- This is perhaps one of the strangest topics which scores
about a 20 + on the weirdness scale of 1 to 10.
- First, we should take a brief look at some of the characteristics
of the human eye as to what's normal and what isn't. The white part of
a human eye is called the sclera, which comprises 5/6 of the outer surface
of the eye. The sclera is a very thin tissue made of several layers, with
a total thickness varying between .3mm and 1mm thick depending on where
on the eye it's measured.
- I should mention here for reference later that human
eyes are filled with a clear, gelatinous material known as the vitreous
humor. This material must be crystal-clear to permit the unobstructed
passage of light from the rear of the lens to the retina. Some people
have "floaters" in their eyes, which are minerals or crystals
and may cause strange glints of light when in a brightly lit area.
- Regardless of race, most healthy humans have a white
color (or nearly white) sclera. Other life-forms such as horses, dogs,
lizards etc often have a dark brown or black sclera.
- EYE DISEASES
- Fig.1 This child is not a black-eyed being but
has a curable illness. The bluish-black sclera in his eyes is a rare disease
called alkaptonuria. This child also had black urine as another symptom.
He was placed on ascorbic acid and a low protein diet to reverse the condition.
However, the sclera does not turn pitch black with this disease. This
disease strikes about 1:250,000 and can be treated by diet and drugs.
- Health problems such as liver problems or a particular
vitamin or diet deficiency can also cause the sclera to become yellow.
The sclera can also become yellow in the elderly as a product of fat
- There are special drugs in the form of eye-drops which
doctors and researchers use that temporarily cause the white sclera of
the eye to become transparent. This permits a doctor or researcher to
directly view the retina using off-axis (side view) imaging for diagnosing
eye disease, without the limited viewing the retina through the lens and
cornea structures of the eye. There is no long- lasting effect from temporarily
making the sclera transparent. After a period of time the drug dissipates
and the surface of the eye returns to its normal white color.
- BLACK-EYED BEINGS
- Are there beings or people among us whose sclera, pupils
and iris are completely BLACK? We will refer to them as beings, because
at this time we really don't know who or what they are. There are numerous
eye witness accounts of people like this in almost every location you
can imagine, and from many corners of the Earth. We will look at some
of those accounts later.
- Below are some common characteristics of black-eyed beings
I've discovered from examining eyewitness testimony:
- * Sometimes the adult or child dresses in attire to fit
into the local population, but odd variations can also cause the black-eyed
person to stand out. Eyewitness accounts have stated that the clothing
is either overly neat as though they are from a by-gone era, or have strange
- * Black-eyed beings may dress in black or dark clothes
- * When black-eyed children approach adults they do not
act shy like normal children. Instead, they are often quite forceful about
what they want from the adult and may try to intimidate or persuade.
These children may be verbally forceful in demanding entry into a home
or a vehicle on a public street, but apparently they do not become physical.
- * Evil is a common characteristic that eyewitnesses often
sense from both black-eyed children and adult beings. However, this feeling
is not experienced by every eyewitness.
- * In public places such as restaurants or airport gate
waiting areas, often people will not sit anywhere near them especially
after making eye contact.
- * It is possible that some (or all) of these beings do
not have a home, and are roaming the Earth endlessly. One eyewitness who
was alone with a man in an elevator late at night asked him where he
was going. His curt response was "NOWHERE!"
- * These beings have been reported by people world-wide,
and are not known to originate from any particular location on Earth.
- * One eyewitness was in an elevator with a black-eyed
being. The following day he checked a security camera videotape but it
did not record the presence of the black-eyed being in the elevator. Only
the eyewitness was seen alone on the videotape.
- * A common occurrence among children with black eyes
is to ask permission to enter a vehicle or a home. Apparently there are
certain laws these beings must follow, such as being invited in. What's
interesting is that this law requiring permission is known to apply to
supernatural evil, such as demons. If laws ruling supernatural interference
did not exist, then all of humankind would be in utter chaos and terror,
and society could never develop to the level of what it is today.
- * Solid form - unlike ghosts or other disembodied entities,
eyewitness accounts have not spoken of transparency. These black- eyed
beings appear to be solid and can speak verbally, although this does not
negate a supernatural origin.
- * Some accounts indicate that at least some of these
beings have olive colored skin.
