- The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) announced April
20, 2009: ..."on the basis of all the evidence currently available
including the [second] published ERF study there is no indication of any
genotoxic or carcinogenic potential of aspartame and that there is no reason
to revise the previously established ADI (allowable daily intake) for aspartame
of 40mg/kg bw/day." Truth be told: aspartame is an addictive excitoneurotoxic,
genetically engineered, carcinogenic that interacts with virtually all
- EFSA is blinded by allegiance to commercial interests
so it invents objections to acclaimed medical research, disregarding the
suffering, ruined lives and death their cupidity brings to Europe.
- In 2005 the renowned Ramazzini Foundation of Oncology
and Environmental Sciences reported a rigorous three years study on 1,800
rats, concluding: aspartame causes significant increases in lympomas/leukemias
and is a multi-potential carcinogen. EFSA invented "deficiencies"
in the study to protect manufacturers pet poison. The second study, ERF
2007, entirely verified the first. Dr. Morando Soffritti, who led both
projects, noted that so much formaldehyde developed in aspartame-exposed
rats that their skin turned yellow.
- Who is the European Food Safety Authority? In 2002 a
review of aspartame a review of aspartame y the European commission, Scientific
Committee on Food attempted to pass off this deadly addictive drug as safe.
An assessment by the European Anti-Fraud Agency (OLAF) revealed the opinion
was written by a single person and not by the entire Scientific Committee
on Food. OLAF did not reveal the name of this individual or any scientific
expertise or conflict of interest he/she had.
- Astonishingly, one unnamed individual writes each opinion
of the committees. Next, persons, often industry consultants, review the
draft. What is clear: neither the author nor the Committee (including industry
consultants) considered or had familiarity with the scientific research
detailed in the 2002 analysis.
- The European Commission, Scientific Committee on Food
is defunct and reviews are now conducted by EFSA, which is composed of
many of the same scientists with conflicts of interest who were on the
- America's FDA approved aspartame as a synthetic sweetener
in 1981. However, studies given the FDA by the manufacturer hide the fact
the poison caused tumors in lab rats.
- An Interesting Twist Of Formaldehyde Fate
- On May 14, 2009, the National Cancer Institute confirmed
the link between formaldehyde and cancer. The NCI's Laura E. Beane Freeman,
Ph.D. reported that an extended analysis of workers exposed to formaldehyde
was associated with a 37 percent increased death-risk from lymphoma and
leukemia. "The overall patterns of risk seen in this extended follow-up
of industrial workers are consistent with a causal association between
formaldehyde exposure and cancers of the blood and lymphatic system and
warrant continued concern," Online: Journal of the National Cancer
- According to Kristina Fiore of MedPage Today, "Since
the 1980s, the Institute has studied a cohort of 25,619 workers employed
before Jan. 1, 1966 in 10 industrial plants that produced formaldehyde
in molded-plastic products, photographic film, decorative laminates and
plywood. The formaldehyde cohort, originally assessed through Dec. 31,
1979, was then updated through Dec. 31, 1994."
- Researchers have not yet identified the mechanism by
which formaldehyde causes leukemia but the pattern is consistent with "a
possible causal association, with the largest risks occurring closer in
time to relevant exposure." She called for further study to "evaluate
risks of these cancers in other formaldehyde-exposed populations and to
assess possible biological mechanisms."
- Toxicologist, Dr. George Schwartz, told team NutraSweet
in 1999 they had presented a one-sided self serving polemic defending their
potentially dangerous product and said, "As one example, your comment
that "formate is quickly eliminated by the body" is demonstrably
false. .. The study done by Trocho et al, Formaldehyde derived from dietary
aspartame binds to tissue components in vivo. Life Sciences 63:5:p.337-49,
1998, clearly demonstrates cellular persistence and accumulation, or in
layman's terms, that formaldehyde can remain and accumulate in the body."
