- Hello Jeff,
- By now it's worldwide common knowledge that BP and DC
bungled and lied their way through the Gulf disaster. Everyone has seen
the horrible videos and photos of the virtual non-response to the crisis.
It is one thing to have a bad oil spill, quite another to kill off one
of the world's major bodies of water which will take decades or generations
to heal. The damage inland is another story entirely and is impacting all
forms of life.
- The US seems to love those essentially useless puny orange
booms used in vain to try to stop small or big disasters. Getting big orders
of those to address state or national disasters all depends on what lobbyist
they hire to get the emergency response contract.
- That is a pretty shallow way of responding to a disaster
or even doing business, but such is America in these times.
- There are four videos at this link of this incredible
system being deployed.
- The photo below shows the new Danish technology. The
company is called NoFloods and their 'dams' work. There is flooding on
the other side of that "boom". This is their website: www.nofloods.com
- Their US representative contacted everyone regarding
a response to the BP disaster (let us call it what it is, it is not an
oil spill) and no one was interested. One state refused a free demo to
protect an area of beach.
- This new 'dam' is much more durable than anything else
available and gets the job done...but for some reason neither the Feds
nor the affected states were or are interested. The company has no lobbyist
- We are working on a new type of nanoplastic that would
make these larger dykes virtually indestructible.
- Makes one wonder, did the refusal to deploy this breakthrough
product stem from the fact that it isn't made in the US?