- The most often asked nutritional health question I get
is... "How can I enjoyably consume more healthful Raw Veggies,
satisfy my Sweet-Chocolate 'Snacky-Cake' craving, while also 'firing-up'
the libido of my Vegetarian significant-other with a meat-free, Aphrodisiac
Menu that's also Low-Carb"?
- OK...I made up... ...but it just so happens that many
of my favorite health" recipes contain legendary Aphrodisiac
Foodstuffs which simultaneously protect your Heart, boost
your Immune System & ease your troubled Mind... WHILE
they put more lead in your erotic pencil! Moreover, EVERY ingredient
iterated is "Probiotic" (For Life)! Not a single one
is "Antibiotic" (Against Life).
- Baked Stuffed Yam & Banana:
- Make this for your Vegetarian girl-friend and she
will know you are truly a culinary "Renaissance-Man"...
...especially if you can explain the nearly magical array of
Heart-healthy, Cancer-fighting Anti-oxidants found in the "lowly"
Yam. Truly the kind of talk that gets a girl hot. Am I right?
- See? Even though Yams & Sweet Potatoes are from completely
different families... they are, essentially, nearly identical first cousins
and have been considered a sexual stimulant by Royalty for hundreds
(thousands?) of years.
- If you're Diabetic and conscientiously avoid
processed "empty-calorie and hi-carb non-foods" like
white bread & sugary cereal, then Yams can be a nearly
perfect food for you nutritionally, even though they are not
exactly low-carb. Consider, yams don't cause much of a glucose/insulin
rise, especially when you consider how sweet they are! This
is mainly due to its Hi-fiber but also other, moreconvoluted,
- For example, Yams are high in manganese, a
trace mineral required for carbohydrate metabolism. Additionally,
Yams provide cofactors for a number of additional enzymes critical for
energy production and utilization of protecting antioxidants.
- Research suggests that carotenoids (very high in Yams) may help
prevent insulin resistance and high blood sugar levels warding diabetes.
Also, they are very high in Vit. C & Vit. B-6, vitamins critical to
the conversion of Homocysteine, that corrosive Amino Acid, remember, which
is the major cause of arterial inflammation leading to Heart
- Try this:
- 1)... Bake Sweet Potatoes/Yams until soft.
- 2)... Cut down the middle & Scoop out most of insides.
- 3)... Mash in bowl with ripe bananas...I like a Yam/Banana ratio
of about 2 to 1.
- 4)... Mix in Cinnamon, a little Sea Salt & either
Coconut oil, Real Butter or Olive oil or all 3 -- NEVER Margarine (did
I need to say that?). If you really have a sweet tooth, throw in a little
- 5)... Spoon mixture back into Potato Shell --
sprinkle top with chopped Walnuts (if you like a crunch that won't
break your teeth) & Cinnamon - rebake a few minutes.
- Optional - Pull out all the stops by sprinkling it with
Cayenne Pepper (CP)...also an ancient Aphrodisiac.
- Raw Veggies...(RVs)
- RVs provide Digestive Enzymes (enzymes degraded by heat), powerful
Anti-oxidants (many degraded by heat), both soluble/insoluble
Fiber, but maybe, most importantly... RVs will raise
your body pH! This is a good thing. Harmful microbes &
Cancer Cells don't do well in an Alkaline environment.
- Unfortunately, virtually every food errantly processed
by humans is Acid-forming, unlike Raw Veggies. RVs
- TRIVIA? Stick a pH test strip in Lemon Juice
and it will be very acidic, but in your body after digestion? It
is one of the most Alkaline foods out there. Conversely, a piece of
processed meat, like salami, would test alkaline but after it is *burned*
in the body it leaves Acidic "ashes."
- Regrettably, most people don't crave raw veggies because
of the taste. The obvious way to make them more palatable is to cover them
with some sort of ostensibly "Healthful" salad dressing
found at the grocery store...but here's the problem - there is
likely no such thing as a healthful salad dressing that comes from
a typical grocery store. ( I admire the guy's charitable works...but not
even Paul Newman's Dressings...).