- * Eyewitness accounts of these beings often take place
at night or inside buildings. Perhaps they cannot tolerate direct sunlight.
- * Black-eyed adults could be related to the "Men
in black" (MIB) who have also appeared with pitch black eyes to intimidate
UFO witnesses. MIB often appeared to those who make it past a close encounter
of the first kind. There haven't been any new accounts of MIB visits in
recent years that I know of. Perhaps these black- eyed beings are of the
same race as the MIB, who may now be unemployed.
- Many years ago we had a relative who was an albino (now
deceased.) An albino is the result of a genetic mutation that prevents
pigment generation anywhere in the body. Her skin was extremely light,
almost white but slightly pink as a result of no pigmentation to fully
cover the fine blood vessels. Her hair was always white even when she
was quite young. The sclera of her eyes was basically devoid of all white
color, resulting in a pinkish-red color from the coloring of blood vessels
in the thin sclera. However, she did not normally wear glasses as her
vision was close to normal. This is mentioned here to show that human
beings who are albino would be at the far opposite end of the spectrum
from black-eyed beings.
- In black-eyed beings, apparently the sclera is black
as well as the pupil and iris. Witnesses are probably not seeing the retina
directly. Humans have the classic red-eye in photographs as a result
of flash photography. To see into the eye of a black-eyed being would
probably require a similar intense on-axis light source. However, if eyewitnesses
can actually see a black retina as some have claimed, then the retina
of these beings must absorb light even better than the eyes of human beings.
- Late at night in the headlights of an oncoming vehicle
on a highway deer, opossums and other animals have eyes (retinas) have
a green or red color. This is a retro-reflection from the animal's retina.
It is similar to how a reflector on a bicycle or driveway marker reflector
works. Human beings have a non-reflective retina, reflecting back only
about 1% of the light that enters the eye.
- One might dismiss these strange black-eyed people as
a rare genetic mutation, except for one simple fact that apparently no
one talks about If both the sclera is black AND the vitreous humor
inside the eye is black as well, these beings would almost certainly have
to be blind since no light could reach the retina through black vitreous
- EYE WITNESS ACCOUNTS
- Below are some relevant excerpts from several very lengthy
- (A note here to the grammar nit-pickers: There are grammatical,
typographical errors and other problems in these accounts, but these
statement extracts have been retained as the eyewitness has written them
to avoid changing any intended meaning. I have added a few statements
in parentheses for clarity. If I've made errors myself in this essay,
forget about it!)
- AT HOME LATE ONE NIGHT
- A lady named Adele was at home when two boys knocked
on her door at 11PM at night. What follows is a verbatim excerpt from
her testimony. After a long introduction Adele began to describe the
- "He was young boy of about 17 or 18, approximately,"
Tee says. "He asked me about an open apartment for rent. I remember
feeling very scared and shaken by his appearance. He did not look weird
by his dress or such. It was his eyes. I remember feeling the hair on
my neck stand up, and I was shaking just from looking in his eyes."
- Like Chris, Tee also felt that deep sense of malevolence.
"I could not look him straight in the eyes," she says. "I
felt like I was about to die. Now, some people may think that I was just
over- reacting or something, but the eyes were completely black like
there was no real pupil. He spoke normally to me, but I had to just shut
the door in his face and get as far from him as I could. I felt like I
was in extreme danger." 
- (What might have happened to Adele if these children
were allowed entry into her home?)
- MAN SITTING IN A CAR ON A STREET
- In this incident which took place in Abilene, Texas,
a journalist was in his parked car late at night writing a check to pay
an internet bill at a drop box when two children approached him for help,
knocking on his car window. They were asking for a ride home to retrieve
money from their mother to see a popular movie, at the movie theater close
to the parked vehicle. What made this event highly unusual to the witness
was that these children asked for a ride home when the final showing of
the film was already half over. The following is a verbatim excerpt from
his account. One of the two boys is identified as the "the spokesman"
by the eyewitness. He is the only boy who talked during the discussion.
When the eyewitness was reluctant to let the boys into his car they persisted.
Here are his words:
- "C'mon, mister. Let us in. We can't get in your
car until you do, you know," the spokesman said soothingly.
