- Concerned Citizens of Florida.com (CCF) believe efforts
must be made now "to address what may very well be the greatest environmental
catastrophe of North America in modern history....government (and media)
cannot be relied on" for truthful information. As a result, its site
is a platform for truth and accuracy on a disaster of such magnitude.
- On December 1, CCF published a special Dr. Tom Termotto
Gulf disaster report, titled "The Gulf of Mexico is Dying." He's
National Coordinator for the Tallahassee, FL-based Gulf Oil Spill Remediation
Conference (International Citizens' Initiative). Its disturbing findings
are discussed below. He published them so "the world community will
come together to further contemplate this dire and demanding predicament."
Future generations depend on it.
- Termotto's entire report can be accessed through the
- In an early July statement, he called the Gulf disaster
"a tragic violation of the public trust," adding:
- "The BP Gulf Oil Spill was created by man; it was
not an act of God....It was an utterly manmade event; not an accident....where
fate would have everything accidently go wrong that could go possibly so
wrong....We wonder out loud about whether it is now time to establish a
Regional Citizens' Initiative....to step in where government and industry
have completely failed and betrayed the people."
- His current assessment is based on seven months Gulf
Oil Spill Remediation Conference work, "disseminate(d) with the authority
and confidence of those who have thoroughly investigated a crime scene."
A compelling body of evidence, including photo-documentaries, portrays
the Gulf's true state - what BP, Washington, and major media reports suppressed.
- "BP('s) narrative is nothing but a corporate-created
illusion - a web of fabrication spun in collaboration with the US Federal
Government and (complicit) Mainstream Media. Big Oil, as well as the Military-Industrial
Complex, have aided and abetted this whole scheme and info blackout because
the very future of the Oil & Gas Industry is at stake, as is the future
of the US empire," dependent on vast amounts of energy, mainly oil.
- Most important is that planet earth may be at stake,
"slowly but surely filling up with (toxic) oil and gas."
- Visual evidence and diagrams captured "the true
state of the underlying geological formations around the various wells
drilled in the Macondo Prospect....there is no dispute (about) the most
serious geological changes (caused and continuing) in (Macondo's) region...."
- Besides nearly three months of gushing, expect worse
conditions ahead. "It's not a pretty picture" when explained
fully and accurately. Evidence shows "the geology around the well
bore has been blown. This occurred because of:"
- -- contiguous drilling "to a salt dome;" and
- -- destructive gas explosions, damaging "the integrity
of the well casing, cementing, well bore, well head, and foundation around
the well head."
- As a result, the entire well system was undermined, what
official reports never explained. Then, after capping, pressure forced
"upsurging hydrocarbons to find weaknesses throughout the greater
system." Doing so exposed an array of "compromised, fractured
and unsettled geology through which hydrocarbons could travel all the way
to the seafloor and into the GOM (Gulf of Mexico)."
- According to Geohazards Specialist BK Lim:
- "The rock beds in the vicinity of a salt dome (in
stratified rocks that often contain oil and gas) are highly fractured and
permeable due to stress and deformation which occur as the salt dome thrusted
- Faults are another problem. Depending on the amount of
structural damage, their number, location and severity "will become
prominently configured into the future stability of the whole region. Larger
faults can open up much greater opportunities for the hydrocarbons to (rise)
to the seafloor via cracks, crevices, craters and chasms."
- In fact, visual evidence reveals "numerous leaks
and seeps throughout the seafloor surface (suggesting) sub-seafloor geological
formations in great turmoil and undergoing unprecedented flux."
- Once oil penetrates shallow fault areas, an uncontrollable
situation exists, information again suppressed because revelation might
threaten the future of oil and gas exploration. Coverup protects it, no
matter the extreme geological and human hazards.
- Three Different Gulf Disasters
- (1) the 87-day Macondo gushing.
- (2) "Numerous leaks and seeps within five to ten
square miles (of Macondo) with an (unknown) aggregate" daily hydrocarbon
- (3) "Countless gushers and spills, leaks and seeps
throughout the Gulf of Mexico" because of many decades of drilling.
While the combined outflow is undetermined, it's likely to be significant,
ensuring the Gulf's "slow and steady demise...."
- The Gulf of Mexico is dying, but government and industry
officials don't report it. Moreover, what happens there affects adjacent
waters, including the Atlantic Ocean and beyond. All planetary waters are
interconnected and potentially at risk, meaning the entire global ecosystem
- Methane is another problem. It's very corrosive when
mixed with saltwater and mud. High pressure forces it to through seafloor
cracks and crevices, "thereby creating a predicament that no science,
technology or equipment can remedy."
- Macondo is only one project. Many others exist globally
"causing innumerable 'micro-displacements' " that cumulatively
create a hazardous macro-event. The most serious Gulf issue relates to
the amount and depth of drilling. "Of course, with greater depths
come much greater risks," as modern technology and equipment haven't
kept up with potential hazards.
- Gulf Seabed May Be in Seismic Danger Zone
- Decades of multiple seabed fracturing and fissuring created
a "conducive environment for HUGE unintended consequences." Unless
further exploration is halted, "coastal communities (and global waters)
will remain in a very precarious situation." Drilling elsewhere compounds
the problem. Planet Earth's future is at stake as well as humanity and
other animal and vegetable life.
- The following additional problems are explained:
- (1) "The wanton and indiscriminate use of (Corexit
dispersant) turned an extremely serious regional disaster into an unmitigated
global" one. Mixed with oil caused "fundamentally altered"
Gulf waters. "Many are concerned that a tipping point has already
arrived and that this sea change will irrevocably transform a way of life"
- (2) "The deeper the geological source of hydrocarbons,
the more radioactive isotopes" enter oil and gas. Big Oil keeps it
secret. "So secret in fact that, if this were to get out, this single
scientific fact would seal the fate of the entire industry." Moreover,
it confirms the (non-biological) abiotic and (non-biochemical) abiogenic
origin of oil and gas, facts counter to Peak Oil theory. Macondo is rumored
to have a "reservoir of abiotic oil the size of Mount Everest."
Tapping it safely, however, is another matter.
- A Final Comment
- On July 1, Concerned Citizens of Florida headlined, "They've
Literally Punched A Hole Into Hell: We Need A Crash Alternative Energy
Program Now, Assuming We Even Survive," saying:
- No "verbal hyperbole" can explain "the
magnitude of (Macondo's) environmental catastrophe. It is nothing short
of an Armageddon of Oil." Fossil fuels and nuclear power are killing
the planet. Unless crash alternatives are undertaken and accelerated, deciding
later may not matter. Macondo was a defining moment. Something now must
be done "to save our country and world." Tomorrow is too late.
- Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago and can be reached at
email@example.com. Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com
and listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the
Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network Thursdays
at 10AM US Central time and Saturdays and Sundays at noon. All programs
are archived for easy listening.