This Month In UFO History
Some of the more interesting
sightings this month on the UFO Timeline
Compiled by James Neff for


October 27, 1180 - Japanese Early UFO Sighting
A flying "earthenware vessel" was seen moving northeast from a mountain in Kii province of Japan, then suddenly changed it's direction and disappeared over the horizon.
October 10, 1936 - Early RAF UFO Encounter
During Fascism, the courage and efficiency of the Royal Italian Air Force pilots were often used after their successful raids and missions as cheap propaganda tools for Mussolini. This sighting took place in 1936, before flying saucers had been heard of; when aeroplanes were still rudimentary, helicopters were in the experimental stage, and jet propulsion just a dream.
Captain Mario Rossi, who in 1936 was flight instructor at the Italian Military Air Base of Orbetello, makes this claim: "On the night of October 10, 1936, I was flying my Idro S.62 Bis, with three other machines, of the same type. When I was at 3,800 metres over Cape Talamone I noticed an unusual light ahead of my plane, which for a moment I mistook for the exhaust gas of another plane of my group. But I realised this was not the case when I saw that the speed of the object was greater than that of an S.62, and that the position of the 'flaming exhaust' did not correspond to the exhaust in the type of motor installed in this aircraft. I went on following the unknown light, which seemed to be on a higher level than my machine. I could not see its shape, because of the blinding light shining out from the centre of the object, and the short, shooting flames that flashed out on both sides. In size it seemed to be about twice the diameter of a full moon.
All at once I found myself caught in a very dense cloud, from which I emerged, after 12 minutes' instrument flying, to find I was over Portoferraio (Island of Elba). This sighting occurred over the rock islands of Formiche di grosseto at 4.15 a.m. The object was flying at nearly 440 m.p.h, and was going due north".
The above report was part of the documentation of Prof. Ernesto Thayaht, and was reproduced also by Rivista Aeronautica, the official organ of the Italian Air Force.
October 29, 1942 - Washington D.C. Saucer Photograph
The following photograph was taken above Washington, D.C. on October 29 1942. An object at the very right of the frame was initially thought to represent a high-wing monoplane flying down and right from the upper left-hand corner. Unusually it appears too fast for the shutter, its configuration is more disk-like and it is followed by an exceptionally long dark streak (this extends back and upwards to the top of the frame) that is normally associated with jet aircraft (yet to make their appearance in American skies).This image has been re-scanned for greater clarity and now incorporates an enlargement of the anomaly itself.
(Source: )


(Photos used by permission from Farshores UK)
October 29, 1948 - Neubiberg, Germany
On 29 October 1948, five U. S. Air Force pilots allegedly observed a mysterious, silvery object similar in appearance to a so-called flying saucer hanging high over Neubiberg Air Base in Bavaria. The object disappeared at a terrific speed after having remained over the air base more than 30 minutes. A similar object had been seen days before by another group of American pilots.
Also, former astronaut Gordon Cooper had multiple sightings at Neubiberg Air Base in 1951. Well-known debunker James Oberg has not been able to find any clue to this or any other of Cooper's UFO experiences, so probably doesn't know about the 1948 sightings. If he did, he surely would argue that Cooper was inspired by the old incident, though UFO sightings were very common in Europe during this period, especially near military installations.
Cooper has told a wide audience of his Neubiberg experiences. In 1997, he said in an interview, "I did have occasion in 1951 to have two days of observation of many flights of them, of different sizes flying in fighter formation, generally from west to east over Europe. They were at a higher altitude than we could reach with our jet fighters."
(Source: )
October 9, 1951 - Terre Haute, Indiana UFO
Edward J. Ruppelt: The report from Terre Haute said that on October 9, a CAA employee at Hulman Municipal Airport had observed a silvery UFO. Three minutes later a pilot, flying east of Terre Haute, had seen a similar object. The report lacked many details but a few phone calls filled me in on the complete story. 
At 1:43 P.M. on the ninth a CAA employee at the airport was walking across the ramp in front of the administration building. He happened to glance up at the sky-why, he didn't know-and out of the corner of his eye he caught a flash of light on the southeastern horizon. He stopped and looked at the sky where the flash of light had been but he couldn't see anything. He was just about to walk on when be noticed what he described as "a pinpoint" of light in the same spot where he'd seen the flash. In a second or two the "pinpoint" grew larger and it was obvious to the CAA man that something was approaching the airport at a terrific speed. As he watched, the object grew larger and larger until it flashed directly overhead and disappeared to the northwest. The CAA man said it all happened so fast and he was so amazed that he hadn't called anybody to come outof the nearby hangar and watch the UFO. But when he'd calmed down he remembered a few facts. The UFO had been in sight for about fifteen seconds and during this time it had passed from horizon to horizon. It was shaped like a "flattened tennis ball," was a bright silver color, and when it was direefly overhead it was "the size of a 50-cent piece held at arm's length." 
But this wasn't all there was to the report. A matter of minutes after the sighting a pilot radioed Terre Haute that he had seen a UFO. He was flying from Greencastle, Indiana, to Paris, Illinois, when just east of Paris he'd looked back and to his left. There, level with his airplane and fairly close, was a large silvery object, "like a flattened orange," hanging motionless in the sky. He looked at it a few seconds, then hauled his plane around in a tight left bank. He headed directly toward the UFO, but it suddenly began to pick up speed and shot off toward the northeast. The time, by the clock on his instrument panel, was 1:45 P.M.-just two minutes after the sighting at Terre Haute. 
When I finished calling I got an aeronautical chart out of the file and plotted the points of the sighting. The CAA employee had seen the UFO disappear over the northwestern horizon. The pilot had been flying from Greencastle, Indiana, to Paris, Illinois, so he'd have been flying on a heading of just a little less than 270 degrees, or almost straight west. He was just east of Paris when he'd first seen the UFO, and since he said that he'd looked back and to his left, the spot where he saw the UFO would be right at a spot where the CAA man had seen his UFO disappear. Both observers had checked their watches with radio time just after the sightings, so there couldn't be more than a few seconds' discrepancy. All I could conclude was that both had seen the same UFO. 
I checked the path of every balloon in the Midwest. I checked the weather-it was a clear, cloudless day; I had the two observers' backgrounds checked and I even checked for air traffic, although I knew the UFO wasn't an airplane. I researched the University of Dayton library for everything on daylight meteors, but this was no good. From the description the CAA employee gave, what he'd seen had been a clear-cut, distinct, flattened sphere, with no smoke trail, no sparks and no tail. A daylight meteor, so low as to be described as "a 50-cent piece held at arm's length," would have had a smoke trail, sparks, and would have made a roar that would have jolted the Sphinx. This one was quiet. Besides, no daylight meteor stops long enough to let an airplane turn into it. 
(Source: )

