- If a patrol car is pulled over to the side of the road,
you have to change to the next lane (away from the stopped vehicle) or
slow down by 20 mph.......
- Every state except Hawaii and Maryland and the
D.C. has this law.
- In California, the "Move-over" law became operative
on January 1, 2010. http://www.moveoveramerica.com/
- My son got a ticket on Pleasant Hill coming
back from Wal-Mart. police car (turned out it was 2 police cars)
was on the side of the road giving a ticket to someone else.
My son slowed down to pass but did not move into the other lane.
- The second police car immediately pulled him
over and gave him a ticket. My son and I had never heard of the
law. It is a fairly new law that states if any emergency vehicle
is on the side of the road, if you are able, you are to move
into the far lane.
- The cost of the ticket was $754, with 3 points on
your license and a mandatory court appearance. I do not know
how much the fine is in CA but it is too stiff to not let you know Please let
everyone you know that drives about this new law.
- It is true (see details at the following web address).