- The false narrative initially put out by the Israeli
government of hapless IDF commandos severely threatened by hardened "terrorists"
on the Mavi Marmara has fallen apart, amid revelations of doctored photos,
dubbed voices and other deceptions and the patent absurdity of the claim
that the commandos had boarded the ship armed only with "paint guns"
and low-caliber pistols. Now the Big Lie stands further exposed, thanks
to a smuggled-out video showing IDF commandos kicking a prone victim and
then apparently shooting at him on the ground with semi-automatic fire.
- This smuggled video shows IDF commandos were shooting
at people on the ship, not just in self-defense, and that they were armed
with more than just pistols and "paint guns."
- There are claims from Turkish sources that this clip
shows the 19-year-old American-born Furkan Dogan being executed. Dogan's
autopsy showed he was shot four times in the face, and at least once in
- So far, the President Obama and the White House and State
Department have made no condemnation of Israel's illegal and murderous
attack in international waters on a civilian ship flying the flag of a
- This video is, for me, reminiscent of the video from
the Tet Offensive in the 1968 in the Vietnam War, which showed a South
Vietnamese officer executing a captured Viet Cong fighter with a pistol
shot to the head, and also of the 1979 video of a soldier in the army of
Nicaraguan dictator Anastasio Somoza executing the ABC newsman Bill Stewart
(which came across a monitor in a local ABC newsroom I happened to
be visiting in rural North Carolina, causing absolute pandemonium and outrage).
- Both those earlier videos of military atrocities by soldiers
for regimes backed by the US significantly turned American public opinion
against the US puppet regimes and the wars they were fighting. Hopefully
this latest video of another atrocity by a client regime's stormtroopers
will have the same effect.
- To see this video, go to <http://www.thiscantbehappening.net>www.thiscantbehappening.net,
the new collectively-owned, journalist-run, independent online newspaper.