- Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common
Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure
how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic
- He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable
- - Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
- - Why the early bird gets the worm;
- - Life isn't always fair; and
- - Maybe it was my fault..
- Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies
(don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not
children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly
when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports
of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate;
teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher
fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.
- Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers
for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining
their unruly children.
- It declined even further when schools were required to
get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student;
but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted
to have an abortion.
- Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches
became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.
- Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend
yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you
- Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after
a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled
a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.
- Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents,
Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility,
and by his son, Reason.
- He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers:
- I Know My Rights
- I Want It Now
- Someone Else Is To Blame
- I'm A Victim
- Not many attended his funeral because
- so few realized he was gone..
- If you still remember him, pass this on.
- If not, join the majority and do nothing.