- The U.S. Geological Service issued a report in April
('08) that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it
big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since '95) on how
much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western
South Dakota, and extreme eastern Montana...
- The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since
Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay, and has the potential to eliminate all American
dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA)
estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable...at
$107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5.3 trillion.
- "When I first briefed legislators on this, you could
practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea." says
Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.
- "This sizable find is now the highest-producing
onshore oil field found in the past 56 years." reports,
The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston
Basin, but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' And it stretches
from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada. For
years, U. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end.
Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil
wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough
has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves.... and we now have access
of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil,
those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!
- That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy
for 41 years straight.
- 2. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this
next one should - because it's from two YEARS ago!
- U. S. Oil Discovery - Largest Reserve In The World!
- Stansberry Report Online - 4-20-6
- Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains
lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more
than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated
its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none
has been extracted. With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting
over off-shore drilling?
- They reported this stunning news: We have more
oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth. Here
are the official estimates:
- * 8 times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
- * 18 times as much oil as Iraq
- * 21 times as much oil as Kuwait
- * 22 times as much oil as Iran
- * 500 times as much oil as Yemen
- - and it's all right here in the Western United
- HOW can this BE?
- HOW can we NOT BE extracting this?
- Because the environmentalists and others have blocked
all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil! Again, we
are letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our economy....WHY?
- James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've
got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -
more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven
oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The
- Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this
find? Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace,
- it has to. Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?
- Got your attention/ire up yet? Hope so. Now,
while you're thinking about it .... and hopefully angry, do this:
- 3. Pass this along. If you don't take a little time
to do this, then you should stifle yourself the next time you want to complain
about gas prices .. because by doing NOTHING, you've forfeited
your right to complain.
- Want the hard data? Go here...