- "Two things are infinite: the universe and human
stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."- Albert Einstein
- Flying Disks, Cattle Abductions, Alien encounters, all
reported hundreds of years ago. Isn't it amazing how things tend to stay
the same? In this article I have compiled reports from today, as well as
- First a eyewitness report of a flying disk from 1290
- 'While the abbot and monks were in the refectorium, a
flat round, shining, silvery object (discus) flew over the abbey and caused
the utmost terror.' 1290: Byland, North Yorkshire: from William of Newburghs
- Next, early reports of a 'flying saucer' from just down
the road in Texas...
- On the morning of January 22, 1878 John Martin, a farmer
living six miles south of Denison, Texas spotted a fast moving dark object
high in the southern sky. When it passed overhead, he saw that it was the
size of a 'large saucer' It continued on its way and was soon lost to view.
In recounting the event, a local newspaper remarked, 'Mr. Martin is a gentleman
of undoubted veracity and this strange occurrence, if it was not a balloon,
deserves the attention of our scientists'- Dennison Daily News, Jan 25,
- More flying disks from Jacque Vallee's the Maginoia files:
- Habbebishopsheim, Germany- An American soldier saw a
disk-shaped object come down rapidly, oscillate, and land. The site could
not be found in the dark. The event took place 35 km northwest of the town.
- Jun. 21, 1947 Spokane, Washington- Eight disk-shaped
objects the size of a house, were seen flying at 1000 km/h. A civilian
woman stated that the objects fell with a dead leaf motion and landed before
ten witnesses on the shore of the Saint Joe River, in Idaho.
- April 8, 1950, River Road near Amarillo, Texas. David,
12, and Charles, 9, Lightfoot saw a disk land behind a hill and touched
it. It was the size of a car tire; about 30 cm high, with a rounded top
that rotated and a pivot between the base and the top. It took off very
fast. The faces and arms of the boys later became red.
- July 29, 1952 Enid, Oklahoma. Sidney Eubank went to the
Enid police station and told Sergeant Vern Bennell that an enormous disk
had buzzed his car as he drove between Bison and Waukonis on Highway 81.
The rush of air made the car leave the road while the object flew west
- March 19, 1958- Moscow, USSR. Near Moscow, a large, disk-shaped
object was seen on the ground. It rose in a spiral motion, then took off
and was lost to sight.
- Next, a few of the lesser know flying disk incidents
that can be found in Project Bluebooks 701 Unknown's file...
- July 8, 1947; Muroc Air Base, California. 9:30 a.m. PDT.
Witnesses: lst Lt. Joseph McHenry, T/Sgt Ruvolo, S/Sgt Nauman, Miss Janette
Scotte. Watched for an unstated length of time while two disc-shaped or
spherical objects--silver and apparently metallic--flew a wide circular
pattern, and then one of them later flew a tighter circle.
- March 20, 1950; Stuggart, Arkansas. 9:26 p.m. Witnesses:
Chicago & Southern Airlines Capt. Jack Adams, First Officer G. W. Anderson,
Jr. One 100' circular disc with 9-12 portholes along the lower side emitting
a soft purple light, and a light at the top which flashed 3 times in 9
seconds, flew at not less than 1,000 m.p.h. It was seen for 25-35 seconds.
- April 6, 1952; Temple, Texas. 2:59 p. 50-75 grey-white
discs changed position within formation continually, tilted in unison every
12-15 seconds during 3.8 minute sighting.
- Note: I spent many hours at George AFB back in the 70's
nice place, for a UFO...
- May 1, 1952; George AFB, California. 10:50 a.m. Witnesses:
three men on the arms range, plus one Lt. Colonel 4 miles away. Five flat-white
discs about the diameter of a C-47's wingspan (95') flew fast, made a 90^
turn in a formation of three in front and two behind, and darted around,
for 15-30 seconds.
- As many of you know, you just don't mess with an Oklahoma
- July 5, 1952; Norman, Oklahoma. 7:58 p.m. Witness: Oklahoma
State Patrolman Hamilton in State Patrol airplane. Three dark discs hovered
and then flew away, silhouetted against a dark cloud. 15 seconds.
- July 27, 1952; Wichita Falls, Texas. 8:30 p.m. Witnesses:
Mr. and Mrs. Adrian Ellis. Two disc-shaped objects, illuminated by a phosphorus
light, flew at an estimated l,000 m.p.h. for 15 seconds
- Jan 1, 1955; Cochise, New Mexico. 6:44 a.m. Witnesses:
instructor and student pilot in USAF B-25 bomber/trainer. A metallic disc,
shaped like two pie pans face-to-face, and 120- 130' in diameter, paced
the B-25, showing both its edge and its face, for 5-7 minutes. Only item
in case file was summary form.
