- President Obama's declaration of a national emergency
in reaction to the H1N1 influenza "pandemic"...
- This "national emergency" is declared because
of "over 1,000 H1N1 deaths" - This "national emergency"
in spite of the CDC's claims that "season influenza" kills over
36,000 Americans annually, and over 38,000 Americans die each year on the
nation's highways!! (If this is true, why not declare a yearly "seasonal
flu" or "freeway driving" national emergency??)
- Although the proclamation was signed Friday night, it
was not released to the media until Saturday, October 24, 2009.
- The move authorizes Health and Human Services Secretary
Kathleen Sebelius to temporarily waive certain standard federal requirements
in order to enable U.S. health care facilities to **implement emergency
operations plans** to deal with the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic in
the United States.
- Back in 1973, a Senate SPECIAL COMMITTEE was formed to
review the President's greatly expanded (i.e. dictatorial) powers following
any OFFICIALLY SIGNED NATIONAL EMERGENCY. While the committee indeed documented
the President's heightened "legal authority" -- all attempts
to reform the Emergency Powers Statutes by Idaho Senator Frank Church proved
to be completely futile.
- The committee's 1973 report showed that "national
emergency declarations" had been issued only 4 times - in 1933 to
quell the bank runs during the "great depression" -- again in
1950 during the Korean Conflict, and twice by "tricky" Dick Nixon
during the '70's. Because of Nixon's antics, the Church Committee was
formed to reform the statutes.
- Now, for the first time since the Nixon era, we see
Barack Hussein Obama usurping "emergency" dictatorial powers
in the name of a faux "pandemic". (Little wonder that Dr. Kissinger
and Z-big Brezinsky - Nixon's brain trust, would so advise Obama today.)
- Notice that, according to the 1973 Senate report, under
a formally declared "national emergency" -- the incumbent president
now has the LEGAL POWER to: "seize property; organize and control
the means of production; seize commodities; assign military forces abroad;
institute martial law; seize and control all transportation and communication;
regulate the operation of private enterprise; restrict travel; and, in
a plethora of particular ways, control the lives of all American citizens."
- And so --- it begins.
- HEIL TO THE FUHRER, BARACK OBAMA!!
- A. True Ott, PhD, ND
- 93d Congress
- 1st Session}
- No. 93-549
- EMERGENCY POWERS STATUTES: PROVISIONS OF FEDERAL
- NOW IN EFFECT DELEGATING TO THE
- EXECUTIVE EXTRAORDINARY AUTHORITY
- IN TIME OF NATIONAL EMERGENCY
- OF THE
- SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON THE
- TERMINATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY
- UNITED STATES SENATE
- NOVEMBER 19, 1973
- U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE
- WASHINGTON : 1973
- 24-509 O I
- SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON THE
- TERMINATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY
- FRANK CHURCH, Idaho Co-Chairman
- PHILIP A. HART, Michigan
- CLAIBORNE PELL, Rhode Island
- ADLAI E. STEVENSON III, IllinoisCHARLES McC MATHIAS,
- CLIFFORD P. CASE, New Jersey
- JAMES B. PEARSON, Kansas
- CLIFFORD P. HANSEN, Wyoming
- WILLIAM G. MILLER, Staff Director
- THOMAS A. DINE, Professional Staff
- Since March 9, 1933, the United States has been in a
state of declared national emergency. In fact, there are now in effect
four presidentially-proclaimed states of national emergency: In addition
to the national emergency declared by President Roosevelt in 1933, there
are also the national emergency proclaimed by President Truman on December
16, 1950, during the Korean conflict, and the states of national emergency
declared by President Nixon on March 23, 1970, and August 15, 1971.
- These proclamations give force to 470 provisions of Federal
law. These hundreds of statutes delegate to the President extraordinary
powers, ordinarily exercised by the Congress, which affect the lives of
American citizens in a host of all-encompassing manners. This vast range
of powers, taken together, confer enough authority to rule the country
without reference to normal Constitutional processes.
- Under the powers delegated by these statutes, the President
may: seize property; organize and control the means of production;
seize commodities; assign military forces abroad; institute martial law;
seize and control all transportation and communication; regulate the operation
of private enterprise; restrict travel; and, in a plethora of particular
ways, control the lives of all American citizens.
- With the melting of the cold war--the developing detente
with the Soviet Union and China, the stable truce of over 20 years duration
between North and South Korea, and the end of U.S. involvement in the war
in Indochina-there is no present need for the United States Government
to continue to function under emergency conditions.
- The Special Committee on the Termination of the National
Emergency was created<http://www.barefootsworld.net/war_ep1.html#f1>1 to
examine the consequences of terminating the declared states of national
emergency that now prevail; to recommend what steps the Congress should
take to ensure that the termination can be accomplished without adverse
effect upon the necessary tasks of governing; and, also, to recommend ways
in which the United States can meet future emergency situations with speed
and effectiveness but without relinquishment of congressional oversight
- Full Text of Obama's National Emergency Declaration:
- THE WHITE HOUSE
- Office of the Press Secretary
- For Immediate Release October 24, 2009
- DECLARATION OF A NATIONAL EMERGENCY WITH RESPECT TO THE
- H1N1 INFLUENZA PANDEMIC
- - - - - - - -
- BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- A PROCLAMATION
- On April 26, 2009, the Secretary of Health and Human
Services (the "Secretary") first declared a public health emergency
under section 319 of the Public Health Service Act, 42 U.S.C. 247d, in
response to the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus.
- The Secretary has renewed that declaration twice, on
July 24, 2009, and October 1, 2009. In addition, by rapidly identifying
the virus, implementing public health measures, providing guidance for
health professionals and the general public, and developing an effective
vaccine, we have taken proactive steps to reduce the impact of the pandemic
and protect the health of our citizens. As a Nation, we have prepared at
all levels of government, and as individuals and communities, taking unprecedented
steps to counter the emerging pandemic.
- Nevertheless, the 2009 H1N1 pandemic continues to evolve.
The rates of illness continue to rise rapidly within many communities across
the Nation, and the potential exists for the pandemic to overburden health
care resources in some localities.
- Thus, in recognition of the continuing progression of
the pandemic, and in further preparation as a Nation, we are taking additional
steps to facilitate our response.
- NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United
States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution
and the laws of the United States, including sections 201 and 301 of the
National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.) and consistent with section
1135 of the Social Security Act (SSA), as amended (42 U.S.C. 1320b-5),
do hereby find and proclaim that, given that the rapid increase in illness
across the Nation may overburden health care resources and that the temporary
waiver of certain standard Federal requirements may be warranted in order
to enable U.S. health care facilities to implement emergency operations
plans, the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic in the United States constitutes
a national emergency. Accordingly, I hereby declare that the Secretary
may exercise the authority under section 1135 of the SSA to temporarily
waive or modify certain requirements of the Medicare, Medicaid, and State
Children's Health Insurance programs and of the Health Insurance Portability
and Accountability Act Privacy Rule throughout the duration of the public
health emergency declared in response to the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic.
In exercising this authority, the Secretary shall provide certification
and advance written notice to the Congress as required by section 1135(d)
of the SSA (42 U.S.C. 1320b-5(d)).
- IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this
twenty-third day of October, in the year of our Lord two thousand nine,
and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred
- BARACK OBAMA