- SANTA CLARA, CA
- The International Space Sciences Organization (ISSO), a newly formed
advanced science research and education institute, announced today the
appointment of Creon Levit as Director of Research for ISSO Science.
- "With a professional background touching computational
science, nanotechnology, and physics, Creon is a perfect interdisciplinary
leader for the direction of our various research projects," said Joe
Firmage, Chairman of ISSO.
- Levit has been an employee of NASA since 1982. He started
in computer systems engineering and developed computer graphics software
for the visualization of computational aerodynamic flows. Then he moved
into the field of computational fluid dynamics (CFD), and developed three
dimensional aerodynamic flow simulation programs for parallel computers
such as the Connection Machine. He later worked in computational gravitational
astrophysics, studying problems like the gravitational evolution of the
solar system and the rings of Saturn.
- He was a founder of the NASA Ames Research Center molecular
nanotechnology group, and was a recipient of the 1997 Richard P. Feynman
award for molecular nanotechnology. In the nanotechnology group, he worked
on molecular dynamics simulations and on the development immersive virtual
reality force-feedback systems for nanoscale engineering.
- For the last few years, while working on the quantum
chemistry of molecular systems he continued to apply geometrical, topological,
and computer graphics techniques to the analysis of aerodynamic flowfields.
He used these techniques to design nanoelectronic circuitry and to understand
chemical reactivity, molecular quantum mechanics and electromagnetic fields.
- ABOUT ISSO The International Space Sciences Organization
(www.ISSO.org) is a cutting-edge research institute dedicated to advancing
human knowledge of the science of being. ISSO Science organizes and funds
theoretical and experimental research into advanced propulsion, energy
generation, and consciousness studies.
- ISSO is headquartered in the Bay Area of California,
and can be reached at (408)395-4378. Correspondence should be sent to ISSO,
1556 Halford Avenue, PMB 110, Santa Clara, CA 95051.
- PRESS CONTACT Melinda Mattei 650-558-0890 firstname.lastname@example.org