Over 500,000 possible theories!
Submitted by Skye Turell
Simply select one choice from each group to assemble the definitive theory as to what destroyed TWA Flight 800, killing over two hundred people. Don't worry about the casualties! Just make up your theory and post away!
Flight 800 was brought down by
a) a guided missile.
(If you believe any other outcome is possible, you have no business playing this game)
The missile was launched from
a) a US Navy warship
b) a US Navy submarine
c) a US Navy aircraft
d) a US Air Force stealth fighter
e) a civilian contractor's test barge
and it was aimed at
|a) nothing
b) a target drone
c) Flight 800
a) it was a test of Co-operative Engagement Capability in a high-traffic environment
b) the contractor or the Navy wanted to secure funding for further missile development
c) it was an accident
d) the captain of the (insert answer from [1]) was in a bad mood
The missile test was scheduled off Long Island because
a) there were lots of false targets to test the system
b) it's such a stupid place for a missile trial nobody would ever expect it
c) nobody in the entire US Navy hierarchy expected a missile to not go where it was intended to
d) because the Navy felt like killing some civilians today
e) if the missile failed to hit its target it would come down on land somewhere
The missile was a
a) RIM-67 Standard SAM with an inert warhead
|b) RIM-67 Standard SAM with a live warhead
c) a top-secret sub-launched SAM
d) a Sidewinder
e) a RIM-92 Stinger
f) a LEAP anti-ballistic interceptor
g) Something Else (please specify)
and it was using
a) semi-active radar guidance (please state illuminating platform)
b) active radar guidance
c) infrared guidance
d) laser guidance
e) Some Other System (please specify)
It was seen by
a) one eyewitness
b) two to ten eyewitnesses
c) eleven to fifty eyewitnesses
d) fifty-one or more eyewitnesses
who are unanimous that they saw
a) a point of ligbt
b) a streak of light
c) a smoke trail
which was moving
a) vertically upwards
b) vertically downwards
c) from left to right
d) from right to left
Congratulations! Your theory is complete! You and you alone now know the secrets behind this tragedy!


F O U N D A T T W A C R A S H S I T E ?
(c) 07/28/97 Ian Williams Goddard
The Southampton Press [1] reports that on May 13th, Long Island resident Dede Muma accidently received a fax from Teledyne Ryan Aeronautical [2] that was intended for the FBI's office in Calverton, Long Island. The fax indicates that parts of a U.S. Navy missile target drone, a BQM-34 Firebee I [3], may have been found in the wreckage of TWA 800.
The reason that Muma accidently received the fax, which she passed on to the Southampton Press, was probably because her fax number is 369-4310, while the FBI's number is 369-4301. About the fax, the Southampton Press states:
Official documents faxed mistakenly to a Riverhead that the Federal Bureau of Investigation...was investigating whether pieces of debris found among the wreckage of TWA Fight 800 were the remnants of an aerial target drone used by the U.S. Navy...
The fax shows a diagram of what appears to be a missile, along with a breakdown of its tail section and a parts list...
The object shown in the fax was identified this week by Jane's Information Services in Alexandria, Virginia as a Teledyne Ryan BQM-34 Firebee I, an air or surface- launched recoverable aerial target.
The targets are used all over the world, including within the military warning areas that come as close as about 10 nautical miles off Moriches Inlet in the Atlantic Ocean. The Navy practices shoot- ing down drones within the warning areas.
Ms. Muma said she called the FBI when she received the [Firebee] fax... Ms. Muma was told to send it along to them, [the FBI] and destroy the original. She said she asked what would happen if she didn't do so, and was told we'll have to investigate you.
The source of the fax, Teledyne Ryan Aeronautical of San Diego, CA, manufactures Firebee drones for the Navy. The Firebee fax Muma received was sent from Erich Hittinger of Teledyne to FBI agent Ken Maxwell, who was to pass it on to a Teledyne Ryan representative at the FBI's Long Island office, Walt Hamilton.
Hittinger of Teledyne Ryan told the Southampton Press that the FBI contacted them to ask if orange pieces of debris found at the TWA 800 crash site were from one of their Firebee drones, which are also orange [3]. Hamilton was then flown from San Diego to the FBI's Long Island facility to examine the suspected Firebee debris. According to Hittinger, Hamilton concluded that the orange metal wasn't from our Firebee, which suggests that it was from someone's Firebee, but not ours.
Question: If your business depended upon government contracts, would you be inclined to prove that the government, your employer, killed people? It could prove to be a fatal business decision.
In early May 1997, while the FBI had pieces of debris that they suspected came from a U.S. Navy missile-drone, what was the FBI telling us? FBI Director Louis Freeh was telling us it looks like the crash was a catastrophic mechanical failure. [4] FBI agent James Kallstrom was saying: We see no evidence of a piece of shrapnel from a missile or a warhead going through the plane. [5]
On May 12th Newsday [6] reported that with no evidence of a missile or foul play, the FBI was planning to end its investigation by early August. Clearly, as we have already seen with the cover- up of the explosives residue [7], there is no correlation between the FBI's public-relations front and the true story behind the scenes.
Rather than telling the truth that they suspected a Navy missile-drone was involved, the FBI was pushing mechanical failure while simultaneously intimidating Dede Muma with threats of an invest- igation against her for refusing to destroy her errantly acquired evidence of U.S. Navy culp- ability in the downing of TWA Flight 800.
The skies off the Long Island shore on July 17, 1996 were filled with aircraft. Not only were several Air National Guard aircraft in the air, and not only was a high-speed vehicle heading toward TWA 800 as reported by eyewitnesses, radar, and a satellite, but a U.S. Navy P-3 Orion was flying almost directly above TWA 800 when the accident occurred.
Furthermore, several mysterious small aircraft fitting the profile of target drones were also seen in the area. Not only did Linda Kabot photo- graph what seems to be a drone missile [8], but the Long Island newspaper The Independent [9] reported that witnesses saw a smaller plane flying near TWA 800 at crash time. Indeed, a Firebee drone looks like a smaller plane.[3]
Even more, as I watched CNN on the night of the crash, a pilot was interviewed who said he saw what looked like a stunt plane crash into TWA 800. A Firebee looks like a stunt plane, and alas, it seems that they may have found parts of this stunt plane in TWA 800.
Yet more, the Boston Globe [10] reported that in addition to seeing a brilliant flare-like glow that streaked toward the plane, witnesses also saw a low-flying aircraft without lights cruising off shore. Could that aircraft without lights have been one of the aerial target drones, perhaps Firebees, launched from Wallops Island on July 17th? [11] Drones can fly for hundreds of miles.
That there was such heavy military air-traffic on July 17 should not be a big surprise because there was a massive offshore military war-game called Global Yankee '96 [12] underway at the time. Virtually all the military assets in the air around TWA 800 that evening, including the Air National Guard aircraft, where scheduled to be involved in Global Yankee '96. [13].
With such heavy military air-traffic and wargames in the area around TWA 800, which was on the Betty track (a safe route around active naval exercise zones), is it a surprise that over 150 witnesses saw TWA 800 being hit by a missile-like projectile? Is it a surprise that parts of a Navy missile-drone may have been found among the debris of TWA 800? I would dare to say that it is not a surprise.

Email Homepage