- New England Journal of Medicine claims that only about
10% of drug induced side effects are reported
- OTTAWA -- Critics say
that the reasons to avoid using the HPV vaccine, Gardasil, continue to
pile up in the form of thousands of instances of severe side effects, including
- In response to the mounting evidence that the vaccine
may not be safe for widespread use, the Centre for Disease Control (CDC)
is slated to release a study in October that will attempt to determine
the validity of these reports.
- Judicial Watch, a public interest group, has closely
monitored Gardasil since it was released by creator Merck in 2006, periodically
detailing statistics on the numerous side effects users have experienced.
The most recent report alleges that the drug has been responsible for 21
deaths and 9,749 adverse reactions, including 78 outbreaks of genital warts
and 10 miscarriages.
- As daunting as these current statistics are, it seems
that even they may be gravely underestimating the health risks associated
with using Gardasil. A study by the New England Journal of Medicine claims
that only about 10% of drug induced side effects are reported to the Vaccine
Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
- Furthermore, FiercePharma.com claims that experts have
criticized the actual effectiveness of the cervical cancer vaccine, saying
Merck has exaggerated the drug's usefulness.
- Despite the alleged dangers of using Garasil and concerns
about its actual medical success, Merck is continuing to push the drug
into state mandatory vaccine lists and schools.
- See related LifeSiteNews.com coverage -
- Gardasil - 18 Dead, Thousands Suffer Complications
- Why Medical Authorities Cannot be Trusted on Gardasil
HPV Vaccine By Gwen Landolt
- Ontario Catholic School Board Rejects HPV Vaccine on
- Controversial HPV Vaccine Causing One Death Per Month: