- Obama's "end of Iraq war" speech must have
shattered any remaining belief in him. Forced to appease both his supporters
and the warmonger right-wing, who denounce him as a Muslim and a Marxist,
Obama resorted to Orwellian DoubleSpeak. He could only announce an end
to the war by praising the president who started it and the troops who
fought it. Yet, as most earthlings, if not Americans, surely know by now,
the war was based on a lie and on intentional deception. The American
troops died for a lie.
- President Obama spoke of the cost to Americans of
liberating Iraq, but is Iraq liberated or is Iraq in the hands of American
puppet politicians and still occupied by 50,000 American troops and 200,000
private mercenaries and "contractors," governed out of the largest
embassy in the world, essentially a fortress?
- President Obama did not speak of the cost to Iraqis of
being "liberated." The uncounted Iraqi deaths, estimates of which
range from 100,000 to 1,000,000, most being women and children, were not
mentioned. Neither were the uncounted orphaned and maimed children, the
four million displaced Iraqis, the flight from Iraq of the professional
middle class, the homes, infrastructure, villages and towns destroyed,
along with whatever remained of America's reputation.
- All of this was left out of the picture that Obama painted
of America's "commitment" to Iraq which brought Iraqis "peace"
and liberated Iraqis from Saddam Hussein in order that that a destroyed
Iraq can now be an American puppet state and take its orders from Washington.
- As it is impossible for the U.S. government to any longer
pretend that the invasion of Iraq was necessary to save America from weapons
of mass destruction and al Qaeda terrorists, the U.S. government's justification
for its massive war crime has come down
- to removing Saddam Hussein, who, like the Americans,
tortured his opponents.
- Does anyone on earth, even among the most moronic of
the flag-waving American super-patriots, believe that the bankrupt United
States government spent three trillion borrowed dollars to remove
one man, Saddam Hussein, in order to free Iraq from tyranny? Anyone who
believes this is insane.
- Saddam Hussein would have resigned for far less money
had it been offered to him.
- Do Americans see the irony in the "saving Iraq from
tyranny" excuse? The greatest price of the neoconservative war against
- is not the $3 trillion or the dead and maimed American
soldiers and their broken families. The greatest price of this evil war
is the destruction of the U.S. Constitution and American civil liberties.
- The Bush/Cheney/Obama National Security State has eviscerated
the Constitution and civil liberty. Nothing remains. The fascist Republican
Federalist Society has put enough federal judges in the judiciary to rule
that the president is above the law. The president doesn't have to obey
the law against spying on American citizens without warrants. The president
doesn't have to obey U.S. and international laws against torture. The president
doesn't have to obey the Constitution that mandates that only Congress
can declare war. The president can do whatever he wants as long as he justifies
it as "national security."
- The president's part of the government, the unaccountable
executive branch, is supreme. The president can announce, without being
impeached, his decision to murder Americans abroad and at home if someone
somewhere in the unaccountable executive branch regards such American citizens
- Murder first. No accountability later.
- The executive branch has exercised unilateral, unaccountable
power to deep-six the U.S. Constitution, with little interference from
the judiciary and with support from Congress. The executive branch has
declared foreign opponents of America's illegal invasions and occupations
of their countries to be "terrorists," subject neither to the
laws of war nor to the criminal laws of the U.S. and, therefore, subject
to indefinite torture and detention without charges or evidence.
- This is the legacy of the Bush/Cheney regime, and this
criminal regime continues under Obama.
- America's "war on terror," a fabrication, has
resurrected the unaccountable dungeon of the Middle Ages and the raw tyranny
that prevailed prior to the Magna Carta.
- This is the true cost of "liberating" Iraq,
that is, of turning Iraq into an American puppet state that sells out its
people for America's interests.
- Who will now liberate Americans from the Bush/Cheney/neoconservative/Obama tyranny?
- President Obama asserts that America's war crimes have
come to an end in Iraq, but Obama asserts the power to export America's
war crimes to Afghanistan in order to reign in what the CIA director says
are "fifty or less" al Queda members remaining in Afghanistan.
Bankrupt Americans will now be saddled with another three billion dollars
of debt in order to chase after "fifty or less" alleged terrorists.
To cover up this extraordinary waste of borrowed money, Obama, following
the dishonest practices of prior American regimes, equated al Qaeda with
the Taliban, a home-grown movement of hundreds of thousands of Afghans
seeking to unify the country.
- The least expensive way to combat "terrorists"
would be to stop trying to create an American empire in the Middle East
and Central Asia and to stop imposing American puppet states on indigenous
- The bought-and-paid-for-European-puppet states, who preen
themselves with their superior morality, fall in line with Washington,
obeying their American master who fills their pockets with dollars. The
West having fought tyranny since the Magna Carta, now imposes tyranny both
on itself and on the rest of the world.
- If Hitler and Stalin had prevailed, what would be the
difference? Is the Obama regime going to shoot the "enemies of the
state," condemned without trial or evidence, by shooting them in the
front of the head instead of in the back of the neck, as was the
- practice in the Lubyanka?
- What other difference is there?