- Who knew! And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar
- Tree for $1.00 - even the large ones. Here are some
uses...maybe you can add to the list!
- 1. Cover bowls or
- dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters
make excellent covers.
- 2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome... Coffee filters
are lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.
- 3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with
a coffee filter between each dish.
- 4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork
when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
- 5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter
in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
- 6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
- 7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through
a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
- 8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in
a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
- 9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers
for messy foods.
- 10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line
a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through
the drainage holes.
- 11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two
holes as needed in a coffee filter.
- 12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows?
Use strips of coffee filters..
- 13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French
fries, chicken fingers, etc on them.. It soaks out all the grease.
- 14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great "razor
- 15. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear
backing for embroidering or
- appliqueing soft fabrics.
- 16. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert
into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
- 17. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs
in to put in soups and stews.
- 18 Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you
add fluids to your car.
- 19. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean
up small counter spills.
- 20. Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when
cutting a piece of fruit or veggies.. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
- 21. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
- 22. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of
- 23. Use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the coffee
filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a zip-lock plastic
bag until they sprout.
- 24. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed
flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee
filters in phone book..
- 25. Use as a disposable "snack bowl" for popcorn,
- OH YEAH...... THEY ARE GREAT TO USE IN YOUR COFFEE MAKERS,