- Unhappy Fourth Of July, America. Are you ready for your
- As you don your party hat, take a good hard look into
the mirror of your soul. Do you like what you see? Can you beautify the
face of hypocrisy with a chorus of The Star Spangled Banner?
- On holidays such as this one, I long for those blissful
days of my childhood; those days when the Fourth of July meant a joyous
celebration of birth. We had claimed our independence from Great Britain
and a new world (without the word "order" ) had been born. America
was our land of opportunity and people came here to realize The American
Dream. When did the dream morph into a nightmare? And when will we wake
- What will you be doing on July 4th? Will you be singing
"God Bless America"? Will you be barbecuing large hunks of flesh
and washing them down with a "cold one"? "Pass the genetically
modified cob of corn, please"
- Will you be frolicking at your picnic, ooo-ing and ah
- ing as fireworks flash over the evening sky? They are far more attractive
than the daily decoration of chemtrails.
- Can you play The 1812 Overture loudly enough to deafen
and deaden the sounds of the devastation that is being done in our name?
- Can you close your eyes tightly enough to blot out the
pictures of the mutilated bodies of death and dying as we bring "freedom"
to other lands?
- Wave your Chinese made American Flag and we will all
play "Let's Pretend".
- I regretfully inform you that I will not be attending
your party this year. My holiday spirit died along with The American Dream.
And while you are singing "and the rockets red glare", try to
forget that others will be listening to the "bombs bursting in air".
- Judy Andreas
- "Good-bye America ... you are not the country that
I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can't make
you be that country unless you want it"
- --Cindy Sheehan