- Next, here's a cattle abduction report from April 1897
some still call it a hoax...
- In a sworn statement dated 21 April 1897, a prosperous
and prominent farmer named Alexander Hamilton (Le Roy, Kansas, U.S.A.)
told of an attack upon his cattle at about 10:30 PM the previous Monday.
He, his son, and his tenant grabbed axes and ran some 700 feet from the
house to the cow lot where a great cigar-shaped ship about 300 feet long
floated some 30 feet above his cattle. It had a carriage underneath which
was brightly lighted within (dirigible and gondola?) and which had numerous
- Inside were six strange looking beings jabbering in a
foreign language. These beings suddenly became aware of Hamilton and the
others. They immediately turned a searchlight on the farmer, and also turned
on some power, which sped up a turbine wheel (about 30 ft diameter) located
under the craft. The ship rose, taking with it a two-year old heifer, which
was roped about the neck by a cable of one-half inch thick, red material.
- The next day a neighbor, Link Thomas, found the animal's
hide, legs and head in his field. He was mystified at how the remains got
to where they were because of the lack of tracks in the soft soil. Alexander
Hamilton's sworn statement was accompanied by an affidavit as to his veracity.
The affidavit was signed by ten of the local leading citizens.
- 1997 was the 100th anniversary of the crash of an unknown
airship in Aurora, Texas. To mark the event the TV show "Sightings"
had a special called '100 years of UFO Cover ups,' that featured the recovery
of an alien body in Aurora, Texas.
- This incident has been covered up by the Government and
was then widely reported to be a hoax (Oh no! a weather balloon!). Sounds
a lot like Roswell in 1947? The government has a long history of cover-ups
in regards to things like this...
- This is the original report from the April 19,1897 edition
of the Dallas Morning News
- 'About 6 o'clock this morning the early risers of Aurora
were astonished at the sudden appearance of the airship which has been
sailing around the country. It was traveling due north and much nearer
the earth than before. Evidently some of the machinery was out of order,
for it was making a speed of only ten or twelve miles an hour, and gradually
settling toward the earth. It sailed over the public square and when it
reached the north part of town it collided with the tower of Judge Proctor's
windmill and went into pieces with a terrific explosion, scattering debris
over several acres of ground, wrecking the windmill and water tank and
destroying the judge's flower garden. The pilot of the ship is supposed
to have been the only one aboard and, while his remains were badly disfigured,
enough of the original has been picked up to show that he was not an inhabitant
of this world.
- Mr. T.J. Weems, the U.S. Army Signal Service officer
at this place and an authority on astronomy gives it as his opinion that
the pilot was a native of the planet Mars. Papers found on his person --
evidently the records of his travels -- are written in some unknown hieroglyphics
and cannot be deciphered. This ship was too badly wrecked to form any conclusion
as to its construction or motive power. It was built of an unknown metal,
resembling somewhat a mixture of aluminum and silver, and it must have
weighed several tons. The town is today full of people who are viewing
the wreckage and gathering specimens of strange metal from the debris.
The pilot's funeral will take place tomorrow.'
- Another report from UPI...
- "Aurora, Tex. -- (UPI) -- A grave in a small north
Texas cemetery contains the body of an 1897 astronaut who "was not
an inhabitant of this world," according to the International UFO Bureau.
- The group, which investigates unidentified flying objects,
has already initiated legal proceedings to exhume the body and will go
to court if necessary to open the grave, director Hayden Hewes said Wednesday.
- "After checking the grave with metal detectors and
gathering facts for three months, we are certain as we can be at this point
[that] he was the pilot of a UFO which reportedly exploded atop a well
on Judge J.S. Proctor's place, April 19, 1897," Hewes said. He was
not an inhabitant of this world."
- A few days later, another UPI account datelined Aurora
quoted a ninety-one-year-old who had been a girl of fifteen in Aurora at
the time of the reported incident. She said she "had all but forgotten
the incident until it appeared in the newspapers recently." She said
her parents had gone to the sight of the crash, but had refused to take
her along. She recalled that the remains of the pilot, "a small man,"
had been buried in the Aurora cemetery.
- Not to be outdone, the Associated Press, in a story datelined
Denton, Texas, reported "a North Texas State University professor
had found some metal fragments near the Oates gas station (former Proctor
farm). One fragment was said to be 'most intriguing' because it consisted
of primarily of iron which did not seem to exhibit magnetic properties."