- (Note the child was apparently following the unspoken
law that permission must be granted first as indicated by the statement
"We can't get in your car until you do, you know." The testimony
- "Just let us in, and we'll be gone before you know
it. We'll go to our mother's house." We locked eyes. To my horror,
I realized my hand had strayed toward the door lock (which was engaged)
and was in the process of opening it. I pulled it away, probably a bit
too violently. But it did force me to look away from the children. I
turned back. "Er ... Um ...," I offered weakly and then my mind
snapped into sharp focus.
- For the first time I noticed their eyes. They were coal
black. No pupil. No iris. Just two staring orbs reflecting the red and
white light of the marquee. At that point, I know my expression betrayed
me. The silent one had a look of horror on his face in a combination
that seemed to indicate: A) The impossible had just happened and we've
been found out!" The spokesman, on the other hand, wore a mask of
anger. His eyes glittered brightly in the half- light. "Cmon, mister,"
he said. "We won't hurt you. You have to LET US IN. We don't have
- That last statement scared the living hell out of me,
because at that point by his tone he was plainly saying, "We don't
NEED a gun." He noticed my hand shooting down toward the gear shift.
The spokesman's final words contained an anger that was complete and
whole, and yet contained in some respects a tone of panic:
- "WE CAN'T COME IN UNLESS YOU TELL US IT'S OKAY.
LET ... US .... IN!"
- I ripped the car into reverse (thank goodness no one
was coming up behind me) and tore out of the parking lot.
- (Question is - do these boys actually have a home? What
might have happened to the eyewitness IF they were allowed entry into
- AIRLINE PASSENGER
- In another work-for-word account a black-eyed man boarded
a commercial airliner. Apparently some sort of mind control was being
used, as flight attendants and the captain all saw different colors in
this same man's eyes, including pitch black:
- I glanced up just in time to see a late arriving passenger,
noting his well-appointed leather jacket, pants and shoes all were nice
complimentary shades of brown. His haircut was in the European cut with
tendrils on the nape, instead of the precise American haircut. I froze
as I looked into his eyes. They were black in entirety. He looked European
or a light Arabian. I don't remember seeing the white part of his eyes.
- (Flight attendant continues) That man is very scary,
I am so afraid. I was very frightened too, ready to pee my pants. I laid
my arm on the door ledge and watch out the porthole and wondered if we
would survive this trip. The feeling was unanimous with the other girls
and we were on total edge. I was pondering why each of us thought his
eyes were a different color.
- (Later in the flight she describes the man's eyes) We
were so distressed that the Captain put on his hat to come out for a look.
That passenger closed his eyes and appeared to be sleeping. We landed
without ado and matter of fact, the airplane emptied in world record time
about 2-3-minutes. This man was coming and the Captain was saying goodbye.
I refused and hopped back into the galley. I whispered, "Here he
comes and I watched the Captain as all the color drained from his face,
when the man passed out the door. The captain said, WOW...whoa that was
a strange man!
- (If this black-eyed man was not human, how did he obtain
a boarding pass?)
- BANK BUILDING IN AUSTRALIA
- Here is another verbatim extract from a story about a
strange man seen in an elevator in a bank building, as told by the bank
executive who worked late that evening:
- I found to my surprise that a few people have had similar
experiences regarding people with pitch-black eyes. Unlike some, though,
I didn't feel a sense of dread or a feeling that I was about to die. I
felt more an awareness and discomfort, like when you see someone advance
angrily toward you only to walk past you.
- Anyway, it was September 2, 2000, and one of the roles
as an executive is you sometimes have to put in really late nights. My
office was on the fifth floor and it was coming up to 12 in the morning.
I was the only employee, as far as I know, on the first five floors apart
from Ben, another fellow banker on my floor and Stan, who is a security
- (He continues after a lengthy introduction) The elevator
stops at floor 2 and in comes a tall man with more or less a black crew-cut.
The first thing I did was open my mouth to ask what sector he was from
and who gave him permission, but as I looked into his eyes they where
entirely black. The pupils, the retinas everything. I remember not really
being spooked about his eyes. To be honest, I just thought he might've
had a disability in his eyes. As the elevator slowly starts up moving
back on route, he asked me where I was going, and I simply replied, "home."
He then asked why, and I more or less laughed and just said I want to
go to sleep and see my wife. He then just mummered very softly, like he
was talking to himself, "It must be nice to have a home."
