- WASHINGTON, DC -- This afternoon,
Arkansas Democratic Party Chairman Bill Gwatney fell victim to what was
evidently a political assassination.
- Gwatney was a major ally of Hillary and Bill Clinton,
and was a leader of the strongly pro-Clinton Arkansas delegation to the
upcoming Denver Democratic National Convention.
- Gwatney's Arkansas delegation was known to be a hotbed
of anti-Obama sentiment, and was reportedly ready to walk out of the Denver
convention if Senator Clinton were not to be treated fairly by the Howard
Dean-Donna Brazile DNC leadership.
- Observers in Washington are now asking whether the assassination
of Gwatney can be read as attempted intimidation of the anti-Obama forces
now gaining strength before the Denver convention.
- Is the death of Bill Gwatney part of an Obama body count
which already includes the names of Donald Young (the murdered gay choirmaster
of Rev. Wright's church) and possibly others?