- The memorable line from Gilbert & Sullivan's HMS
Pinafore explains what's so often true, saying:
- "Things are seldom as they seem. Skim milk masquerades
- With considerable mass media help, especially America's,
misinformation diverts public attention from vital truths, playing their
usual gatekeeper role, providing fiction and irrelevancies, not fact.
- For example, initial reports cited Islamic militants,
naming Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami (aka Helpers of the Global Jihad), though
no one knows if the group actually exists.
- On July 22, New York Times writers Elisa Mala and J.
David Goodman headlined, "At Least 80 Dead in Norway Shooting,"
claiming with no corroborating evidence:
- "There was ample reason for concern that (Islamic)
terrorists might be responsible. In 2004 and again in 2008, the No. 2 leader
of Al Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahri, who took over after the death of Osama bin
Laden, threatened Norway because of its support of the American-led NATO
military operation in Afghanistan."
- In fact, no verifiable evidence confirms it. The claim
is based on an alleged April 2003 Al Qaeda tape, urging Muslims to strike
US, UK, Australian and Norwegian embassies and commercial interests because
of their Afghanistan and/or Iraq involvement.
- However, past audio and video tapes were later proved
fakes. Perhaps this one also. Nonetheless, America's media, including the
New York Times, report them as fact, lying for the interests they represent.
- The Times also avoided due diligence on why Norway was
attacked, instead expressing surprise about an "assault on the ordinarily
peaceful Scandinavian country."
- Norway, of course, is a NATO member. It has token forces
in Afghanistan, and agreed to be an anti-Gaddafi coalition partner for
three months, saying in May it would scale down involvement and pull out
entirely by August 1.
- As a result, the State Department criticized its government's
"lack of commitment," concerned it would influence other NATO
states to drop out. On June 10, in fact, the Netherlands announced it would
continue enforcing Libya's no-fly zone, but no longer engage in air strikes.
- Since July 22, Western media, especially America's, highlighted
the lone bomber/gunman story, focusing on right-wing Christian fundamentalist
Anders Breivik, claiming he alone managed to do the near impossible - plan
and engineer a sophisticated, possible multiple car bomb attack, then head
off undetected to Utoeya Island, 19 miles away and singlehandedly kill
- On July 25, Norway's police revised the death toll down
to 68, plus another eight bombing victims.
- Breivik's alleged motive reflected his neocon right-wing
sympathies, anti-Islamization views, and hostility to multiculturalism.
Regardless of how many Breivik types agree, they don't bomb government
buildings or mass murder children. On July 22, something entirely different
happened. Two previous articles discussed it, accessed through the following
- The first one asked who gains and loses from every terror
incident, certainly not suspects charged, convicted and imprisoned. Geopolitical
interests always are key.
- The second article suggested an Israeli connection because
of Norway's Palestinian sympathies, including its support for independence
and de jure UN membership, as well as criticism of Israeli settlements
- Notably, Eileen Fleming observed that Friday's attack
occurred on the 65th King David Hotel (1946) bombing anniversary, carried
out by (pre-Israeli) Irgun terrorists led by future prime minister Menachem
- It massacred 92 Brits, Arabs and Jews, wounded 52 others,
and Israel's first prime minister, David Ben-Gurion (then Jewish Agency
head) approved it.
- Preceding the incident to the present, Israel carried
out numerous terror attacks, and committed or attempted many thousands
of targeted killings. Perhaps Oslo on July 22 was its latest, alone or
jointly with its CIA and/or other Western intelligence counterparts.
- Analyst Bob Chapman, a frequent Progressive Radio News
Hour guest, believes Friday's attack was a false flag, citing two reasons:
- -- pulling out of NATO's Libya coalition entirely by
August 1; and
- -- withholding its $42 million contribution to Greece's
bailout, calling it a waste of money, sensibly saying the Papandreou government
- As a result, Chapman said affected banks "are very
unhappy with Norway, and I think that (and pulling out of Libya) was the
basis for the attack," adding:
- Breivik "at the island was probably there to kill
(Labour Party) prime minister (Jens Stoltenberg) who (wasn't at Utoeya
island) for some reason. The message to Norway is do what we tell you to
do or we'll put a bomb in the middle of your city (as) payback from the
- On July 25, another article headlined, "Anders Behring
Breivik: Manufacturing a Patsy?" noting two different Facebook profiles
(before and after July 22) describing him, saying:
- "The first one in Norwegian was deleted minutes
after (his) identity became public." A doctored English version replaced
it, changing his profile to fit the crime.
- His stated "interest in Winston Churchill and (anti-Nazi
resistance) leader Max Manus" was deleted. In addition, his Internet
postings "characterize himself not as a populist Christian conservative,
but as a neo-con" pro-Israeli supporter.
- Moreover, the Council of Conservative Citizens said none
of his postings "are extreme or hint at a desire to commit violence."
He did say he supported "Hans Rustad, a former Jewish left-winger
- The doctored Facebook profile turned a "socially
liberal, pro-Israeli neo-con (into) a Christian conservative, white supremacist."
Friends also contradict the new Breivik characterization, Ulav Andersson
telling Russia Today, it's not at all the man he knows, saying his racial
antipathies were expressed in "mundane" mild terms, adding:
- He wasn't opinionated, and "never came across as
some kind of religious fanatic or anything." In fact, he had no defined
- As the old US "To Tell the Truth" TV show used
to ask: "Will the real Anders Breivik please stand up?" In fact,
he did, but the tape showing it was deleted, replaced by a doctored one,
conforming to how Western powers wish to portray him. Perhaps his manifesto
was then altered.
- Webster Tarpley also claimed a false flag in his July
24 article, accessed through the following link:
- He cites the following:
- On Friday, a "special (anti-terrorist) police unit
had conducted drills or exercises near" Oslo's opera house downtown
when the bombing occurred. Advance information about it was concealed.
- In 2010, the same unit carried out live bomb detonation
drills, similar to what happened on July 22. Notably, similar coincidental
or earlier practice exercises often precede or coincide with real attacks,
raising obvious false flag suspicions.
- US intelligence agencies recruited Norwegian police,
(including Oslo's former anti-terror head) for SIMAS Surveillance Detection
Units (SDU), "operating outside of" Norwegian government control.
- In fact, run out of US embassies, SIMAS surveillance
and spying occurs worldwide. According to Norway's Justice Minister Knut
Storberget and Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Store, "We never knew about
it." Secretary of State Clinton lied, saying they were told.
- Washington wants to derail Palestinian independence and
de jure UN membership, complicit with Israel, perhaps by any means, including
intimidation and mass murder.
- Also as payback for Norway's planned ending its anti-Gaddafi
coalition participation, a warning perhaps not to do it.
- Notably, several eyewitnesses saw two shooters. As in
similar past cases, "there is credible to overwhelming evidence that
(alleged suspects) could not have acted alone."
- The Norwegian newpaper Verdens Gang (VG) said:
- "Several of the youths who were at (Utoeya) told
VG that they are convinced that there must have been more than one perpetrator.
Marius Helander Roset believes the same thing," saying:
- "I am sure that there was shooting from two different
places on the island at the same time."
- "Young people interviewed by VG describe an additional
perpetrator - who was not wearing a police uniform. (He) had thick dark
hair and a Nordic appearance. He had a pistol in his right hand and a rifle
on his back. I believe that there were two people who were shooting, says
- On July 23, Oslo police said several shooters could have
been involved. An investigation into both incidents is ongoing.
- On July 25, The Views and News from Norway web site (newsinenglish.no)
reported that "(s)urvivors of the massacre (said) the shooting went
on for nearly two hours," police taking 90 minutes to arrive.
- On July 25, the Pakistan News Service (Pak Tribune) headlined,
"Analyzing the Oslo attacks: terrorist event or false flag distraction?"
- The timing may not be coincidental, occurring "(a)s
the sociopolitical tensions in Europe rise, the euro falls, and the debt
crisis looms. (It's) another reminder of the ever-present al Qaeda (or
in this case neocon Christian fundamentalist) bogeymen (able) to unite
the people against an outside enemy."
- The Friday attack also occurred after Israeli spies were
found operating covertly in New Zealand, stealing identities for "sensitive"
missions "like assassinations." In fact, Mossad operates throughout
the Middle East, as well as in much of Europe, the Americas, Africa, and
Asia, spying and engaging in other covert activities.
- Pak Tribune speculated whether foreign intelligence was
involved in Friday's attack "to draw attention away from the Israeli
operations abroad, the looming financial crisis, the (planned and imposed)
austerity measures, massive swindling of public funds, and the crumbling
support for" America's multiple imperial wars.
- Whatever final conclusions are drawn, Friday's attacks
provide "an apt distraction and talking point for those seeking to
continue the farcical war on terror."
- A Final Comment
- A previous article discussed Operation GLADIO (Latin
for double-edged sword), NATO's Secret Armies, accessed through the following
- Run by European secret services, collaborating with NATO,
the CIA, as well as Britain's MI6 and Secret Intelligence Service (SIS),
it targeted the political left to prevent it from gaining power. Its clandestine
missions included bombings, assassinations, and other belligerent acts,
believed still ongoing.
- Targeting Oslo on Friday resembled GLADIO, this time
perhaps a CIA, Mossad, MI6 or joint operation, using Breivik for plausible
deniability as a previous article noted.
- It wasn't the first time stooges took a fall for others.
Notable previous ones included Lee Harvey Oswald, Sirhan Sirhan, James
Earl Ray, the alleged 9/11 perpetrators, and numerous other falsely charged
victims - never the treacherous Machiavellian villains.
- Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago and can be reached at
- Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com and
listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive
Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network Thursdays at 10AM US Central
time and Saturdays and Sundays at noon. All programs are archived for easy