- Fact check -
- -- no Swine Flu threat exists;
- -- reported H1N1 infections and deaths are uncorroborated;
- -- WHO predicting a global pandemic affecting "as
many as two billion people....over the next two years" is falsified
hype unless a diabolical depopulation scheme (by vaccines or other means)
plans to create one;
- -- vaccines don't protect against diseases they're designed
to prevent and often cause them;
- -- all vaccines contain harmful toxins, including mercury,
aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol (antifreeze), and squalene adjuvants
that weaken and can destroy the human immune system, making it vulnerable
to many annoying to life-threatening illnesses; and
- -- evidence suggests that the H1N1 strain was bioengineered
in a US laboratory, and the vaccines being produced for it are extremely
hazardous and potentially lethal.
- Under no circumstances should anyone submit to them even
if threatened with fines, quarantine, or incarceration.
- Government and PhRMA Are Enemies, Not Protectors
- On April 26, the US Department of Health and Human Services
(HHS) issued a "Determination that a Public Health Emergency Exists....as
a consequence of confirmed cases of H1N1 Influenza in four US states."
At an April 27 press briefing, Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet
- Yesterday "I issued a public health emergency declaration"
as part of "standard operating procedure" to make more government
resources available to combat the spread of Swine Flu. She then ordered
the FDA "to proceed to permit things like Tamiflu to be used for populations
that they otherwise wouldn't be used for - in this case, for example, very,
very young children."
- On November 13, 2005, Japan's Health Ministry said it
was "looking into reports of a number of sudden deaths of young people
who had taken prescribed dosages of Tamiflu." The Ministry also "found
64 cases of psychological disorders linked to the drug in the past four
- The Japan Institute of Pharmaco-Vigilance head, Dr. Rokura
Hama, said "Tamiflu appears to be similar to other powerful drugs
that can cause behavioral changes" by affecting the central nervous
system. It's the leading medication prescribed for the treatment and prevention
of flu. In April, DHS ordered 12 million doses made available in locations
around the country for quick access if needed.
- Then on June 11, the World Health Organization (WHO)
"raise(d) the level of (Swine Flu) influenza pandemic alert from phase
5 to phase 6," its highest level in declaring "The world is now
at the start of the 2009 influenza pandemic," while admitting its
severity would likely be "moderate (and) most people will recover
from swine flu within a week, just as they would from seasonal forms of
influenza." The WHO no longer reports "confirmed" Swine
Flu cases globally, yet continues to hype the scare without corroborating
- There was no emergency earlier or now, but you'd never
know it from hyped media reports to convince people voluntarily to submit
to experimental, untested, toxic and extremely dangerous vaccines that
damage the human immune system and cause health problems ranging from annoying
- George Bush's Executive Orders (EOs) 13295 and 13375,
Homeland Security Presidential Directive-21, and Military Pandemic Planning
- In addition to the federal laws below, the Bush EOs,
HSPD-21, and Pentagon plan suggest a hidden agenda behind today's Swine
Flu crisis as a way to institute martial law on the pretext of a public
health emergency, using hyped fear to win popular acquiescence.
- On April 4, 2003, EO 13295 issued a "Revised List
of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases" that included cholera, diphtheria,
infectious TB, plague, smallpox, yellow fever, severe acute respiratory
syndrome (SARS), and viral hemorrhagic fevers like ebola and lassa.
- On April 1, 2005, EO 13375 amended EO 13295 by adding
"the following new subsection:"
- "(c) Influenza caused by novel or reemergent influenza
viruses that are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic."
- The October 2007 HSPD-21 "establishe(d) a National
Strategy for Public Health and Medical Preparedness which builds upon principles
set forth in (the 2004) Biodefense for the 21st Century and will transform
our national approach to protecting the health of the American people against
- It called for:
- -- "nationwide, robust, and integrated biosurveillance...to
provide early warning and ongoing characterization of disease outbreaks
in near real-time;
- -- countermeasure stockpiling and distribution....of
medical countermeasures (vaccines, drugs, and therapeutics) to a large
- -- mass casualty care....created by a catastrophic health
- -- "community resilience" whereby "civic
leaders, citizens, and families are educated regarding threats and are
empowered to mitigate their own risk;" in addition, the federal government
must be involved in "medical preparedness to assist (nationwide) in
the face of potential catastrophic health events."
