- Report #1
- Lawrie and Gwen Fuchs
- AN ELDERLY couple claim they had a close encounter with
a UFO while travelling along a Territory highway.
- Lawrie Fuchs, 70, and his wife Gwen, 69, were returning
to their home town of Elliott following a trip to Queensland last Friday
when they say the UFO swooped them as they drove along the Barkly Highway.
Estimated to be about six metres wide, they say the object passed the vehicle
with such speed that its slipstream forced their Mazda sedan into the middle
of the road. They were travelling in a westerly direction and were about
55km east of the Threeways roadhouse when the incident occurred. "It
was about 4pm when suddenly we saw a dark, silvery flash and heard a loud
sound as it passed,'' Mr Fuchs said.
- Newspaper story about the Fuch's encounter:
- Location of encounter:
- Report #2 Darren - Oz Police Officer
- I was standing in my back lawn looking at the stars,
the Southern Cross etc. My dog(German Shepherd) standing beside me started
growling. I then looked north in the sky and with the glow from streetlights
etc I nearly fell back. I actually said "What the hell is that!"
What I saw appeared (to me) to be just above the treetops travelling from
north to south in a slow steady movement. This thing was 'V-shaped (triangle)
with at least 4 round lights down each side of the 'V' yet they weren't
lit however I could clearly see what I was seeing thanks to the lights
from the ground illuminating up. The thing was huge and what I could see
was to me the underneath of it. I watched it for about 10 or so seconds
until it disappeared further south over trees...my line of view was then
blocked. My dog then stopped growling!
- Original drawing
- Report #3
- Diane's report of the sighting July, 1969
over Cairns (QLD) 0130hrs (CE1)
- Report received 12th August 2008
- Source: AUFORN HOTLINE 1800 77 22 88
- Witness: Mr. Les Childs & Stan Gees R.I.P
- Number of witnesses present: 2 plus 5 more.
- Sighting Duration: 8 to 10 minutes
- Occupation: Police Sergeant - Cairns Police Station
- Object origin: Northerly direction from the Cape.
- Number of Objects: 4
- Size: 1, Basketball size 3 others 1/2 the size 1 cent
- Colour: Silver/white
- Report taken by Diane Frola AUFORN
- Les said: I was a Police sergeant in Cairns in July 1969.
I was out on patrol in the early hours of the morning, this was about 1.30
am in the morning with Sergeant Stan Gees. We had just started patrol of
Cairns we had to go out to Edmonton & Gordonvale because they weren't
24hrs police stations at the time.
- Now on our way back we got a call to nature we got out
of the car along a very quiet road going up to west Cairns and the sky
was clear you could see for miles. While we were relieving ourselves all
of a sudden there was well Stan called out to me, hey Les what's that up
there and I could see a big silver streak coming through the sky.
- After about a couple of seconds this sorta streak stopped
then there appeared to be this big silver ball up in the air. If I describe
it as a ball you know what a soccer ball or a basket ball is. If you're
looking about 20 feet away that's how big it was. Now while we were watching
a couple of minutes later a little round object came out, it came down
and stopped, followed by a second one followed by a third one.
- Now the one on the right went out to the right and stopped
the one on the left went out and stopped the one in the middle came down
- Then they came back to where they where, then they moved
across to the right hand side and stopped, they went up through the center
the up over to the left hand side, they came back to the center and then
after a few minutes one went inside this thing the next one appeared to
go inside then the third one went in. A couple of minutes passed then there
was this silver streak in the sky and away it went.