- There's absolutely no doubt gun control laws lead to
genocide, says Aaron Zelman.
- Zelman, Executive Director of the Jews for the Preservation
of Firearms Ownership (JPFO), believes that the case against gun control
is self-evident. He cites historical statistics to prove his point.
- In the 20th Century, there have been at least seven major
genocides, he reveals. At least 56 million persons, including millions
of children, have been murdered by officials of what he calls "governments
gone bad." The body count includes: 1. Ottoman Turkey (1915-1917)
- 1.5 million Armenians murdered 2. Soviet Union (1929-1953) - 20 million
people who opposed Stalin murdered 3. Nazi-occupied Europe (1933-1945)
- 13 million people, including Jews, Gypsies and others who opposed Hitler,
murdered 4. China (1948-1952) - 20 million anti-communists, not including
Tibetans, murdered 5. Guatemala (1960-1981) - 100,000 Mayan Indians murdered
6. Uganda (1971-1979) - 300,000 Christians and rivals of Idi Amin murdered
7. Cambodia (1975-1979) - 1 million persons murdered
- In every case, before the wholesale slaughter began,
at least one "gun control" law was on the book, says Zelman.
In recent cases of US armed intervention, in which citizens were murdered
in their own countries, Haiti had a "gun control" law (December
22, 1922, amended October 1, 1980) and so did Bosnia, when it was part
of the former Yugoslavia (September 17, 1964).
- The cynical arms embargo against the Bosnian Muslims,
by the way, prevented people from defending themselves against Bosnian
Serb so-called "ethnic cleansing."
- Nazi Parallels With American Gun Control Laws
- In a fascinating book called Gun Control: Gateway To
Tyranny, authors Jay Simkin and Aaron Zelman show that the Nazi Weapons
Law (March 18, 1938) is the source of the US Gun Control Act of 1968.
- In the book, the official German text of the Nazi law
is presented side-by-side with its American counterpart. A section-by-section
comparison with the American Gun Control Act of 1968 shows the undeniable
lineage. Thus America's draconian gun control laws remain one of Hitler's
- According to the authors, the Nazi Weapons Law of 1938
replaced a Law on Firearms and Ammunition (April 13, 1928). The 1928 law
was enacted by the German Government to curb so-called "gang activity,"
violent street battles between Nazi and Communist thugs.
- Sound familiar? In America, "gang activity"
has also been used as a pretext by strident anti-gunners.
- "Gun control did not save democracy in Germany,"
says Zelman. "It helped to make sure that the toughest criminals,
the Nazis, prevailed. Then, when the Nazis inherited the lists of firearms
and their owners in March, 1933, they used these registration lists to
seize privately-held firearms from persons who were 'unreliable.'
- "In 1938, five years after taking power, the Nazis
enhanced the 1928 law with the Nazi Weapons Law which introduced handgun
control. Firearms ownership was restricted to Nazi party members and other
reliables, while Jews were barred altogether." Conclusion? A disarmed
population can be slaughtered much more efficiently.
- NRA Maintains Status Quo
- Controlled opposition groups like the National Rifle
Association (NRA) have done little to stop the march of totalitarian-style
- "We [JPFO] are very different from the NRA. We believe
that gun control should be destroyed," says Zelman in a recent taped
interview. "We view gun control as a cancer, a cancer that will destroy
the guardian of the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights.
- "The National Rifle Association pooh-poohs the idea
of destroying gun control. They look for ways to compromise and work within
the system. In doing so, they keep gun control alive.
- "The Gun Owners of America differs from JPFO in
that they do a wonderful job of aggressively lobbying politicians, and
they use a lot of our material. So we heartily endorse the GOA."
- Those Rebellious Canadians
- Even the traditionally milquetoast Canadians have recently
looked back in anger at gun control laws. On December 1, 1998, a law went
into effect requiring three million gun owners to register their estimated
seven million rifles and handguns.
- Gun owners, exempt from previous registration, refused
and have even taken to the streets in protest. "Canadians should get
upset," contends Zelman, "because of 'home invasions' where brazen
armed criminals barge right in during daylight. The suspected victims are
unarmed, so they [armed robbers] can just march right in there. I don't
know how far the Canadian people are going to go with their disgust, but
fortunately there is a growing number of people who are voicing their opposition."