- Back on the salad dressing trail I think health food
stores might have some fairly harmless salad dressings... but not regular
grocery stores. They shill "Liquid-Plastic" in
a squeeze bottle for your pleasure. Read the label,
- The point is...darn it, make your own Extra-Virgin
Olive Oil Vinaigrette! It's easy and tastes great, compared
to that Toxic (I'm not kidding!) Crap (Hyperbole
meter zero) you get at the grocery store. Generally, the oil in ALL
store-bought Vinaigrette is teaming with toxic, oxidized fats, called Lipid
- Oxidized Veggie-Oil like Soy & Corn is 3 or 4 times
more apt to block your arteries than the unjustly maligned Cholesterol. Poly-food
oils (& yes Canola is also one, even if most think it is a "true"
Mono) are Statin Drug Precursors (SDPs)! More of those please! Not!
- Folks! Always use a "true", MONO-food
oils, like Olive & Macadamia Nut or the magical MCT's of CocoNut Oil.
- OK, before we go any further, we should establish that
the 2 sweeteners I like are Stevia & Xylitol, Stevia being the
most expensive, but by far the best, in my opinion. It won't even cause
tooth-decay. Xylitol is a sugar-alcohol found naturally in fruit...in a
few it can cause mild bowel distress like gas .
- For all you "Splenda" fans? Go
to <>http://www.mercola.com/sweet-deception-aspartame and
listen to his discussion on Splenda... then - You be the judge...Does
the toxic Chlorine molecule in Splenda have to be processed by the liver
or does it stay bound up in the "Splenda" molecule and pass harmlessly
through you. Those who say it's harmless are the self-same persons seeming
to have an ax to grind in its regard... but many of those who say
it is toxic don't have that ax to grind. Hmmm... Survey says?
I won't be using it!
- SALAD DRESSING : Olive Oil Vinaigrette with Avocado -
the avocado is optional, of course but it is unreal what avacado
does when you grind or blend a ripe Avocado into the Vinaigrette
below! Yow! It becomes a kind of "Green-Goddess"
dressing that makes those toxic store-bought "Green" dressings
taste like green slime... which they, of course, are.
- 1. Red Wine Vinegar. Balsamic Vinegar tastes
the best but it is pretty high in sugar. If you are a slim, non-diabetic,
active person, then by all means throw some Balsamic in with the other
- 2. Lemon Juice ...fresh is best. By using
some Lemon juice (Alkaline-forming food) instead of only Vinegar
(mild Acid-forming food) it makes the dressing pH a little more Alkaline...plus
it has this great synergy with the blended Avocado. However, I have found
that too much lemon is a little "over-powering".
- 3. Extra Virgin Olive Oil ...Here's where my
dressing is different. Many people, like the snooty French, think there
is a "Law" that Vinaigrettes MUST be at an Oil to Vinegar/lemon
ratio of 3 to 1; however, I reverse that and use a ratio of 1
to 3... so it is mostly lemon & vinegar. This may mean you need
to use a lot of Stevia or Xylitol to cut the "Sour-stuff,"
but that's fine.
- The beauty of making your own dressing is you can try
different Oil to Vinegar Ratios. Yes, the Olive Oil is heart healthy, but
why consume more of it than you need to.
- Please don't make the mistake of thinking you can substitute
Canola Oil for Olive Oil ... No! Dieticians have lied, or
at best misinformed you! Saying that Canola is a Mono-unsat
Oil just like Olive... is just Not True! It is not remotely like
- Briefly, here are "Uncle Al's Food Oil Rules"
-- Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Macadamia Nut Oil in moderation (cold
or using as little heat as necessary) - However, use Unrefined,
Hexan-Free, Organic Coconut Oil with which to fry! That's right! Coconut! You've
been lied to about that too... In fact, try to incorporate a
small amount (maybe 1/2 tablespoon or less) of CCnut into
your diet for the "Energy/Synergy" MCT's (Medium-Chain Triglicerides).
- Have you ever wondered why Polynesians (traditional-diet,
not the white-man's "Snacky-Cake" Diet) have a very low incidence
of Heart disease and a very high incidence of recreational sex? ...Bears
- 4. Ripe Avocado: Mix in blender with
other ingredients until it is thick enough to nicely coat Veggies...I
have a tendency to throw in too much Avocado so it gets TOO thick. I have
always liked chopped Avocado in my salads but blending some into the
dressing will knock you to your knees... small Hyperbole...I
NEVER use chopped/chunks of Avocado anymore...I blend it ALL.