October 11, 1951 - Cigar Shaped Objects
Minneapolis, Minn., October 11, 1951. Extremely important sighting by two airborne balloon observers, General Mills-Navy balloon project; observers were in a plane, sighted two smoky-gray cigar shaped objects moving at terrific speed. Also one of the objects was sighted and briefly seen in a theodolite by a ground observer.
October 31, 1952 - Georgia UFO Flap of '52 Ends
United State Air Force Lieutenant in Fayetteville, GA spots a UFO at tree-top level travelling at tremendous speeds (See September for Previous Months UFO activity in 52 in GA)
(Source: )
October 1, 1954 - French UFO Invasion, Continued from September
Oct. 01, 1954 Blanzy (France). Two bricklayers, Sebastiani and Buratto, approached a cigar-shaped object 3 m long, 80 cm wide, which took off from the ground with a whistling sound. The pointed section of the object was yellow, the rest brown. From the fore part, two appendages extended to the ground. (30)
Oct. 01, 1954 Bry (France). A man and his dog were "paralyzed" as a luminous white object dived toward them and climbed again. (Personal) Oct. 01, 1954 Ressons-sur-Matz (France). Approximate date. A farmer saw a white craft in a field. Flattened grass was later found at the site. (Personal)
Oct. 01, 1954 Jussey (France). Two young men saw a luminous white disk moving in the sky. It dived to the ground and two men, described as being very tall and dressed in white, emerged from it and made gestures. The witnesses ran away in fear. (Personal)
Oct. 01, 1954 La Roulerie (France). Near Saint Jan d'Angely, two businessmen, Messrs. Estier and Phelippeau, who were driving back from Royan, saw a little man crossing the road in front of their car. Having stopped, they saw the figure disappear into the woods. (28)
Oct. 01, 1954 Bry (France). A man and his dog were "paralyzed" 1600 as a luminous white object dived toward them and climbed again. (Personal) Oct. 01, 1954 Ressons-sur-Matz (France). Approximate date. A farmer saw a white craft in a field. Flattened grass was later found at the site. (Personal)
Oct. 01, 1954 Jussey (France). Two young men saw a luminous white disk moving in the sky. It dived to the ground and two men, described as being very tall and dressed in white, emerged from it and made gestures. The witnesses ran away in fear. (Personal)
Oct. 01, 1954 La Roulerie (France). Near Saint Jan d'Angely, two 2000 businessmen, Messrs. Estier and Phelippeau, who were driving back from Royan, saw a little man cross ing the road in front of their car. Having stopped, they saw the figure disappear into the woods. (28)
Oct. 01, 1954 Branges, near Louhans (France). Coming home at 2200 night, Gilbert Prudent saw a lighted object on the side of the road. It had a flat section and a sort of "mushroom" on top. As he approached it, the object became dark and took off vertically with a soft whistling sound. (Personal)
Oct. 01, 1954 Bergerac (France). Returning home, fireman Jean 2200 Dufix, 26, saw an oval light in the sky and thought it was a shooting star. Later he was alarmed when his yard seemed to be ablaze. Rushing out again, he saw a disk rise from the ground with a whistling sound. It flew off, became luminous again, and took off at fan- tastic speed. A neighbor, Jean Labonne, 61, saw the disk, 3 m in diameter, resting on three legs in the yard. (31)
Oct. 02, 1954 Levroux (France). At the Bourg du Cerisier, two women (Janiki and Lacotte) independently reported to police that a luminous disk about 3 m in diameter had flown very low over the village. (32)
Oct. 02, 1954 Jonches (France). Two creatures were seen on the ground, and two hours later a luminous red object was observed at the same spot, at very low altitude. (Quincy)
Oct. 02, 1954 Louhans (France). In the immediate vicinity of case 0230 175, Mr. Nicolas saw a craft with a dome on top, on the ground between the road and the railroad tracks. Through some openings a strong yellow light shone. (33;M 109)
Oct. 02, 1954 Croix d'Epine (France). A mechanic, Ernest Delat- 2000 tre, 19, was riding home on his motor scooter when an egg-shaped object, brilliantly illuminated, landed on the left side of the road 15 m away. He saw short, dark shapes "like potato bags" moving about the object. He sped up, saw the object, the size of a small bus, taking off while its color changed from orange to blue and then to grayish-blue. The witness fainted while telling his story. Two persons in neighboring villages independently reported observing the object. (Personal)
Oct. 02, 1954 Guebling (France). A disk emitting a weak green 2345 glow landed in a field. Witnesses: Messrs. Domant and Gilcher. (M 105)
October 54 - Worldwide Sightings
October 4, 1954, Poncey, France: Yvette Fourneret
As Fourneret was about to close a window in her home, she saw an object about 10 feet in diameter hovering near a plum tree. Its glow threw a pale light on the tree. She ran next door, and moments later two men armed with shotguns entered the field. They didn't find the object but did discover a hole where soil had been pulled from the ground.
October 9, 1954, Pournoy, France
Four children saw a bright glow from a nearby cemetery. Approaching, they saw an object about 8 feet in diameter standing on three legs. A small creature carrying a bright light exited the craft. It spoke to them, but they couldn't understand it. They finally ran away, and when they looked back, they saw that the object was already in the sky, flying away.
October 9, 1954, Carcassonne, France: Jean Bertrand
Bertrand was driving when he spotted a spherical object sitting on the road in front of him. Through a translucent top, he could see a human-shaped shadow moving. As he approached, the object took off.
October 9, 1954, Rinkerode, Germany
A movie projectionist saw a cigar-shaped craft sitting near the road. Near the object, which gave off a blue light, were four small beings wearing rubber overalls. They had large chests and thin arms and legs, and they  seemed to be working on the underside of the object.
October 11, 1954, Taupignac, France
Three men traveling in a car spotted a disc-shaped craft sitting in a field. Four tiny humanoids were working nearby. When they saw the men, they ran to the disc and shot a beam of light at the men so that they couldn't give chase. The craft then took off.
October 12, 1954, Tehran, Iran
A witness claimed that he clearly saw a creature moving around inside a disc-shaped object that was hovering close to the ground. The being was tiny and dressed in black. When a crowd began to gather, the craft flew away.
1954-10-15; Kingfisher, OK
Oct. 15, 16 and 17, 1954; Kingfisher, Oklahoma. 8:45 p.m. Fifty objects with illuminated bottoms were seen flying in a V-formation, very fast, on successive nights. Only data is on summary card.
1954-10-28; Miho Air Base, JA
Oct. 28, 1954; Miho Air Base, Japan. 5:32 p.m. Witnesses: USAF pilots Lt. Col. O.C. Cook and Lt. J.W. Brown, on ground using 7x50 binoculars. One brilliant white, round-oval object climbed in front of clouds, brightened, turned 90 to the north. Seen for 45 seconds.
Oct. 29, 1954; Terciera Islands, Azores. 9 p.m.
Witnesses: four Portuguese nationals. One object, shaped like a stovepipe with a center bulge and short wings (10' long, 3' in diameter, 3' wings) having concave wingtips, and grey colored. Made a gargling sound when hovering, then disappeared in the glare of airplane landing lights. Sighting lasted 4-5 minutes.
(Source: )


