- What if the U.S. opened its borders to unlimited immigration?
What would it mean to inject 10 to 20 or 30 million people into America
annually in order to save those millions from starvation and misery around
the planet? Since they flood into our country for a better life, what
would it mean in the long run? How would our cities, states, environment,
language and culture survive?
- What if we imported the 800,000 Somalians now starving
to death in August 2011? We seem to think we can save all the poor of
all the world, so why not start with Africa's famine victims?
- How many equal too many and how much more can we tolerate
without a total collapse of our environment, economy, medical systems,
schools, infrastructure and civilization? Today, we absorb more immigrants
annually than all other nations combined. How many each year? A steady
stream of 1.0 to 1.2 million legally and 800,000 illegal migrants make
America their home annually. Combined with their 900,000 births, we inject
3.1 million immigrants into America every 365 days. (Source: www.cis.org ,
Dr. Steven Camarata)
- They arrive from overloaded nations that grow by 80 million
per year. They arrive as economic refugees, political victims, war and
- They arrive from a line that grows more desperate every
year as humanity races toward an added three billion more people in the
next 40 years.
- Since humans suffer in such horrific numbers, what if
America opened up its floodgates and allows countless millions of immigrants?
- First of all, California, at one point, housed a mere
five million. Today, that state features 38 million on its way to 58
million. At one point, citizens did not suffer gridlocked traffic,
water shortages or air pollution. The same goes for all cities of
the United States.
- But, at some point, beginning in 1965, with Teddy Kennedy's
Immigration Reform Act, population growth raced out of control across this
great land. At this moment, 150 million Americans living in overcrowded
cities feel the pinch, the unease of their predicament and the symptoms
of their dilemma. They'll feel it more when gas hits $9.00 a gallon as
- Since we invite 1.2 million immigrants annually and another
800,000 illegal migrants into this country annually-what's the big deal
about allowing five or 10 million annually?
- If you study international demographics, you know that
77--82 million people add themselves, net gain to the planet, every year.
(Source:www.populationmedia.org and www.worldpopulationbalance.org and www.balance.org )
- To put things into perspective, one-third of them cannot
find a clean glass of drinking water daily. Out of that 77--82 million,
18 million starve to death or die of starvation related diseases annually.
(Source: World Health Organization) At least two billion humans live
on less than $3.00 a day for food.
- Thus, if we opened our borders to save humanity from
its horrible fate, an immediate 18 million starving souls could find food
and shelter in the USA annually. However, after a mere five years, that
equals 90 million added to our country. In 10 years, that equals 180 million
people and in 20 yearswell, you get the picture. If you think California,
Arizona, Colorado and Georgia suffer water shortages, air pollution and
gridlock today, you ain't seen nothin' yet!
- William N. Ryerson, director of www.populationmedia.org,
said, "I have read with interest the various perspectives presented
in the debate on U.S. immigration policy. I pose the following question
to anyone who thinks "border control" efforts will not accomplish
anything: If the U.S. had no border control what would happen to the number
of good people entering this country from the far corners of the world?
- "There is no doubt that if there were absolutely
no barriers or restrictions at our borders, this great nation would be
flooded -- overwhelmed -- inundated -- by MILLIONS of well-meaning, hard-working,
honest "tired and poor" people within a matter of months.
- "It's hard to know the number who would move to
the U.S. if our borders were opened, but surveys in many countries show
significant numbers who would like to live in the U.S. If the borders were
opened, perhaps 3 billion people would find their way here in a short period
of time - ten times the current population of the U.S. The infrastructure
would collapse, our water supply (and food supply) would be exhausted,
people would be sleeping in the streets, energy would be at a premium,
in short, chaos would be the new norm.
- "At current rates of growth, in just 15 years the
U.S. population will grow by the equivalent of a new Los Angeles, plus
New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore, San Francisco, Indianapolis,
San Jose, Memphis, Washington, Jacksonville, Milwaukee, Boston, Columbus,
New Orleans, Cleveland, Denver, Seattle, and El Paso. All of these to be
added in just 15 years! We have heard a lot about the cost of rebuilding
New Orleans. The cost of developing all the new infrastructure that will
be required in the next 15 years will be huge - and perhaps not achievable.