- 3. ...A little bit of Sun Dried Sea Salt. Don't believe
the "No Salt, Low Salt" Crap that "doctors" & dieticians
perpetuate - you need a moderate amount of salt to make
the stomach acid required to digest food! Please only use Sun-dried
or Himalayan Sea Salt! The Salt must be pink, grey or off-white...
NEVER pure white (indicates no Trace Minerals). There are some "fake"
Himalayan Salts out there with high fluoride, etc. so only use Himalayan
salt from the few big Supp providers. I would never buy Himalayan salt
from an org. that only sold Himalayan Salt unlike a few of the big guys
that sell lots of other Supp's that could suffer if caught selling
Table salt colored pink as Himalayan salt.
- 4. Optional - a little bit of mustard. I don't use
the mustard when I use avocado...but it might be good.
- 5. Cayenne pepper - Optional but very,
very healthful for your heart, digestion & possibly your sex life ...
Cayenne pepper... make as hot as you like, too! Unlike
Jalapeños & black pepper that can seem harsh to your gut,
Cayenne is soothing to the gut.
- Cayenne is a magical herb that lowers your
blood pressure, increases stomach secretion & actually effects
your mood... and you know how you are when you're in a good mood. See if
this isn't so!
- 6. Garlic. I could never love a woman who
thought garlic was offensive. Moreover, the history on this
item is mythic!
- The herbalist Culpepper linked garlic with the planet
Mars, a fiery planet connected with passionate blood.
- Roman soldiers ate garlic to inspire their passion and
give them courage; Egyptian slaves were fed garlic to keep them lifting
their bales and hauling their barges.
- Homer reports that Ulysses owed his escape from Circe
to "yellow garlic".
- Garlic, clearly, does not occupy an exiguous
place in food lore. Also, generally recognized as healthy, it is often
considered apparently too healthy for polite society. Now
you KNOW you want it on your plate...
- SALAD :
- You certainly don't need me to tell you the "right"
kind of veggies for a salad... but, let me tell you anyway...
- 1. ...Never waste a salad opportunity by using
nutritionally weak, Iceberg lettuce! Always use dark-green
Leafy lettuces, etc. like Romaine, Arugula or Kale. Green-Leafy Veggies
are probably the # 1 most healthful form of Vegetable-matter there is;
however, it's in a tight race with Cruciferous Veggies,
so add them too!
- 2. Cruciferous Veggies -- Things Like Broccoli, Cabbage,
Cauliflower, Brussels's Sprouts & Bok Choi are the other Hi-fiber,
very healthful, Vegetables... they have a particularly arcane & potent Anti-oxidant
which can help protect you from cancer...et al.
- TRIVIA? Cruciferous comes from the word Crucifix,
because the little flower on the plant is shaped like a Cross.
- 3. Bitter Greens (BGs) -- If you are or have been a
heavy drinker or smoker and/or you have any sorts of liver problems...you
might consider adding copious amounts of BGs to your Salads. Some of these
powerful, "Liver De-Tox Greens" are Parsley, Cilantro, Endive,
Dandelion, Arugula, Watercress...and guess what?? All of
these have been considered Aphrodisiacs at some time in history!
- 4. Other Aphrodisiac Salad Vegetables --
- a)... Arugula - Touted by Virgil & Galen as a powerful
Aphrodisiac - it has the same Cancer-fighting properties as Broccoli.
- b)... Medicinal Mushrooms - Maitake, Reishi, Shiitake
mushrooms - They 'boost' the immune system...et al...get it? et al...
- c)... Cucumber - According to recent research, this cool aphrodisiac
vegetable stimulates a woman's olfactory senses. She can smell
your "Pheromones" or is that "Old Spice"?
- PEANUT BUTTER and/or CHOCOLATE STUFF :
- TRIVIA? Roasted P'nuts are one of the most Anti-oxidant
packed foods out there...of course, Chocolate, gram for gram, is even
- The safest peanuts are Organic Valencia! These
are grown in the drier environments of New Mexico. Non-Organic Peanuts,
unfortunately, are one of the more poison soaked crops around.