October 14, 1954 - RAF Jet Near Collision With Giant Metallic Object

Flight Lt. J.R. Salandin of the 604th Fighter Squadron, RAF, flying a Meteor twin-jet fighter out aircraft of North Weald, Essex, UK, on October 14, 1954, nearly collided head-on with a huge, metallic appearing object. The UFO was shaped like two saucers pressed together, one inverted on top of the other. At the last second, it flipped to one side and streaked past at tremendous speed. Two round UFOs had been sighted speeding between two other Meteor jets in the vicinity just before Lt. Salandin's sighting.
(Source: )
October 8 & 11, 1955
Loogootee, Indiana. 4:38 p.m. Witnesses: R.D. Prather, H. Ahern. One round, silver or white object flew straight and level at more than 1,000 m.p.h. for an unstated length of time.
Pt. Lookout, Maryland. 4 p.m. Witnesses: B. Hale, A. Ostrom. One round object which looked white in the daylight and turned red with sparks toward the end of the 2.5 hour sighting, made a deep roar, unlike an aircraft.
(Source: )
October 14, 1955 - US Senators See Flying Saucers In Soviet Russia
One of the most powerful U.S. senators in modern history actually eye-witnessed two UFO's while on a fact-finding trip through Russia in 1955-and the U.S. government kept the sightings a secret for more than three decades.  The incredible encounter is detailed in 12 TOP SECRET CIA, FBI, and Air Force reports-and declassified in 1985.  Those startling reports reveal that Senator Richard B. Russell, Jr. (D-GA)-then chairman of the Armed Services Committee-was on a Soviet train when he spotted a disc-shaped craft taking off near the tracks.  He hurriedly called his military aide and interpreter to the window-and they saw the UFO, plus another one that appeared a minute later.  The astonished trio reported the sightings to the U.S. Air Force as soon as they were out of Russia.
"The three observers were firmly convinced that they saw a genuine flying disc," says an Air Force Intelligence report, dated October 14, 1955, and classified TOP SECRET at the time.  Senator Russell served 38 years in the Senate.  He was its senior, and one of the most influential, senators at the time of his death in 1971.  He was chairman of the Armed Services Committee from 1951 to 1969, and unsuccessfully sought the Democratic Presidential nomination in 1952.  The  mind-boggling documents detailing his UFO encounter were made available by the Fund for UFO Research and its chaiman, Dr. Bruce Maccabee.  Several key documents were obtained by the group through the Freedom of Information Act.  "These long secret documents are of major importance because they show for the first time that one of the most powerful U.S. Senators witnessed and reported a UFO," said Dr. Maccabee.
The Air Force Intelligence report says Russell and his two traveling companions spotted the UFO's on October 4, 1955, while traveling by rail across Russia's Transcaucasus region.  "One disc ascended almost vertically, at a relatively slow speed, with its outer surface revolving slowly to the right, to an altitude of about 6000 feet, where its speed then increased sharply as it headed north," the report states.  "The second flying disc was seen performing the same actions about one minute later.  The take-off area was about 1-2 miles south of the rail line"
Russell "saw the first flying disc ascend and pass over the train," and went "rushing in to get Mr Efron (Ruben Efron, his interpreter) and Col. Hathaway (Col. E. U. Hathaway, his aide) to see it," the report said.  "Col. Hathaway stated that he got to the window with the Senator in time to see the first (UFO), while Mr. Efron said that he got only a short glimpse of the first.  However, all three saw the second disc and all agreed that they saw the same round, disc-shaped craftas the first."  The Air Force report was written by Lieut. Col. Thomas Ryan, who interviewed Senator Russell's companions in Prague, Czechoslovakia, on October 13, after they arrived there from Russia shortly after the sighting.
In his report, Col. Ryan called the sightings "an eyewitness account of the ascent and flight of an unconventional craftby three highly reliable United States observers.  He added that Col. Hathaway led off his account of the sightings by saying:  "I doubt if your going to believe this, but we all saw it.  Senator Russell was the first to see this flying disc we've been told for years that there isn't such a thing, but all of us saw it"
CIA documents show that the agency later interviewed the three eyewitnesses in the Russell party-and also a fourth person, unidentified in the reports, who had seen the UFO's.  An eyewitness-whose name was blacked out on the CIA report prior to its declassification-said one of the UFO's  "had a slight dome on top" and also a "white light on top."  The edge of the disc was glowing pinkish-white, he added.  The UFO rose "vertically with the glow moving slowly around the perimeter in a clockwise direction, giving the appearance of a pinwheel."
Interpreter Ruben Efron told the CIA that visibility was excellent.  As one UFO approached the train, he said, "the object gave the impression of gliding.  No noise was heard and no exhaust was heard, and no exhaust glow or trail was seen by me."  After the encounter, Senator Russell told the men with him:  "We saw a flying disc.  I wanted you boys to see it so that I would have witnesses," according to the CIA documents.  And an FBI memo, dated November 4, 1955, also discusses the sighting-and admitted Col. Hathaway's testimony "would support existence of a flying disc"  Dr. Maccabee, of the Fund for UFO Research, believes that Senator Russell and his group never publicly revealed their incredible sightings "because they were no doubt advised not to talk.  These documents provide startling new evidence that UFO's exist."
Mr. Tom Towers, in his January 20, 1957, column, "Aviation News," for the Los Angeles, CA, Examiner, printed the contents of a letter from Senator Russell, which was in response to a request for information about the sightings in Russia.  Mr. Towers had originally contacted Senator Russell's office by letter with the request that he be given permission to "break" the story.  The Senator wrote:  "Permit me to acknowledge your letters relative to reports that have come to you regarding aerial objects seen in Europe last year.  I received your letter, but I have discussed this matter with the affected agencies of the government, and they are of the opinion that it is not wise to publicize this matter at this time.  I regret very much that I am unable to be of assistance to you."  The letter was dated 17 January, 1956.
(Source: )