- It is absolutely established that formaldehyde converted
from the methyl ester in aspartame embalms living tissue and damages DNA.
- EPA listed formaldehyde as a probable human carcinogen
in 1987. In 2004 the International Agency for Research on Cancer went further
classifying formaldehyde as a "known human carcinogen" based
partly on research suggesting a link to leukemia. Dr. Woodrow Monte (Aspartame:
Methanol and the Public Health) in New Zealand saw that the New Zealand
Food Safety Authority was concerned formaldehyde was found in pajamas.
He wrote: "If you are concerned about formaldehyde in your pajamas
then think twice about taking it with your breakfast cereal. Aspartame
or Equal, the controversial sweetener virtually forced down the throats
of the American FDA by the notorious former US Secretary of Defense Donald
Rumsfeld (the president of the company that produced it) turns into Formaldehyde
inside your children's bodies. It is well known aspartame or Equal (E951/951)
turns into wood alcohol when it is consumed, however, few people realize
this wood alcohol morphs into formaldehyde in the cells of the human body.
Formaldehyde is a Class 1 causing agent (the world class of carcinogen)
and is responsible for everything from sick house syndrome to birth defects.
Definitely something we don't want to see in Pajamas but most certainly
not in our food."
- Dr. James Bowen said: "Other examples of this toxic
axis are the extreme poisonings caused by formaldehyde, which plasticizes
corpses, and is a deadly carcinogen. Both acute and chronic poisonings
from methanol with the several other synergistic poisonings from aspartame
ingestion steadily accumulate within aspartame consumers until finally
hastening or culminating in fatal events."
- "The NCI study confirms the work of Dr. Soffritti,"
said Mission Possible Director Dr. Betty Martini. "Now we have to
get the NCI to realize that the 'biological mechanisms' that cause formaldehyde-induced
cancers from workplace exposures are likely to be identical to the 'biological
mechanisms' causing aspartame-induced cancers. Research shows formaldehyde,
which aspartame produces, causes lymphoma and leukemia in both lab rats
and people. EFSA's general review of aspartame will be completed in November.
With their tight relationship with industry what should we expect? Perhaps
they'll remember Mark Twain's words: "Always do right; this will gratify
some people and astonish the rest."
- FDA has admitted aspartame carcinogenicity; nevertheless
the NCI and NIH recently said aspartame is a safe artificial sweetener.
- Note: For 30 years the neurotoxicity/carcinogenicity
of aspartame have been demonstrated in numerous studies posted on the sites
below. This research is confirmed by the case histories of thousands of
victims who suffered dread infirmities or died from the myriad complications
from this chemical poison. This could end if the NCI announces workplace
formaldehyde and dietary formaldehyde have the same affect on the body
and produce the same cancers.
- FDA Toxicologist, Dr. Adrian Gross, told Congress in
1985 aspartame violates the Delaney Amendment because it causes cancer
and an allowable daily intake should never have been allowed to be set.
- Russell Blaylock, M.D. said in "Health and Nutrition
Secrets to Save Your Life": "So in the case of diet drinks in
aluminum cans, the very toxic brain aluminum fluoride compound co-exists
with multiple toxins found in aspartame, thus creating the most powerful
government-approved toxic soup imaginable."
- Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum.
- Founder, Mission Possible World Health International
- 9270 River Club Parkway
- Duluth, Georgia 30097
- E-Mail: <mailto:BettyM19@mindspring.com>BettyM19@mindspring.com
- Aspartame Toxicity Center: <http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame>http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame
- For references confirming material in this article:
- www.mpwhi.com, http://www.dorway.com, http://www.wnho.net
- Aspartame Toxicity Center:
- OLAF Comment:
- Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic, H. J. Roberts,
- Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills, neurosurgeon Russell
- Aspartame documentary: Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World:
- Clip explaining political chicanery of Don Rumsfeld in
- What the real aspartame experts said about EFSA's review:
- FDA audit: Bressler Report: