- Why does Israel have a right to exist, but Palestine
- This is the question of our time.
- For sixty years Israelis have been stealing Palestine
from Palestinians. There are maps available on the Internet and in Israeli
publications showing the shrinkage over time of what was once Palestine
into what Palestine is today--a small number of unconnected ghettos or
- Palestine became "the occupied territory" from
which Palestinians were ejected and Israeli settlements built for "settlers."
Jordan, Syria and Lebanon are full of refugee camps in which Palestinians
driven off their lands by Israeli force have been living for decades.
- Driving people off their land is strictly illegal under
international law, but Israel has been getting away with it for decades.
- Gaza is a concentration camp of 1.5 million Palestinians
who were driven from their homes and villages and collected in the Gaza
- The United Nations Relief and Works Agency was created
60 years ago in
- 1949 to administer refugee camps for Palestinians driven
from their lands by Israel. As of 2002, the registered Palestinian refugee
population was 3.9 million.
- Caterpillar Tractor makes a special bulldozer for Israel
that is designed to knock down Palestinian homes and to uproot their orchards.
In 2003 an American protester, Rachel Corrie, stood in front of one of
these Caterpillars and was run over and crushed.
- Nothing happened. The Israelis can kill whomever they
want whenever they want.
- They have been doing so for 60 years, and they show no
sign of stopping.
- Currently they are murdering women and children in the
ghetto that they have created for Palestinians in Gaza. The entire world
knows this. The Red Cross protests it. But the Israelis brazenly claim
that they are killing "Hamas terrorists who are a threat to Israel's
- The American media knows that this is a lie, but does
not say so.
- Israel has been able to slowly exterminate a people for
sixty years without provoking sufficient outrage to stop it.
- The United States, "Christian America," has
been Israel's greatest enabler in its long-term murder of the Palestinian
people. Millions of "evangelical Christians" endorse Israel's
ethnic cleansing of Palestine.
- The rest of the world condemns the Israeli military attack
on the Gaza Ghetto. Last week the United Nations Security Council passed
a resolution requiring a ceasefire and the withdrawal of the Israeli SS
from Gaz a.
- The United States abstained.
- While the rest of the world condemns Israel's inhumanity,
the US Congress--I should say the US Knesset--rushed to endorse the Israeli
slaughter of the Palestinians in Gaza.
- The US Senate endorsed Israel's massacre of Palestinians
with a vote of 100-0.
- The US House of Representatives voted 430-5 to endorse
Israel's massacre of Palestinians.
- The resolutions endorsed by 100% of the US Senate and
99% of the House were written by AIPAC, as were the speeches praising Israel
for its inhumanity.
- The US Congress was proud to show that it is Israel's
puppet even when it comes to murdering women and children.
- The President of the United States was proud to block
effective action by the UN Security Council by ordering the Secretary of
State to abstain.
- Be a Proud American. Swagger and strut. Pretend that
you are not besmirched by the shame that your government has heaped upon
you. Take refuge in your ignorance, fostered by 60 years of Israeli lies,
that the murder of Palestinians and the theft of their lands is "Israel's
right of self-defense."