October 1, 1957 - UFO Circles Nuclear Facility
A former Rochester councilman, John Karcher, owned a farm in Daugherty township, outside the city of Rochester.  On October 1st, about 7:00 p.m., Mr. Karcher was with a friend, Lee Plunkett.  The men were outdoors with a clear view of the sky.
From the direction of the nearby town of Ohioville something strange approached at an altitude of 2,000 feet.  The two men spotted it and were astonished.  The thing was a big luminous torpedo they estimated was 200 feet long.  The top half was green-colored and the bottom half was reddish-orange.  These two colors were separated by a strip of yellow.  The thing was moving slowly, perhaps as slow as 15 miles per hour.  Karcher hand enough time to get a pair of binoculars and to also phone some neighbors, a Mrs. Norderbugger and her daughter and son-in-law.  These three neighbors managed to observe the object as it passed by on a steady course to the south, in the direction of Shippingport Atomic Plant.  Karcher saw nothing worth mentioning with the binoculars and like everyone else believed the show was over when the UFO moved out of sight.  To the surprise of all, the torpedo reappeared after a few minutes, retracing its course, apparently returning to its homebase, if it had one.  In Mr. Karcher's opinion, the mystery ship made a U-turn over the nuclear facility, considering its speed and distance involved.  This suggestion was taken serioulsy by the Air Force and the FBI."  (The Beaver County Times, Beaver, Pennsylvania, 8 November 1957.)
(Source: )
October 5, 1957 - Antonio Villas-Boas' Celestial Sexual Encounter
In October 1957 a young South American farmer called Antonio Villas-Boas came forward with a story that shocked the world of UFOlogy. UFOlogy had only just started to except that people were seeing landed UFO's but this story was to prove the turning point in many ways.
On October 5th, Villas-Boas was in his room after a party and for some reason decided to look out of his window. There he saw a bright fluorescent light hovering just above the tree line of a nearby wood. He called his brother Jaoa who also witnessed this sighting. Neither of the men could explained this sighting and the object soon disappeared.
A few days later, Villas-Boas was working late in his field when he observed a strange circular object coming towards him. He tried to drive away in his tractor but the engine and lights both failed. He felt unable to move as the object started to land just a few feet away from where he was seated.
As the UFO approached the ground, three telescopic legs came from the object and rested on the ground. Suddenly he felt several hands grabbing him and before he knew what was happening he was being led inside the craft. He shouted for help but no one came.
He was led into a large brightly lit room with a metal rod running from the floor to the ceiling. The creatures started to talk amongst themselves in a strange growling language. Soon after this the creature removed his clothes, "washed" him in an oily substance and left the room.
Villas-Boas suddenly became very tired and he rested on a "couch" like object. Soon after that the door opened to a reveal a naked semi-humanoid woman. He soon found himself having intercourse with the creature. After he an ejaculated the woman rose up and as she was about to leave the room pointed to her stomach and then to the sky.
He was then taken on a brief "tour" of the craft with the creatures talking amongst themselves and never speaking to him. He was then led out of the craft which soon took off and rose at a tremendous speed.
It was several weeks before he told his mother and brother what had happened and it was a further 2 years before he made it public. He was later interviewed by many UFO researchers, the first of which was Dr. Olavo Fontes of APRO.
Every investigator has reported that Villas-Boas is one of the most genuine people that they have every interviewed. His story never changed and when he could not answer a question he never tried to embellish. He was regarded as a man of low intelligence and this led many investigators to claim that the story that he told was too full of detail and strangeness to be made up by such a simple person.
This case has never been explained and he never made any money from his experience. This case has been looked at again since the spate of abduction reports since the 1980's and large portions of his story still hold true in today's modern "Alien Abduction" stories.
October 15, 1959 - President Jimmy Carter's UFO Experience
During his election campaign of 1976 he told the following to reporters: It was the darndest thing I've ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colors and it was about the size of the moon.. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was. One thing's for sure, I'll never make fun of people who say they've seen unidentified objects in the sky. If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and the scientists.
(Source: )
October 5, 1960 - Nuclear Response Averted As UFOs Vanish From Radar
On October 5th 1960, a formation of UFOs was seen by early warning radar in Thule, Greenland with a heading that seemed to be coming from the Soviet Union toward the United States. Within minutes, SAC (Supreme Allied Commandment) crews around America were scrambling to their nuclear weapons laden B-52s and taking to the skies. When SAC Headquarters signaled Thule for further confirmation, their calls were answered with silence. Had Thule already been taken out? Anxious moments as the Generals prepared to send the B-52 crews to their targets inside Russia, when suddenly the radar blips changed course and disappeared.
Bob Dean (a UFO Researcher) talks about this particular incident in depth, he is a former U.S. Army Intelligence Officer who witnessed this event, and had special clearance which allowed him access to a project researched in Paris by S.H.A.P.E., which examined UFO's in great detail. Since the late 1950's, this powerful figure in Ufology has investigated the subject, and his conclusions are all too apparent..... "WE ARE NOT ALONE".
(Source: )
October 14, 1961 - Strange Clouds and Saucers Seen
A pair of clouds resembling "puffy-like daubs of cotton" floated by over Sunset, Utah. The clouds appeared to be linked by a cord of long, stringy material. Following directly behind the clouds were two smooth, metallic, disc-like objects. The next day, as UFO investigators watched, two more puffy white clouds appeared overhead and flew off in the same direction as the pair the day before. No explanation has been found for what was seen.
October 12, 1964 - Cosmonauts See UFO
Both the crews on Voskhod 1 (October 12th 1964, Moscow time) and 2 (March 18th 1965, Moscow time) are said to have seen unidentied cylindrical objects in orbit, as McDevitt of the US Gimini spaceprobe. On the press conference for Voskhod 1, the chief cosmonaut and spokesman Komarov walked out without answering when a western journalist asked him if they had encountered UFO's in space. Komarov died 4 years later in the accident with Soyoz 1.
(Source: )
October 7, 1965 - Credible Evidence Of "Alien Craft" Over Edwards AFB