- In May 2007, the Department of Defense's (DOD) "Implementation
Plan for Pandemic Influenza" prepared for a possible H5N1 (Avian Flu)
pandemic that could affect up to one-third of the population and kill as
many as three million in just weeks, it was claimed. It involved using
US troops to put down riots, guard pharmaceutical plants and shipments,
and restrict the movement of people inside the country and across borders.
- This plan remains active and US laws authorize it, including
Sections 1076 and 333 of the John Warner National Defense Authorization
Act for Fiscal Year 2007 that amended the 1807 Insurrection Act and 1878
Posse Comitatus Act. They prohibit using federal and National Guard troops
for law enforcement except as constitutionally allowed or expressly authorized
by Congress in times of a national emergency like an insurrection.
- The president may now announce a public emergency, declare
martial law, suspend the Constitution, and deploy US troops on city streets
to suppress what he calls disorder.
- The Legal Basis for Quarantines
- Vaccine law expert Alan G. Phillips says:
- "....underlying laws....allow states to mandate
vaccines in an emergency....throw out exemptions....impose quarantines
and isolation outside of our homes," and the only way around this
is to "chang(e) state policy and law."
- US laws are similar. They can mandate vaccinations and
let states isolate and quarantine Swine Flu victims if authorities call
the disease infectious and life-threatening.
- Under the proposed Model State Emergency Health Powers
Act (MSEHPA), civil liberties may be suspended in case of a public health
emergency, with or without verifiable evidence.
- The September 2003 Turning Point Model State Public Health
Act (MSPHA) lets state, local, and tribal governments revise or update
public health statutes and administrative regulations. According to James
Hodges, executive director of Johns Hopkins and Georgetown University's
Centers for Law and the Public Health, over half the states have these
laws that can order flu testing, ban public gatherings, mandate quarantines,
and issue other emergency public health directives.
- Federal laws already do it, including the 2006 Public
Readiness and Emergency Preparedness (PREP) Act that lets the HHS Secretary
declare any disease an epidemic or national emergency requiring mandatory
vaccinations. It also protects drug companies from tort liability, except
in cases of "willful misconduct."
- US State Responses to Swine Flu
- Growing numbers of states are exploiting the hyped scare
by declaring a public health emergency. Others are passing laws that order
forced quarantines, impose fines or imprisonment for offenders, and prepare
to govern under martial law with local police, National Guard, or federal
troops for enforcement.
- Florida ordered voluntary or mandatory detentions at
home or in state-designated facilities as well as closures of suspected
buildings and areas. Quarantine Detention Orders state:
- -- "non-compliant" persons are ordered to "remain
in detention quarantine until released by the State Epidemiologist or Health
- -- at home, they must wear surgical masks at all times
in the presence of anyone, even family members, and follow other required
instructions while in isolation;
- -- in state-run facilities, they must "comply with
all orders....regarding (their) medical care," and must "cooperate
with the detention facility's access to (themselves) and (their) medical
records for purposes of delivering and monitoring (their) medical care;"
- -- these "action(s are) taken under the police power
authority of the health department and your cooperation is required by
law;" failure to comply is a "crime."
- Forms circulating on the Internet show that Iowa ordered
home or facility quarantines for anyone suspected of possible H1N1 infection.
However, Mason City, Iowa's KIMT TV 3 reported that "Health leaders
in (the state) are reassuring people that there are no H1N1 related quarantines
being ordered," yet preparations have been made to do it.
- North Carolina's Draft Isolation Order calls for imprisonment
for up to two years and pretrial detention for residents failing to comply
with isolation orders.
- Washington empowers local health authorities to issue
emergency detention orders for up to 10 days.
- On April 28, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger issued a "Proclamation
to Confront Swine Flu Outbreak" and ordered "all state agencies
and departments to utilize and employ state personnel, equipment and facilities
to assist the Department of Public Health (DPH) and the State Emergency
Plan as coordinated by the California Emergency Management Agency."
- He further proclaimed a "state of emergency"
because of "conditions of extreme peril" in the State.
