- MISSOULA - What would it
take to make you a believer in unidentified flying objects? For some, it
may come down to actually having to see one. A strange "sighting"
made a believer out of one Missoula resident.
- It,s been nearly sixty years since that night during
World War II when Wayne Nordby stood outside the barracks at the airforce
base in Salina, Kansas, and looked up into the night sky. That was the
night he saw an unidentified flying object.
- Wayne Nordby, a WWII veteran, said, "And I know
I was sworn to secrecy when I came out of the service not to talk about
things, and I haven,t."
- After the war, Nordby made a life in Montana as an upholsterer.
He raised a family, and retired. These days he,s slowed a bit, and uses
oxygen tubes. Now, he has more time to read, paint, and listen to radio
talk shows about the paranormal. He also has plenty of time to reflect.
- Wayne Nordby said, "The world is not quite everything
that we see."
- Recently, Nordby read a letter to the editor in the Missoulian
about the existence of aliens.
- He called the letter,s author, Michael Bishop (a UFO
researcher), and shared his experience. Michael Bishop said, "Hey,
boys and girls, they,re real, and they,re here."
- Recently, a meeting was arranged between the two men.
- A certified hypno-therapist, Bishop guided Nordby into
a relaxed state, to regress back to the night of the sighting.
- During this session, Wayne Nordby said, "It,s not
quite dark because the light from the base is shining up against the clouds
which are very low, there is a fine mist blowing, as we look up we see
this huge, cigar-shaped object. There,s no controls in the back end, there,s
no bathtub underneath, I can,t see any lights."
- Nordby said the object was three times larger than a
B-29. At the time, the B-29 was the largest aircraft the military had.
According to Nordby, this was no B-29.
- Wayne Nordby said, "It didn,t fit any category that
I could make. And I was a trained observer."
- Although he hasn,t seen a UFO since world war two, that
one time was enough to make him a believer.
- Wayne Nordby, "I,ll tell you it will leave you with
some impressions that the world is not quite what it seems."
- UFO classes were scheduled last year at both the University
of Montana Experimental College and the Willard adult education, but both
were cancelled for lack of interest.
- SIGHTINGS HOMEPAGE
Site Served by TheHostPros