Columbine Parents' Cry Foul
Over Sheriff's 'Investigation'
Columbine Research Task Force
On Monday, March27, Jefferson County Undersheriff John Dunaway spoke at the Columbine Review Commission, a panel appointed by Gov. Bill Owens. During his speech, he made reference to the apparent fact that the "final report"on the Columbine incident will NOT contain all of the facts of the case. According to The Denver Post, he said one will be an "investigative report" that has been completed but will not be released, and the other a "public report".
Later, Jeffco denied there will be "two reports". Spokesman Steve Davis saidthere was "some confusion" between the actual "investigativefiles", to remain sealed, and the final, public report. Nevertheless,they confirmed some information will be withheld.
Parent RichPetrone complained, "I'm so sick of that sheriff's department...They'reso incompetent that it's taken them a year to make a report on an incidentwhere they have the only two killers supposedly there, yet they say it'san 'ongoing investigation.' We're not very happy about it. To me, it'sjust a cover-up."
Petrone voicedfurther displeasure, "We don't even know yet how Danny [Rohrbough]died. The stories they've told us don't even line up. We don't know whathappened with Danny, and nobody else knows what happened to their children."
Sue Petroneasked, "What do they have to hide? It's like having two sets of booksfor the IRS -- one to hide what you got, the other whatever you make up.I think it's cruel. This is my only son. I should know blow by blow, shotby shot, how he died."
However, anti-guncrusader and parent Tom Mauser noted, "I want it to be withheld, butI don't want to comment more than that."
"I wantthe full version," said Angela Sanders, daughter of slain teacher,Dave Sanders. "I don't want any edited crap."
"I've believedall along that they're hiding things, and that's why this report has takenso long and has not come out publicly. The sheriff's department will neverreturn my calls," said Judy Brown, parent of Brooks Brown.
In an editorialtitled, "Edited report a crime", The Denver Post said, "Severalsurvivors have expressed outrage at the sheriff's department for offeringthem only the 'edited' report, and we share their disappointment...Veryfew people will be motivated to pore over 200 volumes of police work. Butfor those who do have a compelling interest in this case, the investigationshould be an open book."
On March 29th,Jefferson County said that they will now make efforts to answer any questionsparents of the slain or injured have about the case.
Brian Rohrbough,whose son, Daniel, was slain outside the school April 20th, responded,"It's just what I have to assume is one more lie, trying to ease publicpressure, once again saying they're going to do something that they won'tdo." Rohrbough said that he has contacted Jeffco numerous times toarrange a meeting to no avail.
Regarding thedelay in the release of the report, Bob Miller, a former U.S. attorneyfor Colorado, told Dunaway, "I have never seen a report that's almosta year in the making." Miller said such a delay would have made aprosecution in the case "impossible." Dunaway has said that someinformation is being withheld in case other suspects in the crime are tobe pursued in the future. (sources: <link ,<link, <link,<link)
On the 30th,Sue Petrone said, "If they can show the guns to Time magazine, theycan show me my son's clothing." The Denver Post released an articlewhere the parents of Daniel Rohrbough complained that their son's clothinghas yet to be returned to them by Jefferson County. The sheriff's departmentrebuts that the case is not closed and if another suspect is to surfacethey need the clothing as evidence. Others disagree, citing that the departmentcontinues to claim only two people participated in the crime and assailsany notion there were other gunmen involved. (<
Closure or 'damage control'?
In a smatteringof articles in The Denver Post on Sunday, March 12th, the JeffersonCounty Sheriffs Department reveals further information on the progressof the "final report" being produced concerning the ColumbineHigh School shooting.
Five articlesattempt to dispel "rumors" and explain the delay in the releaseof the final report. Mention is made of "third-gunman" reports;the Sheriffs Department says witnesses were simply confused, and due tothe sound of gunfire and bombs "mistakenly" believed more thantwo were involved. As for the report's six month delay, parent Rich Petronemuses, "Maybe they're trying to hide stuff."
"'Therewere conflicting descriptions of the subjects. Reports of people on theroof. All kinds of unsubstantiated reports' about as many as four gunmen',"said FBI Supervisory Special Agent Ron Knight, who dismissed those reports.