"Not a single Official Agency has tried to debunk or discredit the event, or my presentation of the tapes." - Samuel M. Sherman
I am a film producer who is a product of the 1950s: the Saucer Scares, the Cold War, and the beginning of the U.S. Government's official denial of ET visitation of Planet Earth. I guess I have always thought our world was being visited by intelligent beings from elsewhere. When I had a UFO sighting in 1961 and was ridiculed for trying to discuss it, I became determinued to probe and study the UFO issue for as long as it took to discover the truth. 
As a logical outcome of that longterm goal, I spent years researching and collating data in preparation of the production of a major film documentary on the UFO/ET issue. I finally got to the point of starting production in 1992. However, so strong is our programmed cultural and political denial of ET visitation that even members of my own staff treated me as an object of derision. This only made me more determined than ever to solve the UFO enigma, and I then began going straight to the very institutions which were witholding the truth from us: our own Military and Space agencies. My goal was to somehow obtain legitimate hard data from them that would be virtually impossible to debunk. 
Back on the night of October 7, 1965, an event of historic proportions, a true landmark in UFO history, took place - the actual incursion over Edwards Air Force Base in the Palmdale/Lancaster area of California's Mojave Desert of a number of extraterrestrial craft. If this astonishing event is now, finally, gaining any measurable attention, it is a direct result of my efforts. I make that statement in all is simply the truth. In fact, this unprecedented event is not to be found in any of the major UFO books, and with the exception of a few UFO magazines reviewing my work, and interviews done with me on programs like Jeff Rense, this event still remains virtually unknown. 
What makes this historic intrusion and visit so important is that the US Air Force thoroughly documented it and even gave it a code name: "The Incident." During that fall night in 1965, it seems that 12 luminous UFOs came right down low and just over a secure military runway. These craft were all sighted visually by Air Force personnel and by several types of radar. Further, the Air Force scrambled several jet fighters after them and during the event the possible use of nuclear weapons even became an issue. The entire incident was additionally documented with written reports, radar photos, and AUDIO TAPES made by Air Force personnel while they were actually SEEING the objects, FLYING AFTER the objects, and considering taking SERIOUS MILITARY ACTION against what they might imply as a threat. 
From my calculations at least 40 hours of recordings were made (a five hour event recording from at least 8 locations). However, only six hours of tapes were de-classified many years ago as a mass of noise and unclear voices, which truly defied interpretation. They had SCRAMBLED the tapes into what they felt was a hopeless jumble of random pieces of conversation utterly out of sequence and logical progression. When I realized what had been done, it presented a challenge which made me determined to find out what was hidden within that chaotic mass of sound. 
After many months and countless hours of laborious research, cataloging, and editing the snips and pieces of the audio tape, I was able to organize the sound so the conversations could be understood. I had successfully restored the tapes to their original and correct sequencing. I then added carefully researched narration, which explained what was taking place, so that the listener would clearly understand the unfolding event. 
As narrator, I sought out Jackson Beck, the true dean of radio announcers and films commentators - the voice of the Paramount Newsreel, countless original Military films, and even the original narrator of the Superman radio program. Mr. Beck is now heard on many important new national radio and TV commercials. His voice is known to millions, even if his name is not. I felt he would add credibility to the narration of this astonishing historical event. In fact, he told me that he has made a life long study of the UFO field and has had several important sightings himself. 
The resulting reconstructed tapes are now ironclad documented proof of the existence of extraterrestrial UFO visitation to this planet. I have sent copies of my finished product directly to a number of major Government Agencies and have received NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS! Not a single Official Agency has tried to debunk or discredit the event, or my presentation of the tapes. 
Furthermore, The CSETI organization has used my tape presentation in meetings with members of Congress with the aim of having our government tell the public the truth of ET involvement on the Earth. TSgt Charles Sorrels, heard prominently on the original Edwards recordings of October 7, 1965, and in newly-produced segments confirming the event, made the presentation in Washington which featured my documentary version of the Edwards Tapes. And yes, the plane spotters at Edwards KNEW that UFOs or UFOBs, as they called them then, were not our "black" projects, Soviet bombers, or any known aircraft - they were unknown, fabulously high-tech craft with capabilities beyond any known technology. they said on the old Superman series: "far beyond that of Mortal Man!" 
(Source: )

October 21, 1965 - UFO Photographed In St. George, Minn.
Driving home from a hunting trip, Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Strauch and their son Gary (age 16), and Mr. and Mrs. Donald Grew, all of Gibbon, Minnesota, sighted a hovering object and got out to observe it. Binoculars were used, and Mr. Strauch took one photograph on an 804 Instamatic Kodak camera using Ektachrome X film. The object moved toward the witnesses almost directly overhead, making a high-pitched whining sound and traveling at very high speed. It disappeared in the southeast within seconds.
(Source: )


October 17, 1966 - Strange Lights
At 9:05 p.m., two witnesses watched a UFO fly directly overhead. They described the object as appearing as two extremely bright red lights with a string of dim bluish white lights in between them. No structure could be seen but the lights moved in a way that suggested they were attached to an unseen object.
(Source: )
October 1973 - A Major UFO Flap
October of 1973 was apparently a boom year for UFO sightings and close encounters around the United States.
Various Reports:
The Great UFO Wave Of October '73 - Kenny Young
The UFO Wave of '73
Interview with John A. Keel - '73 Flap
October 11, 1973 - The Pascagoula, Mississippi Abduction