- I figured he was just being friendly and that he must
be renting. As we got to B1, I realized he hadn't pushed the button on
where he was going, so I asked, "Where are you going?" to which
he replied rather angrily looking at me with his creepy eyes, "Nowhere."
- (At this point, the eyewitness stated he ran to his car.
When he looked behind him, he noticed the strange man in the elevator
did not get out. He continues on with his account)
- Now the real freaky part. As I drove down the street,
all the lights were out - and this is in Sydney (city of NSW). Then I
turn... and guess who is walking just ahead of the car - our favorite
black-eyed man! No need to say, I sped home, probably breaking five road
laws. How could he have left the building and be ahead of me when he had
no car, and went up to floor 6?
- It gets weirder. On the videotapes and records, there
shows no one using the elevator at that time apart from me.
- BLACK EYED BEING IN STARBUCKS
- Witness begins her statement that it was a nice sunny
day in November and she had been out running some errands. No country,
state or city is given but it may have be in the United States. Although
it was November, the black-eye being wore no coat or jacket. Perhaps this
took place in the southern United States:
- I got my tea, headed out the door, had to stop and organize
myself as my keys migrated to the bottom of the purse and I still had
to get my wallet in! So I plopped the stuff down on an open table and
tried to get my act together. I felt like I was being watched, so turned
around to give whatever to the perv that I assumed was watching me, and
the smart aleck remark died in my mouth as I caught sight of him and made
(inadvertent) eye contact.
- I should note here: I did not see anything unusual in
his manner of dress. Jeans, black shirt, lightweight black jacket, (no
hat, no overcoat) not unusual dress. His hair was almost black, but didn't
look any darker than my boyfriend's hair (boyfriend is of Japanese descent).
His skin tone was a bit olive and pale but not overly so. It was the eyes
and the aura, coming off of him that scared me.
- The eyes, blacker than black, no white at all, wall to
wall black, and I just felt a darkness around him, an evil. As I looked
in his eyes, I somehow KNEW that was not a human soul occupying that body,
and I felt that he knew that I knew that he was not human.
- Interesting side note: three open tables around the table
"he" was sitting at, were empty, and stayed empty. People would
just come out the door, look in that direction, and leave. No one would
sit near "him".
- I got the feeling that "he" was amused by this.
That he could keep humanity away and he was challenging me, "Are
you going to run away too?" My reply was "I am leaving because
I was planning on leaving." (All this was telepathic.)
- BLACK-EYED WOMAN SEEN IN MICHIGAN
- A woman and her husband stopped at their usual rest stop
in Michigan on the way to their second home for a short vacation. Below
is an excerpt from her account:
- My husband and I were on our way up north on I-75 during
the afternoon. Luckily, it was not at our normal time in the evening.
We have a little place in northern lower Michigan, and often go up there
for the weekends. As was our custom, we pulled in at our usual rest stop,
and I went into the women's restroom.
- As I was preparing to leave the room, I suddenly noticed
a thin, dark-haired woman standing alone and starring directly at me.
I instantly felt a terrible sense of dread, as though there was something
deeply unnatural about her. I then noticed the eyes which had been staring
coldly at me, and they were completely black. I saw no color whatsoever,
and no pupils. I felt an extremely strong need to get away from her as
quickly as possible, as there was something quietly threatening about
her. Her stare was devoid of any emotion other than something very cold
- My instant and unwavering feeling during this whole experience
was that she was not human. I don't know what me made feel this so strongly,
but it was my most singular, strongest sense while looking at her. There
also was something almost predatory about her, as though she was homing
in on prey while she stood there so still. I also had a strange sense
of her feeling superior or stronger in some way. Again, the sense of a
predator watching its prey.
- I left as quickly as possible, showing as little reaction
to her as possible. It seemed important, for some unknown reason, for
me to act unaffected by her while in her presence. I felt a huge sense
of relief as I got back into the car and left. I have to say that this
was one of the most memorable brief experiences I've ever had around
a person, especially a stranger. I have never been able to shake the unexplainable
feeling that she wasn't human.