One articledispels the so-called "myths" -- There was not a proverbial"third-gunman"; Harris and Klebold did not use "walkie-talkies" orcommunication devices; they did not have keys to the school; theyhad no help whatsoever in planning the shooting; no one knewbeforehand the shooting would occur; bombs were not brought intothe school days before the shooting; the shooters were not membersof the "Trench coat mafia"; they did not target blacks,Christians and jocks during the shooting; they did not plan on escapingthe school.
The above "officialline" on these various issues will likely surface throughout the finalreport. Whether this information is true or not remains to be seen.
Soon, with therelease of the final report, we will be able to determine whether or notour law enforcement personnel have carried out their civic duties properly-- their conclusions will either bring closure or ignite further controversy. Below are the five individual articles.
No second-guessingSWAT during 'mayhem' <link
Facts clarifybut can't justify killers' acts <link
Author wantsreport to be 'absolutely correct' <link
Lessons a balmto personnel <link
Detailed reportnears completion <link
Students found dead
At approximately12:45 a.m. Monday night two Columbine High School students -- NicholasKunselman, 15, and Stephanie Hart, 16 -- were found dead inside a Subwaysandwich store located less than a mile from the school. Both sufferedfatal gunshot wounds. Hart, at the time, was believed to have been visitingKunselman, a Subway employee. The suspect is described as being "awhite male in his teens or early 20s who was wearing a red jacket and flaredpants." He was seen near the shopping center about the time the bodieswere discovered. Strangely enough, <link Salon.comrepo rted that Nathan Grill, a friend of Kunselman and present in the storethat night, "...was wearing both a red jacket and flared pants Sundaynight, but [said] 'I know I'm innocent. I'm not worried.'" A surveillancecamera was present inside the shop, though appears to have been turnedoff. Click for <link TheWashington Post and <link TheDenver Post stories.
On Tuesday,<link TheDenver Rocky Mountain News reports that cash was left in the registerinside the store. The store was noted as an unlikely target for a robberysince large currency is placed in a locked safe throughout the day. "It'snot worth robbing, 50 bucks, maybe,"said employee J.J. Hodack. The shooting appears to have taken place sometimebetween 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. A witness, present in the store at 9:55 p.m.,reports that all was normal when the store closed, though a customer waspresent when he left. An employee, driving by the shop at around 1 a.m.,noticed the lights were unusually on inside. The bodies were then foundbehind the counter inside the shop.
A source inDenver visited the Subway recently and confirmed to us that the shop'sthree entrances appear to be fully intact and no damage is visible. Theredoes not appear to be a forced entry. This suggests that a late night customeris responsible for the crime, or a "friend" of Kunselman, Hart,or both, possibly enticed them to open and unlock the door later that night.A robbery seems most unlikely.
Investigatorswere seen searching trash bins behind the shop, as well as searchingthe top of the roof of a building across the street from the Subway(a Denver source told CRTF, "I don't believe that the shooter or shootersever entered the store because I saw bullet holes in the windows on thenews...we might be dealing with some type of professional shooter here").No weapon has been found. No motive has been determined, though a "murder-suicide" wasquickly ruled-out. Both young students were a two-year couple and, accordingto a family friend, Kunselman's father said, "...he's never seen twoyoung people as in love as they were."
The Subway storelocated at 6768 W. Coal Mine Avenue is just two blocks south of ColumbineHigh School. Slain student Rachel Scott once worked at the Subway. Theshop is also near Blackjack Pizza, the former employer of Harris and Klebold.
A seriesof tragedies have preceded Monday's shooting. Two weeks ago, the body of11-year-old Antonio Davalos was found stuffed in a trash bin within a mileof Columbine High School. There have been no arrests. Antonio was a fifth-graderat Centennial Elementary School.
Composite drawingsbased on two eye witness sightings show the current suspect. Hewas wearing a black baseball cap with the bill turned forward, a blackcoat with a red lining on the inside, and black or blue jeans with whiteshoes.
See the linksfor The Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News in the right sidebar for thelatest.