The Pascagoula Incident involved two men, nineteen-year-old Calvin Parker andforty-two-year old Charles Hickson, both of Gautier, Mississippi, who were fishing in the Pascagoula River when they heard a buzzing noise behind them. Both turned and were terrified to see a ten-foot-wide, eight-foot-high, glowing egg-shaped object with blue lights at its front hovering just above the ground about forty feet from the river bank. As the men, frozen with fright, watched, a door appeared in the object, and three strange Beings floated just above the river towards them. 
The Beings had legs but did not use them. They were about five feet tall, had bullet-shaped heads without necks, slits for mouths, and where their noses or ears would be, they had thin, conical objects sticking out, like carrots from a snowman's head. They had no eyes, grey, wrinkled skin, round feet, and clawlike hands. 
Two of the beings seized Hickson; when the third grabbed Parker, the teenager fainted with fright. Hickson claimed that when the Beings placed their hands under his arms, his body became numb, and that then they floated him into a brightly lit room in the UFO's interior, where he was subjected to a medical examination with an eyelike device which, like Hickson himself, was floating in mid-air. 
At the end of the examination, the Beings simply left Hickson floating, paralysed but for his eyes, and went to examine Parker, who, Hickson believed was in another room. Twenty minutes after Hickson had first observed the UFO, he was floated back outside and released. He found Parker weeping and praying on the ground near him. Moments later, the object rose straight up and shot out of site. 
Expecting only ridicule if they were to tell anyone what had happened, Hickson and Parker initially decided to keep quiet; but then, because the government might want, or ought, to know about it, they telephoned Kessler Air Force Base in Biloxi. A sergeant there told them to contact the sheriff. But uncertain about the reception their bizarre story might get from the local law, they drove to the local newspaper office to speak to a reporter. When they found the office closed, Hickson and Parker felt they had no alternative but to talk to the sheriff.
The sheriff, after listening to their story, put Hickson and Parker in a room wired for sound in the belief that if the two men were left alone they would reveal their hoax; of course they did not. The local press reported their tale; the wire services picked it up; and within several days the Pascagoula Encounter was major news all over the country. The Aerial Phenomena Research Organisation (APRO), founded in 1952, sent University of California engineering professor James Harder to Mississippi to investigate; J. Allen Hynek, representing the Air Force, also arrived. Together they interviews the witnesses. Harder hypnotised Hickson but had to terminate the session when Hickson became too frightened to continue. 
Hickson and Parker both subsequently passed lie detector tests. Hynek and Harder believed the two men's story. And Hynek was later quoted as saying "There was definitely something here that was not terrestrial".
(Source: Also see:
New Pascagoula UFO Witness Found - Gives Vivid Interview
Also See: )
October 27, 1974 - UK Family of Five Abducted By Aliens
Another trip into the unknown was experienced by an Essex, England family of five in October 1974. In the late night hours, the family was driving home, when they were suddenly covered by a strange, green mist. Screaming in fear, the family members could see nothing, but they could feel a hard bump. Their next memory was waking in a spot about 1/2 mile farther down the same road, yet over an hour later.
It would be more than two years until family members were put into regressive hypnosis. This memory retrieving procedure would recall a scenario of alien abduction. The car was "beamed" into a UFO, and a typical physical examination was carried out on the members.
(Source: )
October 27, 1975 - The Loring AFB Sightings
In the 1970s, the Cold War was in full bloom. United States military installations that stored weapons of mass destruction pulled out all stops to hide their location from enemy spies and spy planes. Loring Air Force Base, located in the Northeastern part of Maine, fit this pattern, housing their nuclear weapons under camouflaged huts, covered with dirt. This fenced in area was under constant watch by the 42nd Security Police Squadron. At precisely 7:45 P.M. on October 27, 1975, Staff Sergeant Danny K. Lewis was performing his normal duties of keeping a watchful eye on the hidden weapons area. His attention was diverted by the sudden appearance of an unidentified flying craft at an altitude of about 300 feet. The craft was approaching from the North, with a bright red navigation light, and a white strobe light. To Lewis' surprise, the craft entered the official airspace of Loring.
At the same time, Staff Sergeant James P. Sampley of the 2192nd Communications Squadron was on duty in the control tower of the base. Sampley received a radar return from an unidentified craft, which he calculated from his radar screen as being 10-13 miles east-northeast of the base. As per his orders, he made calls via radio through all available communication bands, both military and civilian, hailing the craft. He got no response. As he kept an alert eye on his screen, the craft began to circle the base, and finally came to within 300 yards of the highly restricted nuclear storage area. The craft's altitude was now a mere 150 feet.
By this time, Sergeant Lewis was notifying his Command Post that the unknown craft had penetrated the perimeter of the base, and was closing in on the nuclear storage area. The base was instantaneously put on a Security 3 alert status. Security officials contacted Sampley in the Control tower to verify the sighting via radar. Making his way to the tower, Sergeant Grover K. Eggleston began studiously watching the craft on radar. It had now began circling ten miles east-northeast of the base. The base's Wing Commander ordered a search of the grounds, and requested air support from Hancock Field, New York, and North Bay, Ontario. Neither of the bases would oblige his request at the time. The Maine State Police and airport flight services were contacted in an attempt to identify the unknown object. Again, no identification was forthcoming. The ground search also came up empty handed.
For an additional 40 minutes, the unknown craft circled in the vicinity of the base. Finally it left it's pattern, and headed toward Grand Falls, New Brunswick. Now about 12 miles from Loring, it disappeared from the radar screen. The base was quiet for the rest of the night, but the Stage 3 alert was kept until the next morning. SAC Headquarters was notified of the details of the unknown craft. Unbelievably, the next night at exactly the same time, the craft returned. Lewis was again on duty, along with Sergeants Blakeslee and Long. The craft was approaching Loring from the North, this time at about 3,000 feet. The craft got as near as 3 miles from the base, again showing flashing lights of orange, red, and white. All three of the men on duty witnessed the craft. Lewis reported his sighting to Command, and this time the Wing Commander came to the storage area to verify the sighting. He confirmed the findings of the three duty officers. Radar again confirmed the unknown craft.
The appearance of an other worldly craft would also be confirmed by Sergeant Steven Eickner, and others. A group of military witnesses reported an orange and red object shaped like a stretched out football, which amazingly hovered in midair! It's lights suddenly were darkened, and then the craft reappeared over the runaway, hovering about 150 feet off the ground. They also estimated the length of the craft at about 75-80 feet, solid, with no visible doors or windows, no visible means of propulsion, and totally silent. Again the base was put on full alert, and a security detail searched the base, finding nothing. Finally, the craft turned off it's lights, and vanished from view. Radar picked up the unknown craft heading in the direction of Grand Falls, New Brunswick. A second report was sent to SAC headquarters.
The unsettling events of October 27 and 28 would finally get the attention of military personnel who were in a position to give support to Loring. October 29 would bring a National Guard helicopter for support, just in case. Canadian authorities were given permission to cross the border if needed. Royal Canadian Mounted Police provided an officer to ride along in the helicopter. Those who waited for another visit would not be disappointed. The helicopter was called into action, and immediately responded. Accompanying the RCMP officer were Loring Air Security officers, and an officer from the Maine State Police. The chopper followed the leads sent from radar, but even when approaching within 100 yards, they could see nothing in the skies. The next night brought an Air Force helicopter, and a crew from Plattsburgh AFB. October 30 brought more sightings from the ground, and radar confirmation. There would be more ground sightings of strange lights for the remainder of 1975 in the same area, but investigations by the USA and Canada released no findings for public knowledge. The sightings at Loring Air Force Base were only a part of a full-fledged flap in the northern region of the United States, and southern area of Canada. This sighting flap holds a credible place in UFO history.
(Source: )
October 8, 1978 - UFO Photographed Twice in Iran
A UFO was photographed by young Franklin Youri outside his home near Lake Urmia in western Iran which resembled both an earlier photo by 16 year old Jamshid Saiadipour of Sheraz, and matched descriptions of a UFO reported by pilots during their landing approach to the Teheran airport the same year.
October 21, 1978 - Pilot And Plane Vanish After UFO Encoutner
''On October 21, 1978 the night of Valentich's experience, twenty people located in different areas around Bass Strait observed a green light in the same direction and at the same time the pilot was reporting the approach and description of an object with a green light.'' - PAUL NORMAN (V.U.F.O.R.S)
The story of Frederick Valentich is the most famous of all Australian UFO encounters.
The twenty year-old pilot and his blue and white Cessna 182 disappeared over Bass Strait, off south-eastern Australia on October 21, 1978. His last communication occurred at 7:12 p.m., during the largest UFO flap in Australian history. Valentich was on his way to King Island, between the Australian mainland and Tasmania, when he told air traffic controllers in Melbourne that he was being buzzed by a UFO with four bright lights about 1000 feet above him. He continued to comment about the objects characteristics before all contact was lost. No trace of Valentich or his aircraft have ever been recovered. Some of the most fascinating aspects of this quarter of a century year old story were as follows:
* Frederick Valentich's father claimed that his son had told him that he had studied UFO's at the Sale Air Force base.
* Another plane vanished over the Solomon Islands on the same night.
* The tape recording of Valentich's final conversation, in which he discusses the UFO with air traffic controller Steve Robey, was mysteriously lost.
* A witness to the disappearance came forward over twenty years later to support Valentich's UFO story.