The professor also said he was puzzled because the fragment was "shiny
and malleable instead of dull and brittle like iron."
- The Aurora Cemetery Association was successful in blocking
the attempts to dig up the grounds in search of the "Martian pilot."
The incident will probably go underground again (pun intended) until its
centennial in 1997 will bring another round of widespread press coverage.
- In 1997 I made a field investigation in the small town
of Aurora, Texas, which is on Highway 114 'the alien highway' just north
of Fort Worth, Texas. The results of our research are weird to say the
- One of the first things you might notice when arriving
in Aurora is that there are military traces everywhere in town. It even
boasts a small military type airport, circa 1940's.
- Even the streets of town are laid out in typical "base"
fashion. To anyone who ever served in the military, the signs of military
habitations are clear. Why would the military want to have a base in Aurora?
I asked myself... back in the '40's?
- If my memory is correct, I believe that the Roswell crash
debris was flown directly to Ft. Worth, TX, (which is less than 10 miles
from Aurora.) Coincidence? I don't think so. Could the military have had
an "alien" recovery base set up and running in Aurora from clear
back at the time of the 1897 crash?
- I am beginning to wonder as we continued on our tour
of Aurora, the city... as we wandered through town, we found the famous
old Judge Proctor's place where the alien craft was supposed to have crashed,
which is all open fields these days, and we visited the town square or
should I saw where town square was 100 years ago, Of course almost the
entire town from those days is gone, replaced by more modern buildings.
- Nearby is the town cemetery, where it is alleged by some
that a small visitor from space was buried over 100 years ago. A quick
visit showed a very neat, well kept place, with no sign of the famous alien
tombstone. I found out that it was stolen some years ago and never recovered.
There are picture records of its existence,
- There is a movement in town to exhume the body of the
alien, replace the headstone and do a complete search for remains of the
crash. Also, there have been several interesting pieces of metal found
in the area that have been confiscated for analysis by the military and
- Next a reported aerial battle with UFO's- in 1917...
- GERMAN FIGHTER ACE RED BARON SHOT DOWN A UFO IN 1917!
- BONN, Germany -- The flamboyant fighter pilot known as
the Red Baron not only shot down 80 enemy planes for the Germans during
World War I -- he also was the first human in history to gun down an alien
- That's the fascinating claim of former German Air Force
ace Peter Waitzrik, who says he watched in astonishment as the deadeye
fighter pilot shot a UFO with undulating orange lights out of the sky over
Belgium in 1917. Then, Waitzrik says, he stared in disbelief as two bruised
and battered occupants of the downed craft climbed from their spaceship
and scampered off into the woods -- apparently never to be seen again.
- "The Baron and I gave a full report on the incident
back at headquarters and they told us not to ever mention it again,"
the feisty, 105-year-old retired airline pilot recently told a reporter.
- "And except for my wife and grandkids, I never told
a soul. But it's been over 80 years, so what difference could it possibly
make now?" The aging Waitzrik said he and Baron Manfred von Richtofen
-- the renowned Red Baron -- were flying an early morning mission over
western Belgium in the spring of 1917 when the UFO suddenly appeared in
a clear, blue sky directly ahead of their Fokker triplanes. "We were
terrified because we'd never seen anything like it before," recalled
the easygoing great-great grandfather of five.
- "The U.S. had just entered the war, so we assumed
it was something they'd sent up. "The Baron immediately opened fire
and the thing went down like a rock, shearing off tree limbs as it crashed
in the woods. Then the two little baldheaded guys climbed out and ran away."
- Waitzrik said he assumed the glittering silver spaceship
was some sort of enemy invention until the flying saucer scare that began
in the late 1940s convinced him that his buddy had shot down a UFO.
- "The thing was maybe 40 meters (136 feet) in diameter
and looked just like those saucer- shaped spaceships that everybody's been
seeing for the last 50 years," the awed oldster said. "So there's
no doubt in my mind now that that was no U.S. reconnaissance plane the
Baron shot down, that was some kind of spacecraft from another planet --
and those little guys who ran off into the woods weren't Americans, they
were space aliens of some kind.
- "You know, sometimes I wonder what ever became of
those guys, anyway."
- 'A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe,"
a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts
and feelings as something separated from the rest a kind of optical delusion
of his consciousness'-Albert Einstein
- Till next time, Take Care!!!
- "2000 APRG all rights reserved worldwide
- SIGHTINGS HOMEPAGE
Site Served by TheHostPros