In other news,The Denver Post released an < the 14th detailing the bomb arsenal used by Harris and Klebold. It isnow revealed that they used in upward of 95 bombs in their attack. Thearticle quotes an official who claims Klebold and Harris brought the bombsinto the school about fifteen minutes before they began shooting. Apparently,no one noticed they were carrying four 20-lb propane bombs and no one noticedthem place them in the kitchen and cafeteria. The article does not mentionthe presence of the kitchen bombs. There appears to be a discontinuityin the official story in that there are conflicting reports on whetheror not propane bombs were found in the kitchen. It was first reported thatat least one propane bomb was found in the kitchen.
Also, the < Sheriff John Stone has picked up steam and a force of locals are preparingto gather the 41,991 signatures needed to place the recall on the ballot.
CRTF on "Sightings"
On Monday, January 31st, the CRTF webmasterwas a guest on the nationally broadcast radio show "Sightings with Jeff Rense." His appearance lasts an hour and one half. Click < listen with Real Audio.
CNN tapes obtainedUpdate!
The following is our analysis of theCable News Network television coverage of the Columbine High School shootingon April 20th, 1999.
CNN begins coverage of the shootingat 11:54 a.m. The five hour set of tapes consist of approximately 60% KUSAcoverage, 20% KMGH coverage, and 10% coverage by both KCNC and CNN, respectively.There remains a great deal more coverage to be obtained and analyzed fromthe respective affiliates.
The majority of the time during thecoverage reporters are repeating the same information over and over, ina loop, until new information comes in. The eye witness interviews, thoughsparse, proved to be the most revealing and interesting. It is a shamethat the coverage did not reveal the experiences of students in greaterdetail.
While the word "semi-automatic" wasmentioned twice in describing the guns used, "automatic" or "automaticweapon(s)" was spoken during the five hours of coverage by reportersand witnesses approximately nine or ten times.
The word "hostage" or "hostages" isspoken at least fifteen times throughout the day by various reporters.The word "grenade" or "grenades" is mentioned at leasteight times by various reporters and witnesses. The word, or phrase, "masks"and "ski masks" is mentioned by witnesses and reporters at leasteighteen times. These are conservative estimates.
While it appears there were news helicopterson the scene within minutes, their coverage was only shown in length onCNN until after 1:30 p.m., approximately.
Early on, there is no indication thatSWAT teams were ever inside the school. Only after approximately 2 the impression of a large SWAT presence near the school conveyed.By 3 p.m. there are authorities walking calmly around the walls of theschool. By this time it was clear the gunmen were probably dead or no longerposed a threat to the officers.
On the tapes, there are reports of"at least two gunmen" throughout the day. There are also reportsby 1 p.m. that the Trench Coat Mafia is involved. There are reports thattwo gunmen entered the parking lot, proceeded to the cafeteria and thenmade their way to the library -- reports which do validate the "official" story.
The information below -- 99.9% accurateas transcribed from the tapes -- attempts to reveal the true nature ofthe events which took place.
At 11:54 a.m. Jefferson County PublicInformation Officer Steve Davis spoke over the phone with KUSA, enroute to the school, and reported that there were shots fired and bombsdetonated.
Jonathan Ladd, a student, was on thephone moments later. KUSA anchors questioned Ladd about a "bomb scare"at the school earlier in the day, of which he knew nothing about. KUSAanchorwoman Kyle Dyer then asked Ladd about grenades. "One of thereally disturbing things with this, obviously, is that there may be a grenade,or grenades involved..." Ladd could not tell what kind of device wasused in the detonations. Ladd did not see the gunmen and ran off the campusalmost immediately after the shooting began.
The coverage then switched to KCNCwhere a discussion ensued about a possible gunman "on the loose"as well as two gunmen in the school.
"Eventually we all ran outside...asI was laying outside I heard rapid fire, like blackcats were going offand it was inside the school," said Braden Pasusich on KUSA at 12:02.
At KCNC a student named Janine calledand indicated that gunmen in trench coats stormed the school and she saidrepeatedly that they were throwing grenades. She then said to the newsanchors, "How did you get my phone number?" and the news anchorsreplied that they were told she had contacted them. She did not respond.
