- Location: Jordonhill College, Scotland
- Date: Mon 19 Oct 98
- Time: 8:00 pm & 8:45 pm approx
- Source: Witness sighting report form
- Sighting: At 2000hrs approx while we
were sitting in the car park a bright light drifted accross the sky from
left to right.Later at approx 2045hrs we seen two bright lights moving
in the sky above and right of the college they moved quickly, performed
some quick manouvers and flew off togeher, left over the airport and out
of site. It was a crisp clear night, there was airplane traffic and helicopter
traffic as well. The two objects we saw seemed to be "playing tig"
or having fun.
- Subject: My sighting report
- Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 21:31:21 -0000
- From: "David Walker" <DWalker@kirky98.freeserve.co.uk
- To: <UFOSCOT@cableinet.co.uk
- Location: Kirkintilloch, Scotland
- At 3.28 am on Sunday 29th November I
awoke and was aware of a bright light in the sky. Whether it was this that
wakened me or not I don't know. I thought at first it was a plane coming
into land as I was not aware of such a bright object in that position.
- I never thought any more of it and was
about to go back to sleep when I thought I saw the object move. I rubbed
my eyes and looked again. The object then split into two and started to
dance about the sky close to each other in figures of eight and in circles.
<snip due to previous posting of this report (and then:) The objects
seemed to dance about like two kittens playing, it was totally bizarre.
The bright object remained in the sky and this made me doubt what I had
- Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 23:14:01 -0000
- From: "Andrew Caterer" <A.Caterer@tesco.net
- To: <email@example.com
- Location: Edinburgh/Fife
- I just visited your site and I thought
I would mail you with something I saw today Friday 4 December at 2.50pm.
- I work for an Insurance Company in St
Andrew Square, Edinburgh. The office where I am based is on Queen Street.
I have views from attic type windows across the Firth Of Forth over to
Fife. This afternoon I was talking to a colleague and I was looking out
across the forth. The view was clear and the sky was still light. I observed
two lights roughly the same colour as a streetlight but their distance
was difficult to judge, however they appeared to be over Fife. It was
if the sun which was low in the sky was reflecting off metal. The lights
when I first saw them appeared to be close together. As I watched them
they moved around fairly quickly - slow enough to follow their progress
but quick enough not to be ordinary aircraft. At no time did I see any
type of aircraft. I watched them move around for about a minute. Two
of my colleagues also observed them. There movement was fairly erratic.
At one stage they disappeared from view and then returned briefly before
one moved off quickly towards the left out of view. The other one then
disappeared from view.
- I must admit that I have always been
very sceptical about this topic, but I thought that you may find this of
interest. For the record there are always alot of aircraft that we can
see starting their westerly approach to Edinburgh airport. These lights
were definitely not aircraft.
- (Further info following e-mail interview)
- Dear Dave,
- Thanks for your reply.
- Just a few additional points that may
- 1. Weather conditions at the time were
excellent. There were excellent views across to Fife. There was very
- 2. Using your suggestion, I would estimate
size of lights to be the size of a Pearl, if I was to look at it from my
- 3. Elevation, I would estimate to be
at around 30-35 Degrees.
- 4. Distance would be very difficult
to estimate. Although the objects were definitely over the Fife side of
the Forth and some way inland. From where I was looking I would reckon
their position to be a few miles west of Kirkcaldy.
- I looked at the video footage on your
site and there did seem a lot of familiarity with the footage from one
of your clips, namely the one where there are two parts. Also the more
I think about this the lights were not reflections, but as I mentioned
in my previous mail they were the colour of orange street lights.
- I have tried to be as precise as possible.
If you have any further queries, I am more than willing to help.
- Regards Andy