- On April 26, New York Gov. David Paterson activated the
state's health emergency preparedness plan, thereby putting the state on
"high alert to quickly identify and respond to any cases of swine
flu." No further action was taken.
- On April 28, Texas became the second state to declare
a Swine Flu emergency as officials closed schools and cancelled sporting
events after an alleged fatality was reported. At a press conference, Gov.
Rick Perry said:
- "I'm issuing a disaster declaration which covers
the entire state. This will move Texas to a higher state of alert and release
resources to address the spread of the virus." No further action was
- On May 1, Maryland's Gov. Martin O'Malley's executive
order declared a public health emergency "based on an abundance of
caution and concern for our students...If there is a probable case of H1N1
virus at any school, we will close that school and cease all extra-curricular
activities for up to 14 days."
- He also ordered "appropriate emergency protective
measures (be taken to) assist public and private sector employers (take)
proactive steps to prevent the spread to influenza workers and their families."
He stopped short of more draconian measures, including statewide forced
vaccinations and quarantines for resisters.
- On August 6, the Minneapolis-St.Paul Star Tribune headlined:
"As fall approaches, officials are taking a hard look at emergency
plans in the event the virus strikes more aggressively." On August
10, the paper reported, without elaboration, that state officials "have
a plan ready if Minnesota's health care system is swamped by 1.5 million
- Other states took similar actions, including Nebraska,
Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin, and still others are considering them as
the fall flu season approaches and children return to school.
- After earlier issuing a "Proclamation of Civil Emergency
due to a Highly Infectious Disease," Maine Gov. John Balducci signed
a Swine Flu civil emergency decree on September 1 that gives the WHO and
UN martial law authority over the state and authorized the Maine Center
for Disease Control to vaccinate the state's residents. Making this mandatory
wasn't mentioned, but state civil emergency powers may allow it if ordered.
- On April 28, the Massachusetts Senate unanimously passed
the most draconian law to date, S. 2028, that imposes virtual martial law
authority. If it's passed in the House and becomes law, it gives the governor
sweeping powers, lets public health officials mandate vaccinations, and,
with law enforcement and medical personnel, enter private residences and
businesses without warrants, quarantine non-compliers, and impose $1,000-a-day
fines and/or imprisonment for up to 30 days.
- It also authorizes:
- -- closures and evacuations to decontaminate residences,
buildings or facilities;
- -- the destruction of suspect materials;
- -- restricting or prohibiting public gatherings;
- -- public health authorities to use or supervise private
health care facilities and requires private health personnel to provide
appropriate services, including vaccinating state residents;
- -- "the arrest without warrant (of anyone believed
to have) violated an order for isolation or quarantine...;"
- -- control over "ingress (and) egress" from
public areas and human traffic within them;
- -- enforcement measures for the safe disposal of "infectious
waste and human remains;"
- -- control over all medical supplies as well as other
measures needed to respond to the emergency;
- -- the use of state police for enforcement;
- -- control over "routes of transportation and over
materials and facilities including but not limited to communication devices,
carriers, public utilities, fuels, food, clothing, and shelter;" and
- -- public health officials to "institute appropriate
civil proceedings against (properties) to be destroyed in accordance with
the existing laws and rules of the courts of this Commonwealth or any such
rules that may be developed by the courts for use during the emergency;"
acquired properties may "be disposed of by destruction as the court
- Massachusetts may be a trial balloon for what federal
authorities plan everywhere as the fall flu season approaches, to be followed
by hyped reports of nationwide Swine Flu outbreaks, perhaps caused by the
vaccines intended to prevent them.
- In early July, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced
that children, pregnant women, health care workers, and adults with chronic
illnesses will be first to be vaccinated. Reports indicate that inoculations
will begin in early October, preceded by media-hyped fear urging everyone
to get one.
- Stephen Lendman is a Research Associate of the Centre
of Research on Globalization. He lives in Chicago and can be reached at <mailto:email@example.com>firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com and
listen to The Global Research News Hour on RepublicBroadcasting.org Monday
- Friday at 10AM US Central time for cutting-edge discussions with distinguished
guests on world and national issues. All programs are archived for easy