- Peanut Butter/Chocolate Health Snack ... ALWAYS
use "Natural" Peanut Butter where the oil floats to the top ,
then pour it off & throw it away...you'll be replacing it with non-toxic Oil.
- The following P'nut Butter Snack is very
rich & sweet but has actually no sugar and is high in the
most digestible form of Protein, and the "fat-burning" Fat
(MCT's) found in Mother's Milk & Coconut Oil. Also, other than the
Whey and the Stevia, the history is that every item in the following
has at one time been considered an aphrodisiac!
- a)... After you've poured off & discarded the Peanut
Oil floating on top, put about 1/2 of a small jar of P'nut Butter in
- b)... 1 cup or so, of flake coconut -- health-food
stores are the only place I can find the Unsweetened kind...if
you can't find the unsweetened, just leave it out or buy a whole Coconut.
- c)... Whey Protein Isolate (WPI ) - 1 or 2 scoops
- Make sure it is FREE of Sugar, Soy Isolate, Splenda, Sucralose, Nutri-Sweet,
Dextrose, Hi-fructose Corn Syrup. -- Stevia & Xylitol are OK.
- d)... Ground Cinnamon - about 1/2 Tbls ...this is
the new "Hot Item" for sugar metabolism & good digestion.
- e)... Raw Walnuts - Chop about a cup or whatever. These
add a great crunch w/o breaking your teeth. This "King of the Nuts"
has more Omega 3 than any other nut... I mean lots more.
- f)... Stevia or Xylitol to sweeten.
- g)... Oils - Slowly stir in one or both oils below
until it is a consistency that you can eat with a spoon. It's easy to get
it too thin, requiring you add some more WPI or flake CCnut to thicken.
- (1). Coconut Oil -- If you refrigerate this
CCnut oil mixture, it will get hard as a brick...I prefer the
CCnut Oil kind that stays soft at room temp - so I don't cool
it. The powerful anti-oxidants in the CCnut Oil will protect the little
bit of remaining peanut oil from going rancid, at room temp, for at
least a week or probably much longer...with me, the stuff never
last more than 2 or 3 days - It's addictive. That's a good thing
in this case, remember.
- (2). Olive Oil -- If you want to refrigerate, but have
it remain soft, then use Olive Oil.
- (3). You might also want to mix the 2 oils above...but
even if you use just a little CCnut Oil, & refrigerate, it will get
hard. However you may like it hard...Stop !...that's not what I meant.
- I apologize, but writing about food & Aphrodisiacs
- the "Double-Entendres" come fast & furious...jeez, see
what I mean?
- OPTIONAL :
- a)... Chocolate -- This magical Aphrodisiac
is extremely high in some of the most powerful Anti-oxidants found in
nature (Many dozens of times more powerful than Vit. C) - but the
problem is the stuff most people eat is loaded with sugar and toxic fats.
Real Sugar-free Dark Baking Chocolate tastes dry (low-fat) &
bitter (no-sugar) so all you have to do is add those things yourself...which
can be easily accomplished by adding the Choc. to the Peanut Butter Concoction
above or some variation of it as long as you leave in the Oil &
the Stevia. When I make the "Chocolate-Kind" I leave out the
Whey...so it's mostly Choc & P'nut Butter.
- Research shows that Chocolate triggers the release of
"feel-good" chemicals in the brain of most women & polls
show that the # 1 most sensual food is... Chocolate. Why
is a "box of chocolates" the traditional Valentine's Gift again?
- When buying chocolate you must be very, very careful because
many brands try to make their product appear to have no sugar but
actually do have sugar. Many "bitter-sweet" chocolates
sound like they are sugar-free but bitter-sweet DOES have Sugar. Of course
if you're slim & non-diabetic then a little sugar, occasionally, won't
hurt you - but if you need a "Chocolate-Fix" everyday, then
it is important that you use the NO-Sugar kind.
- WARNING : You may think I'm beating this horse to death...BUT
I'm not. The label MUST say something to the effect of "100%,
Cocoa, Unsweetened, DARK" It can also say "Baking Chocolate"
but must still say "100%, unsweetened, Dark."