(Source: For more info... )
October 8? (10-15), 1981 - Best Flying Saucer Photo Ever?
Mrs. Hannah McRoberts (aged 25) of Campbell River, BC, was with her family at a rest-area some thirty miles to the north of Kelsey Bay on the east coast of Vancouver Island, from October 8 to 15, 1981. During this five-day period she says she took a number of pictures of her family and of the local scenery, using her 35 mm Mamiya camera with a 50-55 mm lens, 125 speed, and ASA 100 film. At one point during the holiday they observed that one of the mountain peaks was surmounted by a cloud somewhat suggestive, as they described it, of "a volcano issuing steam", so Mrs. McRoberts snapped that as well. None of the party noticed anything else in the air at the time, and the presence of the UFO was therefore only discovered by them when the prints and negatives came back to them after processing.
The resulting photograph shows an object to the right of and above the peak and the plume of cloud. This photo came to the attention of Mr. David A. C. Powell of Vancouver, who is on the staff of the McMilllan Planetarium in that city, who in turn contacted Bill Allan and provided him with an enlargement, and also got in contact the APRO of Tucson, Arizona, the respected American UFO investigation group who claim now to be the oldest in the world.

After many examinations of the photo, the negative was finally delivered to Richard F. Haines, Editor of the Journal of Scientific Exploration for analysis. That full report can be seen here. Haines determined that what Hannah had captured unwittingly in her photo of the mountain was a genuine airborne object and not the result of emulsion deformity or optical illusion of the camera's inner mechnisms.
From Report: Abstract--This report reviews various investigative activities and analyses surrounding a photograph of a purported unidentified flying object (UFO) taken on October 8, 1981, at about 11:00 a.m. local time on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. The evidence consisted of a single frame of 35 mm color film which showed a sharply focused disc-like object against a clear blue sky with wooded mountain peak nearby. Analyses of the original negative included micro-densitometry, computer enhancements, and other measurements intent upon showing a support thread, atmospheric disturbance, or other evidences of a hoax. These analyses suggest that the disc was a three dimensional object located at a distance of at least 30 feet from the camera; the object's surface albedo was diffuse and of lower luminance than a sunlit cloud. Extensive interviews with the photographer (who never saw the aerial object), her husband and daughter and site survey tended to support the entire narrative account. The identity of the disc object remains unidentified.
The family was on their way to visit her sister at Holberg, located at the northwest tip of Vancouver Island. Mrs. D.M. was an outgoing, pleasant person with a casual interest in UFOs. Inspection of their home did not indicate any interest at all in the occult, the psychic realm, or related subjects. Mr. D.M. worked at the lumber mill in Campbell River. Neither person claimed to have read any books specifically on UFOs, but had seen the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind. The husband was an avid science fiction fan in earlier years.
A battery of optical tests were performed on the negative to determine the physicality as well as the possible size and distance of the UFO from the camera. This included visits to the site of the photograph.
When asked what they had done immediately after noticing the disc on the photograph (some 18 days later on October 26, 1981), Mrs. D.M. replied, "Well, we didn't know what to do. Eventually we showed it to our neighbors and Mr. and Mrs. M. Sr. (husband's parents). "Mrs. D.M. phoned the Canadian Forces Base at Comox in mid-November 1981 concerning their possible interest in seeing the photograph. She ". . . just wanted to see if they were interested in it and if they knew anything about what the object could be." An Air Force representative (allegedly) said they were not interested in viewing it, but did take her name and address. It was not until the summer of 1982 that the family travelled to Vancouver, B.C. bringing one 4" x 5" color print with them. They visited the Vancouver Planetarium and spoke with the Director, David Dodge who called in David Powell who was interested in UFO phenomena. The couple were persuaded to lend the original negative to them to make enlarged copies. The negatives were delivered to Mr. Powell in June 1982 and were returned to Mr. and Mrs. D.M. on January 28, 1983. These dates may be significant since they suggest that the photographer was willing to wait a long time before pursuing an explanation for the disc-like image on her photograph. If this event had been a deliberate hoax it is more likely that some overt action to capitalize on it might have been taken soon after the disc had been discovered and not almost a year later. Of course this is not a conclusive argument to support this contention.5
The author found the photographer and her husband to be middle-class, hard-working people. Their property was well kept. Nothing could be found which pointed to a deliberate hoax. Both displayed genuine puzzlement about the origin of the disc on the photograph. Mr. and Mrs. D.M. were not defensive nor did they ever attempt to cover up anything as far as could be determined.

This sighting/photograph even managed to slip past the sleeping disinformation and obfuscation editors at ABC News!
Chasing Aliens...Again
By Buck Wolf June 29 - Calling Agents Mulder and Scully: We have an assignment for you.     

In the first independent UFO investigation in nearly 30 years, a panel of international scientists is asking for a formal probe into unexplained phenomena.     