- Gun control laws did nothing to prevent a 14-year-old
student from opening fire and killing a 17-year-old classmate in an Alberta
high school, or a former Ottawa transit worker who went postal killing
four, then shooting himself to death.
- The Canadian constitution, by the way, does not include
the right to bear arms.
- Handgun Control's Spooky History
- Rumors persist that the anti-gun lobby, Handgun Control
Inc., headed by Sarah Brady, is a CIA front. "I don't think it's a
CIA front," says Zelman. "The facts are that Edwin Wells, who
worked with the CIA until he retired, actually helped fund Gun Control
Inc. He helped Pete Shields get Handgun Control Inc. off the ground and
running. "It's interesting that Pete Shields started Handgun Control
Inc. when one of his sons was murdered in what was known as the 'Zebra
Slayings' in San Francisco. Conveniently enough, when Mr. Wells held dinners
in his Georgetown home and invited people in to raise money, he learned
about Pete Shields' pet project.
- "Bill Casey, former director of the CIA, was also
a promoter of Handgun Control. These people always talked about how they
found out how dangerous handguns were in the hands of civilians. Civilians
could kill those who were coming to kill them. And they didn't like that.
- "The whole anti-gun movement, the whole anti-freedom
movement has very murky beginnings," suggests Zelman. "But it
shouldn't surprise anybody. During World War II, before the CIA was organized,
the OSS [CIA's predecessor] brought in all of the Nazis. This has been
documented in a number of books, like [Christopher Simpson's] Blowback."
- Other books which deal extensively with the subject from
a scholarly perspective include the Belarus Secret by John Loftus (1989)
and the Paperclip Conspiracy: The Hunt for Nazi Scientists by Tom Bower
- "A lot of these people moved into the CIA, so why
shouldn't we have Nazi gun control laws in America?" Zelman asks rhetorically.
- Agenda Of The Tyrant Wannabes
- So was the Columbine massacre a gun-control-agenda-forwarding
event? "The timing of this was most curious," says Zelman. "If
you look at Charlie Schumer and what he's doing, it's as if they were waiting.
They were totally prepared. I think they had the legislation waiting for
an incident, and they were prepared to bring it out as soon as the incident
happened. And that's what they did. The timing was perfect. And they furthered
their agenda. I think what's curious [is] how we see so frequently that
these individuals who commit these heinous crimes so conveniently commit
suicide. Or they're conveniently killed by somebody to make it look like
it's suicide." It's almost like watching a non-stop replay of the
Lone Nut Theory - year after year, decade after decade.
- Instead of examining the role of illicit mind control
experiments and powerful psychoactive drugs like Ritalin and Prozac, the
Big Media Cartel promotes the unilateral disarmament of law-abiding American
- Never Again? Don't Hold Your Breath
- Aaron Zelman has a lot of work ahead - especially in
the current media environment.
- "We published a booklet called 'Gun Control Is Racist,'"
says Zelman, "It explains to people the history of why we even have
gun control in America. It all started two hundred years ago with racism."
- "The racist gun control laws were designed to make
sure that a black person would have to have a permit to have a firearm,
would have to pay a tax, would have to be registered and licensed. And
that's the same kind of gun control laws they want to implement for everyone.
- "JPFO is unique among pro-firearm ownership organizations.
After all, no one can label JPFO as 'anti-Semitic.' As a result, JPFO confronts
Jewish politicians and organizations who urge disarmament of law-abiding
Americans. And JPFO also exposes non-Jewish gun prohibitionists like Sarah
Brady whose falsehoods erode the Constitution's protections that are most
vital to Jews and other minorities."
- JPFO's best selling posters and T-shirts make the point
very clear. There's a picture of Hitler with a Cheshire cat grin. His right
hand is extended in the sieg heil salute. The caption says, "All those
in favor of gun control, raise your right hand."
- (Copyright 1999 Uri Dowbenko.) email@example.com