- Letters - How can we blame it all on
- For the life of me, I can't understand
what could have gone wrong in Littleton, Colo. If only the parents had
kept their children away from the guns, we wouldn't have had such a tragedy.
Yeah, it must have been the guns..... 1. It couldn't have been because
of half our children being raised in broken homes.
- 2. It couldn't have been because our
children get to spend an average of 30 seconds in meaningful conversation
with their parents each day. After all, we give our children quality
- 3. It couldn't have been because we
treat our children as pets and our pets as children.
- 4. It couldn't have been because we
place our children in day care centers where they learn their socialization
skills among their peers under the law of the jungle while employees who
have no vested interest in the children look on and make sure that no
blood is spilled.
- 5. It couldn't have been because we
allow our children to watch, on average, seven hours of television a day
filled with the glorification of sex and violence that isn't fit for adult
- 6. It couldn't have been because we
allow our children to enter into virtual worlds in which, to win the game,
one must kill as many opponents as possible in the most sadistic way possible.
- 7. It couldn't have been because we
have sterilized and contracepted our families down to sizes so small that
the children we do have are so spoiled with material things that they
come to equate the receiving of the material with love.
- 8. It couldn't have been because our
children, who historically have been seen as a blessing from God, are
now being viewed as either a mistake created when contraception fails
or inconveniences that parents try to raise in their spare time.
- 9. It couldn't have been because our
nation is the world leader in developing a "culture of death"
in which 20 million to 30 million babies have been killed by abortion.
- 10. It couldn't have been because we
give two-year prison sentences to teen-agers who kill their newborns.
- 11. It couldn't have been because our
school systems teach the children that they are nothing but glorified
apes who have evolutionized out of some primordial soup of mud by teaching
evolution as fact and by handing out condoms as if they were candy.
- 12. It couldn't have been because we
teach our children that there are no laws of morality that transcend us,
that everything is relative and that actions don't have consequences.
What the heck, the president gets away with it!
- Nah, it must have been the guns.