Some of the evidence looks and sounds like it was lifted straight out of The X-Files-mysterious lights bursting across the night sky, witnesses with strange burns and eerie stories, radars going haywire.     

The fraud factor might be pretty high, and the panel hasn't yet jumped on the "I want to believe" bandwagon.     

But the scientists want answers.     

"It is a puzzle," says Stanford University physicist and panel director Peter Sturrock. "The only way to get real answers is to get scientists involved in the problem."
(Source: )
October 1996 UFO Flap
October 27. 1996 - Flying Saucer Photographed In Hungary
Lajos Kosina was visiting his girl friends parents house in the small village of  Erpatak in the county of Szabolcs-Szatmar, Hungary. Lajos's girlfriend posed for one snapshot in her parents garden and no one noticed anything unusual in the sky at the time.
Upon having the photograph developed some weeks later Lajos was surprised to see a 'disc-shaped' object in the sky behind his girlfriend. Although curious they did not show the photograph in question to anyone for several months. They were not really interested in it. Eventually, via a friend of the photographers,  the photograph in question found it's way to the Hungarian UFO Network (HUFON)  who have conducted some preliminary research.
HUFON have studied the photograph using both optical and computer techniques on the original negative and have concluded that that the UFO is not a result  of a film fault,  nor is it a small model suspended on a wire.  HUFON researchers are convinced that it is a  genuine UFO and not the result of a hoax.
Further study of the photograph by HUFON revealed that the UFO was not blurred. To them, this indicated that it was either stationary or moving very slow and was not a model being thrown through the air behind the young lady in the picture. Having questioned the photographer HUFON could find no evidence to support the idea that he may have hoaxed the photo.
HUFON researchers were left with the conclusion that this is a genuine UFO photograph, and that a real, flat, disc-shaped object, several meters in diameter can be seen in the photo, the surface of which appears to reflect the autumn sunshine.
Investigators: Laszlo Kiss is a Director of the Hungarian UFO Network.
Philip Mantle is the former Director of Investigations for the British UFO Research Association.
(Source: )

October 2000 - Rash Of UFO Activity In The UK
Circle of red and green lights, October 21, 2001:
October 21: Andrew Lynham sees a circle of red and green flashing lights in the clouds above Mill Peak.
Light show, October 21, 2001:
October 21: Jacky Swift of Matlock sees a 20-minute light show of white beams over Tissington.
Flying saucer again, October 9, 2001:
October: Man sees the same craft as in the Bonsall video ­ this time, over Bonsall Moor.
Changing bright light, October 5, 2000:
October 5 in Birchover: Man sees a bright light over the Bakewell to Ashbourne road. It moved slowly and changed from white to multi-coloured.
Flying saucer captured on video, October 5, 2000:
October 5: Bonsall mum captures flying saucer on video for six-and-a-half spectacular minutes.
Last week, a UFO sighting videotaped in Bonsall was reported by the Daily Mail, Channel Five and the BBC News. A German TV firm would like to film a documentary. The Mercury has received another close encounter, the 20th sighting since the first back in September 2000.
Six flashing lights, October 1, 2000:
October 1 in Matlock: Eight-year-old Emma Wheeldon sees six flashing lights ­ one large and five smaller over the town, flashing red, yellow and blue.
White ligh behind the clouds, October 2001:
October: 46-year-old man sees bright white light behind the clouds at Rowsley.
October 20, 2002 - UFO Emits Beam Of Light - Is Photographed In Flight
From Researcher: Stan Gordon:
I received an email report of a UFO incident from the witness involved. The sighting reportedly occurred on Sunday, October 20, 2002, near Tyrone, PA in Blair County. The man forwarded details concerning his experience, as well as two color photographs that he took of the object before it departed. The witness indicated that he had also forwarded this material to the National UFO Reporting Center.
The witness is very concerned about being ridiculed, and requests not to be identified. Due to his concerns, my only communication with the witness has been via email. He has responded to my request for additional details concerning his observation. Due to computer problems, I am unable to post the photographs at this time. I have talked with Peter Davenport at the National UFO Reporting Center, who is expected to post the pictures as soon as he completes his sighting report updates.
Sighting report narrative:
The witness was hiking in the woods on Ice Mountain near the town of Tyrone. The man had stayed out longer than he expected that day. He estimated that it was about 7:30 P.M. (local time) as he was walking back to his vehicle, when he noticed a bright light south of his location, moving towards him in a northerly direction. His first impression was that it was an airplane. The light appeared similar to the brightness of a normal aircraft light when first observed. He then noticed that the light suddenly stopped, then began to pulsate and appear to brighten and dim. The witness then noticed a faint haze that was orange-red in color, and which encircled the object.
The pulsation pattern of the light began to increase, and it started to flicker very rapidly. The light became might brighter as it pulsated. Suddenly a thin beam of very bright blue-white light was emitted from the bottom of the object to the ground.The witness points out that this was not an ordinary searchlight. The witness stated, "This was no searchlight. Even a well focused searchlight tends to diffuse with distance, but this light was a tight, bright beam from top to bottom." The man tried to describe the appearance of the beam with the following statement. "Imagine a piece of dental floss held at arms length, and you'll have a good idea of the beam's apparent width from my location."
The witness said that the pulsating effect suddenly stopped, and the beam of light went out. The observer commented, "As far as the form, I couldn't see any craft or object per se, just the bright light itself and the beam that came down from it, as it was pretty dark at the time." The object at first appeared to be circular in shape and orange-red in color. When the object stopped moving and began pulsating it seemed more oval or egg shaped. The object continued to hover in the sky, and the witness ran to his vehicle which was about 100 yards away, to get his Olympus digital camera. The witness took one photograph as the object hovered, then a second picture was obtained just as the object was beginning to move around slowly in a tight circle. As the man prepared to take a third picture, the object, "suddenly shot straight up in the air at fantastic speed and was gone from sight."
The sky conditions at the time of observation were described as partly cloudy. The witness did not detect any sound, or odd smells during the sighting. The witness estimates the total incident lasted about 5 minutes or less. The witness commented that at the location where the light beam appeared to meet the ground, he estimated that he was about 1/4 mile away, or farther from the object, and that it was about 1,000 feet in altitude. The witness also mentioned that there is a large microwave relay tower at the top of the mountain, and, "the beam appeared to be hitting the ground close to the tower." The man couldn't see the exact spot where the beam hit.
In closing, the witness had these comments to make. "I don't know what this thing was, but I know I've never seen anything like it before." and "If anyone else saw this object, please let me know. If for no other reason, so I can stop questioning my sanity."



This Site Served by TheHostPros