At KUSA a few minutes later, GregMoss is on scene at Bowles Ave. and Pierce St. Numerous agencies were convergingon the scene. Moss said, "They've also had some reports of some peoplehanging out on the roof top of the school..."
Kim Sander phoned KUSA at 12:10 andreported what her daughter had told her. Her daughter was in the parkinglot next to her car when she and a friend heard some "pops" that"got louder" and she "saw a gunman, in a black trench coat,with a very huge gun in front of him...she said he had dark brown hair,with thick, bushy eye brows, was very, very ugly....this gunman was outof the school, he was up on top of this ledge thing where the student smokingarea is and he was shooting down at these students...She did not recognizehim as a student, no, not as a student. " Kim then emphasized thatshe told her daughter to remember what she had seen so to inform policeproperly, and she felt her daughter's description of the gunman was veryaccurate.
At 12:12, back with Greg Moss, thecamera is zoomed in on the staging area where Steve Davis is shown walkingnearby. He is wearing a white bulletproof vest and holding a hand-heldradio.
At 12:16 student Bob Saban (sic) describesover the phone to KUSA his dramatic experience. He ran out of the "backof the school" after he heard shots, then turned around and "sawthe men...stalking around looking for people to kill". He said hedid not recognize them because "they were wearing black masks...theywere all in black with some machine guns." Saban indicated that hesaw them through the back entrance (where teacher Patti Nielson was shot).He also said there were two explosions "minutes ago" inside theschool, which would have been sometime after 12 noon.
Minutes later video from Bowles andPierce show students running from Columbine to safety through the trees.In the foreground, Principal Frank DeAngelis is shown wandering about agrassy knoll.
Moss reports that by 12:23 "fourSWAT team districts are on scene". Video is fed from the staging areaduring most of the hour, showing dozens of officials walking and meanderingaround in a casual fashion, with some running or jogging by. The stagingarea is located a few hundred yards north of the high school.
"It's been about twenty minutessince the last report of an explosion," says KUSA anchor GaryShapiro at 12:28. Moss reports at 12:30 that "at least two suspectsare inside. They may have found where they are, or at least have a prettygood idea of where they are...again, automatic weapons are involved."
KUSA's Kyle Dyer minutes later emphaticallystates, "It seems we've heard so many eye witness accounts that somany students saw these men...they must have been all over the school!"The camera man focuses on a number of officials in the staging area, froma SWAT guy dredging around a body shield that says "NATO-3" inwhite letters on its front, to a man wearing sunglasses and a black suit-- possibly the FBI's Dwayne Fuselier. Moss then reports, "At onepoint, police officers thought they (the gunmen) were on the roof..."
Jeff Goodman with the Colorado StatePatrol at 12:33 phones KUSA and says, "Since I got here, maybe a halfhour ago, I have heard shots...and it sounded like heavy, heavy shots asin long rifle or some kind of an automatic weapon."
Tony LaMonica in the KUSA helicopterreports in at 12:39. Blurry, unclear and distant scenes of the school areshown for the first time. The cameraman then directs the camera over tothe staging area. LaMonica says, "At one point just a few minutesago they thought they might have somebody up on the roof...apparently therewas some concern that someone might be up on the roof." LaMonica saysfrom his vantage point he did not see anyone on the roof at that time.KUSA decides to cut the helicopter feed while LaMonica is describing whathe is seeing. Instead, a ground shot of the staging area is shown. Theschool is not shown again until much later on in the broadcast and LaMonicais not heard from for over an hour.
Moss continues reporting from thestaging area, and a SWAT member is shown holding a battering ram, amongthe many law enforcement officials.
Bob Saban returns by phone and reportsback at 12:46. He says he was in Mr. Condon's math class, ran to the doorupon hearing gun shots, and fled. Later he hid "in the bushes"and "saw the men" and subsequently left the area in fear theymight see him.
At 12:52 a student calls the KUSAnewsroom and says he knows the identity of the gunmen, yet hangs up beforehe is placed on the air. A few minutes later a reporter says that the gunmenmay be students, and that "they believe they have taken hostages insidethe school."