- BLACK EYED CHILD SEEN AT YMCA IN CALIFORNIA
- Here is yet another verbatim extract from a sighting
in Encinitas, California:
- (After her introduction she continues) I work at the
local YMCA as a youth counselor, one night as I sat in the parking lot
clearing room on the seat next to me for my friend to sit down this kid
comes up to the side of the car, immediately as this kid gets near us
we can tell something is wrong, my friend just hopped into the back of
the car and we lock all the doors. The kid didn't say anything, but before
I realized it I had rolled down the window, when I got a closer look at
the kid I was alarmed at how young he looked, I'd say about 7-10 years
- He was your average very blonde white kid, pale skin,
but he gave off a terrible aura of bad things. He told me to let him in
the car, never giving a reason, I was compelled by some force to open
the door, but my friend kept telling me "there's no more room"
The kid began to repeat this phrase back, sounding very angry. "NO
MORE ROOM, NO MORE ROOM" at this point he and I made eye contact,
I saw that his eyes were fully black, no whites to them at all. He grabbed
my arm through the window, and dug his fingernails into my forearm, his
skin was cold. I shoved him from the window and shouted "THERE'S
NO MORE ROOM" and slammed my foot on the accelerator. We drove over
the curb and flattened a bush before leaving the parking lot, as we sped
towards my friend's house we saw this kid twice, once at a fruit stand,
and again at a red light.
- (Two days later another black-eyed child appears outside
the eyewitness's home)
- We go back to watching the movie when there is a knock
on the door. Not just one or two, but a knock that you get when someone
is angry with you, like when the government comes in all the movies. I
look out the peephole and see no one, so I opened the door. Standing
there is a teenage kid, pale skin, jet black hair. I ask him if he needs
help, and he told me he needed a telephone. This kid looks fairly straight-edge,
he looks like the type you can trust, I get no bad aura from him, and
I'm about to let him in when I notice his eyes. Deep black, just like
the kid in the parking lot. I slam the door in his face, and look out
the peephole, I still see no one through it. 
- Are all of these eyewitness accounts fiction?
- This seems unlikely as those who wrote them were not
seeking fame or fortune, so what could possibly be a motive to fabricate
these stories? Most likely, there are thousands or tens of thousands
of these sightings but most people haven't taken the time to document
them, or know where they can be posted.
- There are common characteristics to each of these eyewitness
accounts of something that often triggers a human innate sense of evil,
fear, night time appearances, a certain peculiar forcefulness and sometimes
a sense of terror of the unknown.
- Perhaps these black-eyed beings are one of the 63 races
visiting Earth (this was the last total known according to a retired Air
Force officer friend of mine.) Or maybe these beings have the ability
to come and go from another dimension that co-exists with ours, which
is hopefully not hell.
- If these black-eyed beings are not human but are inter-dimensional,
alien or of supernatural origin it might explain why they do not appear
on a video recording in at least one case. Yet these beings are real,
physically exist and communicate with people according to eyewitness accounts.
- Data4science.net recently sent out a request for additional
eyewitness testimony to almost 1,000 volunteers who are signed up with
the website. It is still a bit too early to tell if anyone in the list
has encountered these beings, or if they will share their story.
- Herman Melville once said, "The eye is the gateway
to the soul." If the eye of these beings really is completely black,
then this might be an ominous message about who these beings are.
- Here are a few parting positive thoughts:
- Edward R. Murrow "The obscure we see eventually.
The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer."
- Bill Cosby - "Every closed eye is not sleeping,
and every open eye is not seeing."
- Daryl Ryman "Your mind is your best camera
. . . Go out and take some beautiful pictures."
- And finally
- "Discovery consists of looking at the same thing
as everyone else and thinking something different."
- - Albert Szent-Gyorgyi, Winner of the 1937 Nobel Prize
in Physiology and Medicine
- At this point in time, I'm not categorically saying black-eyed
beings exist. Time will tell. If you have experienced seeing one of these
beings, please write me with all the details you can remember including
city, state and country. Names will be withheld.
- We'll include your story anonymously in an update if
sufficient feedback from readers is received, or new evidence is discovered.
- Ted Twietmeyer
- © 2008
-  https://tspace.library.utoronto.ca/bitstream/1807/5513/1/
-  http://paranormal.about.com/od/humanenigmas/a/aa090406.htm
-  http://www.freewebs.com/thekingofwolves/index.htm