- Our U.S. Congress causes most Americans of both parties
intellectual trauma, emotional fits and mental anguish. Every week, 545
individuals misdirect, obfuscate, cloud, suppress, deny or avoid dealing
with serious issues facing our civilization. Fact: they don't solve much,
but they do perpetuate most of our problems.
- You might read a compelling piece, "545 PEOPLE"
by Charlie Reese that explains their profound disconnect with America,
with her values, with her people and with the principles of the U.S. Constitution.
- Reese said, "Politicians are the only people in
the world who create problems and then campaign against them. Have you
ever wondered if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits,
why do we have deficits? Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians
are against inflation and high taxes, why do we have inflation and high
- Since 80 percent of the American people stand against
both the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, why have those wars continued for nine
years at a cost of $1 trillion and incredible loss of life and misery?
It's beyond the scope of rational thinking or logical reasoning. Are
those 545 crazy or are we crazy to keep electing them?
- Everything going wrong in America today stems from their
decisions in Washington DC. Yet, like lemmings, we continue voting them
back into office.
- Problems they have perpetuated:
- 1. 20 million Americans cannot secure a job.
(Source: Brian Williams, NBC)
- 2. 35 million Americans subsist on food stamps.
(Source: "One in eight Americans living on food stamps: 35 million",
Huffington Post, 11/29/09)
- 3. 13.4 million American children live in
poverty. (Source: Katie Couric, NBC)
- 4. 20 million illegal aliens work and live
in America in violation of U.S. laws. (Source: www.cis.org;www.numbersusa.com)
- 5. $12 trillion national debt.
- 6. Influx of 2.4 million legal and illegal
immigrants annually. (Source: www.fairus.org ; www.thesocialcontract.com)
- 7. Annual cost of immigrants to U.S. taxpayers:
$346 billion. (Source: Edwin Rubenstein Report, www.thesocialcontract.com)
- 8. Millions suffering home foreclosures. (Source:
- 9. $700 billion annual trade deficit. (Source:
Department of Commerce)
- 10. Educational breakdown across the country with
as high as 76 percent dropout rates in major cities like Detroit, Michigan.
(Source: Time Magazine, "Tragedy of Detroit")
- The list grows; it doesn't diminish. It expands; it gets
worse. The problems mount; but the Congress fiddles.
- LET US UNDERSTAND AN EXAMPLE OF AN INDIVIDUAL CONGRESSMAN
- You may think that writing or calling your Congress critter
would bring solutions, rational decision making, and use of common sense
for the common good. You would be wrong. You will receive a form letter.
- I wrote my Congressman Mike Coffman and two senators
Mike Bennet and Mark Udall in Colorado.
- I mentioned that we needed to change the annual 1.2 million
legal immigrants down to 100,000 a year, which worked from 1924 to 1964,
in order to allow our civilization to become stable and sustainable. We
do not need to add another 100 million people to this country within 25
years, most of it via immigration. Straight forward common sense!
- Coffman wrote back, "I do not believe it is in the
best interests to limit legal immigration to 100,000 individuals annually."
- "According to a study from the nation's largest
food bank operator, the number of Americans in need of food aid has jumped
46 percent in three years, including a 50 percent jump in the number of
children needing food assistance, and a 64 percent increase in hunger in
senior citizens' homes," said Daniel Tencer, journalist at <http://www.rawstory.com>www.rawstory.com
"The study, <http://feedingamerica.org/faces-of-hunger/hunger-in-america-2010.aspx>Hunger
in America 2010, found that 37 million people, or roughly one in eight
US residents, received food aid in 2009. That's a 46 percent jump from
a similar survey carried out in 2006."
- Coffman expressed the same thinking as the Pope when
he condemned Galileo for observing that the earth revolved around the sun
instead of vice versa. Coffman showed (s) a complete lack of understanding
that we're already drowning in too many immigrants with 20 million illegals
while adding 1.2 million legal immigrants annually-yet 20 million American
citizens cannot obtain a job and another 35 million live on food stamps.
- Then, we face horrendous environmental problems with
carbon footprint, ecological footprint, water shortages, energy crisis
and more. That shows a HUGE disconnect from what our citizens face.
- Next, I said that we need to stop giving away H-1B and
H-2B visas because over 1.1 million IT workers in the USA suffer unemployment
from the insourcing, offshoring and outsourcing of American jobs.
- He wrote back, "While this may lessen the amount
of people in our country, it will also place America at a competitive disadvantage
moving forward. For that reason, I do not support eliminating the H-1B
and H 2-B Visas."
- Is he nuts or what? We suffer 1.1 million unemployed
Americans IT workers BECAUSE of those H-1B and H-2B visas!
- He gave a bunch of other inane excuses to move on several
other points, as did Udall and Bennet. I asked all of them to support
International Family Planning which provides birth control for women of
the world so they might bring down birthrates to two kids instead of having
10 kids that suffer starvation as do over 10 million children that die
of starvation annually around the globe. Obviously, that's one of the
reasons they flee to the USA for a "better life." (Source: World
- He wrote back, "I oppose funding organizations which
use taxpayer dollars to perform or fund abortions." Understand this
Mr. Coffman: over 46 million desperate women choose abortions annually,
as a secondary form of birth control, because they weren't given birth
control through family planning organizations in the first place. And,
for those who didn't use birth control, a whopping 18 million humans die
annually from starvation in overloaded countries. No thanks to the Catholic
and Islamic churches!
- If Coffman, Udall and Bennet along with the other 532
people walking around Washington DC would get off their fat elitist/narcissistic
butts, and take action for the good of our citizens-we would see results
instead of worsening drama across our country and the world.
- We really need to vote out most of the incumbent members
of Congress and inject new blood, new thinking and workable solutions.
The current crop proves a rat's nest of incompetence, corruption and neglect
of our citizens.
- Frosty Wooldridge has bicycled across six continents
from the Arctic to the South Pole as well as six times across
the USA, coast to coast and border to border. In 2005, he bicycled from
the Arctic Circle, Norway to Athens, Greece. He presents "The Coming
Population Crisis in America: and what you can do about it" to civic
clubs, church groups, high schools and colleges. He works to bring
about sensible world population balance at www.frostywooldridge.com
He is the author of: America on the Brink: The Next Added 100
Million Americans. Copies available: 888 280 7715