A student named Evan phones KUSA at1:00 and says he saw "two kids" in all black clothing. "Theyboth had two shotguns and one of them had a pistol type uzi, a small uzi."The description fits both Klebold and Harris. He continued,"...theywere a part of a trench coat mafia, homosexual group."
Minutes later Ed Gawkowski of theState Patrol was asked by KUSA anchorwoman Dyer how many were involvedand said, "'s up to two to three, possibly, yes." The anchorwomanwas befuddled that only two men could create that kind of havoc.
At 1:04 a student named James phonesKUSA. He is located in a classroom by himself, apparently using cell phoneto call in.
GARY SHAPIRO: James, we understand you are inside the school?
JAMES: Yes, I am.
SHAPIRO: You're in a secure area, I imagine.
JAMES: Yeah, I'm in a classroom with locked doors.
SHAPIRO: What's going on there now?
JAMES: It's just really noisy outside. I hear a lot of screaming.
SHAPIRO: Now you say you hear screaming, is that recent?
JAMES: Just as it is right now.
KYLE DYER: Have you heard any gunshots?
JAMES: No gunshots, just threats. A bunch of threats; the guys are yelling out there.
DYER: Do you recognize the voices?
JAMES: I don't recognize any of the voices.
James is then asked to call 911.
At 1:07 a cheerful Emily Kooch isinterviewed by Ginger Delgado on the west side of Clement Park. Emily saidthe gunmen, "...just kept going back and forth between [the library]and the cafeteria, and all over." They eventually left the librarylong enough for Emily to flee.
James calls back at 1:09. He sayshe heard more gunshots.
SHAPIRO: What are you hearing right now?
JAMES: Hearing a couple of gunshots. People were running up and down the hall a little bit. I don't know what happened outside. I just heard them yelling, telling them to get down. They're inside the cafeteria, I hear stuff being thrown around. ...I don't know if they know I'm up here, I just glad they don't.
SHAPIRO: ...does it seem to you like there are a lot of students still in there, can you hear a lot of kids?
JAMES: Yeah, there's still a few kids in here.
SHAPIRO: Has it quieted down now?
DYER: It seems quiet.
JAMES: No, not really.
JAMES: There are a bunch of people crying outside...Wow.
DYER: What was that?
JAMES: I don't know.
James is then put through to the police.
Seconds later reporter Hiedi Hammetis on the phone and says, "...we have just been told as recently astwenty minutes ago there were some more shots fired inside the school. Thepolice officer tells me they aren't sure if there are any more injuriesbecause they really don't know what is going on inside the school. Theydo know there were more shots fired, a lot of people heard them...theydo believe there are hostages inside."
At 1:25 KUSA's Gary Shapiro reports,"We have some information we would like to relay. It's kind of a strangesituation. James called us back...James has apparently caught another viewof the gunmen. He is describing them to us...James can't get through tothe police department because the phone lines are jammed up...James sawthe gunmen a few minutes ago. He is describing them as wearing hats, blacktrench coats, black masks, and one of them has long hair that is comingout the back of his hat. That is the description we have. They apparentlyare still holding hostages in the cafeteria..."
At 1:28 Greg Moss talks with SteveDavis who says, "...we really don't know how many suspects...certainlymore than one, possibly two or three, the exact number is unknown."He also said he had no reason to believe that any of the suspects had beenshot, or that any of the authorities had been shot.
A minute later Tony LaMonica reportsback from the helicopter. Dozens of students are shown running out of theschool. They climbed out of a bottom floor window near the cafeteria.
Later on, CNN switches to KCNCwhere a news anchor says, "...some of the witnesses...believe thesetwo young men were...targeting minorities, people of color, and peoplewho played sports, strangely enough." KCNC also reports that"two to three" gunmen are possibly present in the school.
At 1:42 three young men are arrestedat gun point in the west corner of Clement Park in a field. They are wearinghats, black jackets, and camo pants. During the course of the next fewhours it becomes more and more clear that these young men had prior knowledgethat the shooting was going to take place.
