- I've written often about pedophile Polanski, but since
he was arrested in Zurich as a fugitive fleeing the U.S. for child rape,
here's a quick review.
- In 1977, filmmaker Roman Polanski tricked, stripped,
drugged, raped and brutally sodomized a 13-year old, 7th grade girl. Convicted
of these atrocities, he fled the U.S. to work and play in freer, gayer
France. He escaped because once the judge got some additional facts, his
plea bargain (to save the child additional media attack) was deemed invalid.
- His biographer, Thomas Kiernan reports Polanski's crimes
in The Roman Polanski Story. Roman "broke open a bottle of champagne
The youngster hesitated, telling him that the last time she had drunk
champagne it had made her violently ill. She was asthmatic, she said that
the bubbly had brought on an asthma attack."
- Polanski tells her French champagne "could never
hurt you." She drinks a glass to placate him. Soon "she felt
her lungs beginning to constrict." Polanski says "jump in hot
tub It make you feel better."
- "I really don't feel good," she says, "[S]houldn't've
had champagne She complained again about her dizziness and shortness of
breath He gave her a tablet and told her to take it, assuring her that
it would counter the effects of the champagne."
- The police report continues. "[D]utifully, the girl
swallowed the tablet." He didn't "tell her that the tablet was
not an antiasthma pill but a high-potency [illegal] Quaalude from his own
pocket The girl was in a deep champagne-Quaalude daze slipping into unconsciousness."
- "She was shivering and ashen and weeping I'm sick,"
she mumbled drunkenly. I want to go homemy fathergasping for breath in
shrill, raspy heaves. Mucus spilled from her nostrils."
- She lost bladder control and is feverish. Polanski worries
that he might be stuck with a "naked American teenager in the throes
of a potentially fatal seizure." He "wondered whether he should
call an ambulance or the police. He decided to wait."
- Why no ambulance!! In a film, should she die, his Hollywood
friends might help dump the body.
- Still, not to waste a rape opportunity, Polanski painfully
sodomized and raped the half unconscious child. "With her breathing
still impaired by the effects of the Quaalude and champagne, she immediately
gagged and retched. She tried to scream but couldn't produce a sound."
- Eventually, she revived. He drove the child home, leaving
her at the front door.
- Now those who have followed Roman know he regularly rapes,
well, sodomizes, children. Kiernan reported that "Roman just couldn't
understand why screwing a kid should be of concern to anyone. He's screwed
plenty of girls younger than this one, he said, and nobody gave a damn."
- Roman was a victim of our "excessively prudish petite
- I remember a French photo story of Roman with pubescent
girls he seduced and dumped. Kiernan quotes Roman shouting, "I love
young girls very young girls."
- To offset people's general revulsion, Polanski has a
pubic relations campaign that constantly plays on his tragic WWII childhood.
He was born Jewish. He lived during the Holocaust. (In my view, he filmed
The Pianist to exploit the Holocaust as a self promoting 'pity Polanski'
PR ad.) In fact, Roman went to make a film in Israel, but the Israeli government
wouldn't let him set foot on Israeli soil.
- Elsewhere I've written of Polanski's response to the
murder of his young wife, Sharon Tate, by Charles Manson's satanic cult.
- Since Roman used girls in their marriage bed, the spousal
relationship was, well, tense. Roman sold pictures of his naked wife to
Playboy to tantalize millions of lusting men (was Manson one of the millions?).
When she was pregnant, Polanski humiliated Tate in public, calling her
"a dumb hag" and similar endearments.
- Polanski partied in London, often with his Arab sheiks.
He planned to remain until the baby was born. "Then maybe I could
go back and find Sharon the way she used to be."
- His biographer says he was "sipping champagne, passing
a marijuana cigarette around when he heard his wife and baby were stabbed
to death in a satanic ritual" by the Manson cult. Poor Polanski flew
back to "pose at the entrance of the death house for Life magazine
a week after the slaughter. He charged Life $5,000 for this picture."
- Recapping. In 1977, filmmaker Roman Polanski, an infamous
Hollywood pedophile, got caught. He'd done nothing more than drug, rape,
sodomize and almost kill a 7th-grade child. Based on his sadistic sexual
history, there was nothing new in that, so he was outraged by his arrest.
- Convicted of his ruthless near sadosexual murder, the
mean judge told Polanski he could get 50 years -- but he'd be paroled certainly.
- Thus did Roman flee to France to continue being a lionized
- The Swiss arrested him recently as a fugitive from the
U.S. If he is returned to California and sent to the clink -- with all
those big, mean guys for his remaining years -- well, that actually starts
to sound like justice.
- Dr. Reisman is a former principal investigator for the
U.S. Department of Justice, Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.
Her last book was Kinsey: Crimes and Consequences-The Red Queen and the
Grand Scheme. She runs drjudithreisman.com.