If we opened our borders, the reality would be much worse."
- Therefore, as you sit idly by watching Obama and Congress
dodge the immigration issue, I have a question for you: if YOU enjoyed
the power of the U.S. presidency or controlled the U.S. Senate and House
of Representatives, what would you do? Open our borders to unlimited immigration-knowing
your children could not survive in the long term? Or, would you be smarter,
more logical and take actions in order to build a sustainable, long term,
- Within 25 years, we expect 100 million added to this
country at our current level of legal and illegal immigration. Do you
want that result for your children? What will they tell you in 30 years
if that 100 million comes to pass? What will you do about it now?
- The late Garrett Hardin said, "In a less than a
perfect world, the allocation of rights based on territory must be defended
if a ruinous breeding race is to be avoided. It is unlikely that civilization
and dignity can survive everywhere. Fortunate minorities (of rational thinking
citizens) act as the trustees of a civilization that is threatened by uninformed
- In a five minute astoundingly simple yet brilliant video,
"Immigration, Poverty, and Gum Balls", Roy Beck, director ofwww.numbersusa.ORG,
graphically illustrates the impact of overpopulation. Take five minutes
to see for yourself:
- "Immigration by the numbers-off the chart" by
- This 10 minute demonstration shows Americans the results
of unending mass immigration on the quality of life and sustainability
for future generations: in a word "Mind boggling!" www.NumbersUSA.org
- This is the best website to start: www.numbersusa.org ;
watch Roy Beck's "Immigration by the Numbers" at 14 minutes.
Bi-partisan and very effective. Become a faxer of pre-written letters to
your reps to make positive change.
- Visit www.TheSocialContract.com for the best
information on what we face as a civilization as to overpopulation, energy,
immigration and much more.
- Canada www.immigrationwatchcanada.org ; in
Australia www.population.org.au andPublicPopForum@yahoogroups.com;
in Great Britain www.populationmatters.org ; and dozens of other
sites accessed at www.frostywooldridge.com. In Florida,www.flimen.org .
- Must see DVD: "Blind Spot" www.snagfilms.com/films/title/blind_spot/ ,
This movie illustrates America's future without oil, water and other resources
to keep this civilization functioning. It's a brilliant educational movie!www.blindspotdoc.com
- Must see: Rapid Population Decline, seven minute video
by Dr. Jack Alpert-
- Must see and funny: www.growthbusters.org ; www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXSTrW_dARc
- Dave Gardner's Polar Bear in Bedroom:
- growthbusters.org/2010/03/save-the-polar-bear-in-your-bedroom ;
Dave Gardner, President, Citizen-Powered Media ; Producing the Documentary, GROWTH
BUSTERS; presents Hooked on Growth: Our Misguided Quest for Prosperity, Join
the cause at www<http://www.growthbusters.com/>.growthbusters.org
;760 Wycliffe Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80906 USA; +1 719-576-5565
- Check out this link with Wooldridge on bicycle and Lester
Brown and panel discussion:
- Tomorrow's Americaproject on www.youtube.com/contemporarylearning.
- Producer: GEORGE A. COLBURNwww.tomorrowsamerica.com
- DC: 202-258-4887
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to www.tomorrowsamerica.com for more discussions
on America's predicament.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Frosty Wooldridge has bicycled across six continents
- from the Arctic to the South Pole - as well as six times across the USA,
coast to coast and border to border. In 2005, he bicycled from the Arctic
Circle, Norway to Athens, Greece. He presents "The Coming Population
Crisis in America: and what you can do about it" to civic clubs, church
groups, high schools and colleges. He works to bring about sensible world
population balance at www.frostywooldridge.com He is the author
of: America on the Brink: The Next Added 100 Million Americans. Copies
available: 1 888 280 7715