Ginger Delgado reports from ClementPark at 1:52, "Mark Wilson [of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation]says to us that he believes the suspects may have changed clothes. We'regetting conflicting reports now because we did talk to one person who wasin the school who saw the suspects still wearing the trench coats at thishour." In an interview with CRTF, Ms. Delgado was asked to confirmthis incident and whether or not students had told her after 12:05 p.m.that the gunmen were still alive inside the school. Delgado could not recallspecifically whether students were saying the gunmen were still alive after12:05 p.m., though she considered it a possibility and said many studentswere describing the gunmen throughout the day.
At 2:06 John Furrugia of KMGH said," we were standing here a person in handcuffs was just put ina car who was wearing a black jacket....we don't know if that was a suspect...policearen't saying."
CNN's Tony Clark reports from thescene by phone minutes later and says, "...some young people werebrought out...they were put in handcuffs, currently they are being questionedright now. We are told they are friends of the alleged gunmen. They arebeing questioned over at a car not too far from our location."
At 2:38 the "bloody student inthe window" in the library, Patrick Ireland, is rescued by a SWAT teamwho pulled him to safety using a Lomis Fargo armored vehicle. This eventsuggests, that at this point, SWAT teams had yet to make their way intothe library.
At 2:47 a view from a helicopter showsmore students being freed as they come out of a door next to the cafeteria.They are corralled next to the gym, where they are asked to put their handsin the air and are frisked. Officers on the scene below seem tense, andSWAT members guard the perimeter.
At 2:51 a reporter for KMGH on thescene says, "A little after 11:25 this morning...we understand thatthree younger, armed men came in with, ahh, a couple of them had long blackcoats on...started shooting, they started in the lower parking lot...movedon through the cafeteria area and moved on through the school."
While CNN did not carry his actualcomments, KMGH reporters later on at 3:18 spoke of comments made bystudent Jonathan Vandermark who said he saw dead bodies in the hallwaysas he ran out of the school.
Seconds later, on KUSA, Tony LaMonicafrom the helicopter reports, "Apparently, somebody has just been arrestedat gun appears this person is definitely in custody and wantedfor questioning." The young man located near the east entrance ofthe school is led away. He is wearing a black shirt and blue jeans.
At around 3:25 an armored personnelcarrier, presumably from Buckley Air National Guard Base, is on the scene.Other National Guard vehicles are also shown. A few minutes later, KUSA newsanchors and Tony LaMonica report that some officers "just took cover" behindvehicles -- no explanation was given.
At 3:38 a neighbor near ColumbineHigh talks with anchors at KMGH. She said when the shooting began she heard"seven loud, terrifying blasts". She saw windows burst out andglass fall all over the ground. "..Shortly after that there was alot of rapid fire."
At 3:48 Trench Coat Mafia member ChrisMorris is led off in handcuffs by a Sheriff's Deputy. He is placed in ablack sedan which subsequently speeds off the scene. He is wearing blackcargo pants and a black "South Park" T-shirt.
Just seconds later, KMGH reporterAnne Trujillo at Swedish Medical Center reports, "We've just had avery interesting twist...police just came out and told us that a car-loadof people left Columbine High School and was followed by a car-load ofpeople that apparently, possibly, had weapons. Excuse me, an ambulanceleft Columbine High School and it was followed by a car-load of people...thatpossibly had some weapons." An officer with a large shotgun is stationedoutside the Emergency Room of the hospital. Other hospitals are also onalert.
A minute later, a reporter on thescene of the school for KMGH says, "We had Seven News reporter PaulRyerson (sic) mention a moment ago that he had heard the reports that therewere shots being fired in the school. We did talk to someone with policeand that is correct, there were some just a few moments ago." A KMGH anchorlater said, "...those shots may have been coming from the gymnasiumarea."
At least three fairly large explosiveabrasions can be seen from helicopter footage on the roof of the school.The abrasions are above the library where bombs or grenades were likelythrown.
At 3:56 KUSA's Phil Keating interviewsa student and her mother. The student was inside the Science Room. Shewas asked the last time she heard shots fired. "Probably around one[p.m.]...before my lunch hour, and then it stopped, soon after that."
At 4:04 Steve Davis and Sheriff JohnStone hold a makeshift press conference.
A reporter says she has heard thesuspects had "live hand grenades". The Sheriff did not responddirectly to the question.