- If it says "70% - no added sugar"...IT HAS
SUGAR! If it says "Sugar-Free"...THAT MEANS NOTHING! If it does
not say "Dark"...IT MAY NOT BE DARK! If it just says "100%
cocoa powder"...IT HAS LIKELY BEEN PROCESSED TO DEATH with Alkalies
- Get non-alkali !! If it says "No added sugar"...IT HAS SUGAR
!!. If it says "gives that Dark Chocolate taste"...IT IS NOT
- To illustrate the genius of the late Bill Hicks,
he proposed that people who write Advertising Copy should make
the world a better place by killing themselves! Here's
an example why. Consider the following statement - "Our
Milk-Chocolate has NO added Sugar"!
- Does this sound like their stuff is Sugar-Free
or Low-Sugar ? Of course, but milk-chocolate is already loaded with
sugar so there's no need for "added" sugar. This would
be like saying "There is NO added sugar in our Honey"- This
is just one example of a least half a dozen different sleazy ways that
chocolate Ads were cleverly written to look like the product contained
NO or low sugar.
- b)... Cayenne Pepper (CP) -- I am so "Twisted"
that I put Cayenne Pepper in sweet snacks like this... try it, you
will be surprised at the taste, and...
- TRIVIA? - Cayenne Pepper's (CP) synergistic effect,
makes other supplements work better... CP w. Hawthorne Berry strengthens
your Heart! CP w. Glucosamine repairs your Joints! CP
w. Magnesium lowers high BP! CP w. Food improves digestion! CP
before sex... ...well, you get the idea.
- WHEY / HEMP / EGG SMOOTHIE :
- Some Vegetable Powdered Proteins like Soy are very low
in the essential Amino Acid Methionine and are not very digestible...
If you want strictly Veggie Protein I would recommend Hemp
Protein... it is the superior vegetable form... otherwise use Whey Protein
or raw Eggs. I also like Protein from Brown Rice & yellow Pea...please
stay away from Soy Isolate...fermented Soy, however, is great.
- To help you lose weight? Blend a giant
Smoothie (put in frig) and every couple of hours ( 5 to 8 times daily)
take a couple of big gulps. This gives a steady "trickle-charge"
of nutrients, in particular the 2 forms of the highest digestible proteins
WPI ( whey protein isolate) or Hemp Protein & raw eggs (these
are optional if a person just can't eat a raw egg or if a Vegetarian). This
5 to 8 mini-meals, with a steady supply of very digestible nutrients,
will keep you from having the "Mad-Eatties" so you don't stuff
yourself on Double-Stuff Oreos or Cheezy Poofs in the 7/11 parking lot at
3:00 in the afternoon while on the way to pick up the kids. You
know who you are...
- a)... WPI or Hemp Protein - 3 or 4 scoops (60 to
80 grams), get a flavor you like but NO sugar, sucralose, maltodextrin,
fructose, or sweetener of any kind except Stevia/Xylitol... ...or
add your own stevia. The best, most digestible & expensive is WPI,
which is "Isolate" as opposed to WPC (concentrate). WPC is pretty
good if that's what you feel you can afford.
- b)... Raw Eggs - 2 or 3 cage-free, free-range or Organic
eggs. Wash outside of egg, crack in a bowl & smell - look for bright,
lemony-yellow yolk, not dull orange.
- c)... Coconut (flaked, sugar-free) and/or Coconut oil...read
"Fat Facts" at <>http://www.alienview.net/zfat.html
to understand how the MCT in coconut oil can help you lose weight through
"Thermogenesis". Besides, an energy to burn, reader...
- d)... Ice water & Stevia/Xylitol to sweeten.
- e)...This is a good place to squirt in some Liquid
Trace Mineral Drops.
- f)... If you don't have Diabetes then a handful of berries
or banana is OK.
- WARNING : This "Trickle-Charge" of a highly
digestible, COMPLETE Protein (meaning large amounts of all the necessary Amino
Acids) will accelerate Tryptophan into your brain. This stimulates the
production of the natural "feel-good" drug, Serotonin...
which, while reducing your craving for sweet Carbo's, may cause
you to inadvertently have salacious thoughts, so be very
careful... ...but DO try this at home. The love-life you invigorate
is your own.
- Now, go forth and practice your multiplication!
- Alan Graham
- Well be.