volume set of microfilm covering the period through 1966]
- United States. Congress. House. Committee
on Armed Services. Unidentified Flying Objects. 89th Cong., 2d sess., 5
April 1966. OCLC 5367026.
- United States. Congress. House. Committee
on Science and Astronautics. Symposium on Unidentified Flying Objects.
90th Cong., 2d sess., 29 July 1968. OCLC 3322.
- United States. Department of the Air
Force. The Roswell Report: Fact Versus Fiction in the New Mexico Desert.
Washington: GPO, 1995.
- United States. General Accounting Office.
Results of a Search for Records Concerning the 1947 Crash Near Roswell,
New Mexico. Washington: General Accounting Office 1995. GAO/NSIA 95187.
- United States. Library of Congress, Science
and Technology Division, Science Reference Section. Unidentified Flying
Objects (UFOS). Washington: GPO, 1991. OCLC 25269172.
- Vasilyev, V. "Target: UFO."
Soviet Soldier 8 (Aug. 1991): 73-75.
- Walters, Edward and Bruce Maccabee. UFO's
Are Real: Here's the Proof. New York: Avon Books, 1997. OCLC 36214720.
- Walters, Edward and Frances Walters.
The Gulf Breeze Sightinqs: The Most Astounding Multiple Sightings of UFO's
in U.S. History. New York: William Morrow, 1990. OCLC 20391829, 26129166.
- Wilson, Jim. "Roswell Plus 50. "Popular
Mechanics 174, no.7 (Jul. 1997): 48-53.
- Original U.S. Government Documents:
- 1. For extensive documentation of UFO
investigations, the researcher should consult the records of US Air Force
Project Blue Book, located in Record Group 341, at the National Archives
and Records Administration, Textual Reference Branch, College Park, MD.
20740-6001; telephone (301) 713-7250.
- RG 341.15 RECORDS OF PROJECT BLUE BOOK
- History: Established as Project Sign
by a memorandum from Maj. Gen. L.C. Craigie, Director of Research and Development,
Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff, Material, HQUSAF, to Lt. Gen. Nathan
F. Twining, Commanding General, Air Materiel Command (AMC), USAF, 30 December
1947. Assigned to Technical Intelligence Division, Intelligence Department,
AMC, 22 January 1948; confirmed by Technical Instruction 2185, HQAMC, 11
February 1949, pursuant to a letter from Director of Research and Development,
Deputy Chief of Staff, Materiel, HQUSAF, 16 December 1948. Project Grudge
terminated, December 1949. Reactivated, 27 October 1951. Redesignated
- Project Blue Book, March 1952. Air Technical
Intelligence Center, transferred from AMC to Office of Director of Intelligence,
Deputy Chief of Staff, Operations, 1952. Terminated by Secretary of the
Air Force announcement, 17 December 1969.
- Textual Records: Records of the Aerial
Phenomena Branch, Technical Analysis Division, Air Technical Intelligence
Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, relating to the Air Force
study of unidentified flying objects (UFOs), consisting of case files on
alleged UFO sightings,
- 1947-1969 (61ft.); case files of the
4602d Air Intelligence Service Squadron on alleged UFO ightings, 1954-56;
and records relating to the staffing and organization of the project, 1948-67.
Records of the Office of the Director of Special Investigations, Office
of the Inspector General, HQUSAF, consisting of reports of investigations
of alleged UFO sightings, 1948-68.
- Motion Pictures (20 reels): Motion pictures
received by the Air Force during the project, and forming part of the Aerial
Phenomena Branch case files described above, 1950-67.
- Sound Recordings (23 items): Interviews
with individuals conducted or acquired by the Air Force during the project,
and forming part of the Aerial Phenomena Branch case files described above,
- Photographs (8,360 images): Sightings
of alleged UFOs, forming part of the Aerial Phenomena Branch case files
described above, 1954-66 (PBB).
- 2. The Declassified Documents Reference
System published by Research Publications, Woodbridge, CT issued bimonthly
on microfiche with a hardcopy abstracts/subject index, is another source
worth examining. OCLC 16411767
- This bibliography is intended to provide
research assistance only, and does not imply any opinion concerning the
subject on the part of the U.S. Navy.