The Sheriff says there are possibly25 fatalities and gives the impression he gained this information fromSWAT teams reporting back from inside the school. Stone also gives theimpression that only within the hour had SWAT teams finally begunto make sweeps of the school. He says things will be "wrapped up" withinan hour. What took them so long?
"Do you think there were automaticweapons involved?," says one reporter. Stone did not respond.
Stone said the gunmen (Klebold andHarris) were found "within the last hour".
A reporter said, "I was toldby one young man out here that there were three people that went in. Therewere two in trench coats and one in a white T-shirt." Stone responded,"We had three names, we've got two bodies that belong to two of thosenames up there, and the third name, the person was not in the school."
"We found a device in one ofthe [suspect's] houses...a bomb," said Stone. "The fact thatyou have kids with automatic weapons is really a concern. What are theseparents doing letting their kids have automatic weapons?"
Tony Clark with CNN said, "Oneof the students earlier today told me he was coming down the stairs andsaw three bodies there, people he thought had been killed." Clarkalso talked to witness Sean Kelly, " I was trying to get outthrough the auditorium, I heard around 10 or 11 rounds shot from an automaticweapon at that time...I like to consider myself lucky, I got out in oneof the safer areas; however, the plate glass window in the front of theschool was broken out, I do not know what that was from."
Clark also said, "There was sometalk by some of the students of three individuals, two in trench coatsand one in a white T-shirt...the authorities have said all along that theyknew there were at least two..."
Concerned that a third suspect inthe school might be watching TV, CNN decided to "filter" itscoverage of the shooting event, according to CNN's Bernard Shaw.
On KCNC a traumatized studentfrom the library said, "...I looked out the window and there was thisguy throwing a pipe bomb at all the cars...they were shooting anyone ofcolor, wearing a white hat, or playing a sport...I pleaded with him forten minutes not to shoot me."
A student named Josh talked to KUSA aboutthe Trench Coat Mafia and said they had "found God in themselves",that they were outcasts, and that they never took part in school activities.
Earlier in the day, Adam Foss, a seniorat the school, spoke with a reporter with KCNC. "We were in the crossfirebetween the Science Hall and the Choir Room...I think three guys (gunmen)and a bunch of twelve gauges, maybe smaller guns." Foss describedseeing "guns blazing", a few kids get shot, and his heroic corralingof 60 students into an "eight by eight" room for safety.
On KUSA a student said, "Oneof the guys came in with the guns into the auditorium...I'm hoping allof my friends are okay."
At 4:58 Gary Shapiro says that KUSA hasbeen covering the incident since 11:15 or 11:25, when it first began.
"Earlier today our affiliatesshowed one of the people inside the building, a man, standing..."said Bernard Shaw on CNN. At this point the tape is cut. Unfortunately,the scene of at least one of the gunman standing in the library shot bya KMGH helicopter does not appear on the tapes we received. However,CNN, moments later, did in fact air the scene. The scene might prove thatthe gunmen were still alive well past 12:05 a.m.
Considering the above, we would liketo remind readers that the "official" story alleges that EricHarris and Dylan Klebold -- working alone -- walked into the cafeteria,then up to the library. There they spent about fifteen minutes terrorizingand killing students. After that they proceeded back to the cafeteria,and then returned once again to the library where they killed themselvesat 12:05 p.m. Authorities even claim Harris and Klebold fired their finalshots, beside the ones that killed them, sometime around 11:50 a.m.
The fact remains that shots were heardcoming from inside the school up until about 3:45 p.m. If the gunmen weredead by 12:05 p.m., what, or who, were SWAT teams finding reasonto fire at in a school filled with dozens of students?
According to officials, a school repairman was on the roof and mistaken by witnesses to be a sniper with a gunwho was firing atop the library down at students. Apparently, the repairman also decided to leave some high caliber rifle shells on the roof.
Officials imply that fully automaticmachine guns were never used by the gunmen.
Officials have made no statementsto the effect that Harris and Klebold were ever wearing face masks.
Officials claim that SWAT teamsentered the school twenty minutes after the shooting began at 11:17a.m.
The "official story" soundsmore like a "cover story" to us.


This Site Served by TheHostPros