The Surrey Saga In
BC Continues - More
Strange UFO Events
By Graham Conway
From Bill Oliver <>
We are frequently asked, "Is anything happening in Surrey?", to >which we usually reply, "Yes, indeed, pretty well on an ongoing >basis". If it's quiet, or seems to be, then that only indicates >we haven't yet heard about the "latest piece of action". But >enough of my rambling, let's provide some examples for you >readers (i.e. - reflections from my notebook). > >The night the Persian Gulf War officially ended a lady driving >north on King George Highway watched in open-mouth amazement as >two triangular shaped craft crossed the highway from east to >west at the 98th Avenue intersection. Located behind the Surrey >Village Market (west side of King George Highway), is a 14 story >apartment building. Our witness stated that the wedge shaped >craft were at the 9th floor level. Despite the fact that these >UFOs were well illuminated around the visible edges, we received >no other reports from other potential travelers in that area. >But what else is new? Such one act plays are par for the course. > >Moving southward a few blocks we arrive at Bear Creek Park, >where reports frequently originate. On the 17th of May, 1995, a >couple who live behind Brookside Elementary School were witness >to a large pie-shaped craft that flew slowly from southeast to >northwest. This was viewed from the kitchen window by both the >man and his wife. Up to that point the former had been a >dyed-in-the-wool skeptic. The prolonged sighting gave him reason >to re-assess his stance, as the low altitude UFO with its >revolving coloured lights moved out of sight over some nearby >trees. About forty minutes later it was back again for a briefer >period. It comes as no great surprise (to us) when we heard that >the sister of the lady of the house had experienced strange >events herself, even though she lives in another municipality. >On thing is for sure, she did not want to discuss her memories. >The mother of these two ladies had a lengthy history of >sightings and lifetime events which she was prepared to discuss. > >Close by to this particular location can be found a very visible >series of high tension transmission towers that run west to >east, crossing King George Highway. In the very immediate >vicinity of these silently menacing power lines a two story >house is located. > >On July 27th, 1994, at 4 am, "Eddie" came into his mother's >bedroom to tell her that "there was a thing with blue lights >under the wires" and "little people on the poles". His mother >told him to shut up and climb into her bed. At breakfast that >morning he was still talking about it. I got a call at 8 am and >arrived at the house at 11, after re-arranging my work schedule. > >I quickly discovered that Eddie's bedroom faces east. Even if he >could see over the window sill (which he couldnít), it was not >possible to see the poles he was referring to, from that >location. Asking more questions elicited the astonishing answer >that he had been talking to the "high man" (tall was not in his >vocabulary). "Where did this take place?" "Down there", said he, >pointing to the ground below the veranda on which we were >standing. "Who else was with you?", I asked. "Mummy", he >replied. Needless to say, "mother" didnít want to hear any of >>this. For if what her son was recounting was indeed true, then >they had both been outside during the night, and she had no >memory of it. Even more perplexing was how this strange journey >took place, as her sister lived in the house, her mother in the >lower half, and they also had a dog. Of course, all the doors >were locked. When I asked where the "thing" had gone, he just >pointed into the westerly sky. At this point mother loudly >announced they were going to move, and within a month they had! > >It should be noted that at their previous residence in a nearby >district of Whalley, "Eddie" had frequently complained to his >mother of an "old man" who looked at him through his bedroom >window. Two small problems arose from this statement: (1) his >bedroom was on the second floor, and (2) the window had drapes. >Even so, he persisted in this complaint. > >To conclude this brief roundup of the weird and wondrous from >the Surrey Corridor - a final stop, one that made its way to >national TV via the aid of a program called "Encounters". The >year was 1994. The family in question is a three member unit. >When we first were invited to hear their story and attempt an >investigation they had been experiencing strange events in their >residence for quite a long period of time. The home, a modest >bungalow, is set in a quiet residential backwater. "Darlene" and >"Eric" are out of the house most of the day. They usually cook >with a microwave unit. The house has solar panels installed in >the roof. You won't find a basement area, it doesn't exist. Why >describe all of the above?... simply to make a point. The >bi-monthly gas and electricity bill is usually in the range of >SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS! (No, they donít grow marijuana.) The writer's >home is twice as large, including a basement area, and my hydro >bill for the same period runs around $117, every two months. Why >this vast discrepancy? one knows. Various experts have >checked the house out and are unable to determine the power >drain leakage point. Prior to departing they changed the hydro >meter, nothing changed cost wise. > >Our own investigation team brought in two technicians familiar >with electrical wiring systems. Despite a very thorough search >of the whole house, inside and out, nothing could be found to >explain this electrical enigma. > >The young couple have also had unusual bedroom experiences. >"Eric" sees light "explosions", and both have viewed UFOs >performing sky dances through the sky light set in the ceiling. >On one occasion "Darlene" was able to view a large triangular >shaped craft cross her field of vision (the sky light was 12" by >18"). It took, she reckons, about one minute! > >This young couple have a small daughter, who at that particular >time was two years old. Verbal communication was limited, >however she could make it abundantly clear to her parents that >though she was quite prepared to sleep in her crib during the >day, she had no intention of occupying it at night. > >Standing at one corner she would point up toward the wall and >repeat "baby, baby, baby". Her parents were unable to see what >she was pointing at. When we were shown the room and told the >story we noticed a small door on the wall where "Teresa" usually >pointed. On opening it up we found an electrical panel. >Significant?...we think so, but don't know why. > >When the film crew for "Encounters" came to the house for the >interview session they completed the sequence by setting up the >equipment outside the house to record our taking leave of our >hosts, "Darlene" and "Eric". As we waited for our cue to depart >we were suddenly informed that it would take a while longer than >expected. The reason being that the crew had just discovered >that the newly charged batteries inserted for each take, were >completely drained. This had never happened to them before, and >where were they positioned you ask?...right outside "Teresa's" >bedroom! What a coincidence! > >In conclusion it should be noted that this couple have had other >UFO sightings. Two whilst on holidays at Osoyoos, on consecutive >nights, for extended periods. The second night they were able to >video tape the light as it moved slowly out of sight. Another >time, travelling home one evening, they viewed a reflective >metallic(?) object high in the clear sunlit sky, for a short >period of time. > >The forgoing accounts will serve to confirm that Surrey as a >whole is replete with people who have had, or are having, some >truly astonishing sightings and experiences. If any of you >readers who live within this region of "high strangeness" have a >story to tell that we haven't yet heard, then >donít delay, we would be delighted to hear from you.
More High Strangeness Happenings In Surrey Investigated By Steve Adair and Graham Conway Of UFO*BC Written By Steve Adair
On January 25 of this year, there was a message on our hotline service marked urgent. Intrigued that someone had left an ëurgentí message while it was my two week shift on the hotline (at UFO*BC we take a rotational 2 week stint at following up on hotline calls), I wasted no time in getting back to the caller. I was rewarded! The following is the account of R.W. of Surrey. Sometime between December 12 & 20, 1997, something strange indeed occurred at the home of the caller. It was around midnight and R.W. was preparing to retire for the night in the basement portion of the house, a small bedroom area he shares with his 5 year old daughter. According to the witness, he was lying in his bed looking across the room at her, just before dozing off, when he heard a loud hissing sound . At the same time, the room became filled with very bright, white light. Suddenly, he became unable to move, his body 'paralyzed', along with a burning, itching sensation from head to toe. He looked at his daughter again, but was no longer looking across the room, but DOWN at her! He sensed that he was indeed rising up, and felt fear, but at the same time, calm and relaxed. The room at this time was still flooded with very bright, white light.
The witness then found himself lying on some sort of bed , in what he describes as a huge, square shaped room, also very brightly lit, and hazy. He recalls seeing what he thought were very white, bluish coloured sheets hanging all around. He felt that someone was holding the back of his head, and he could hear speaking, perhaps half a dozen or more different voices, speaking in different languages, and volume levels. He felt fear, but heard a voice telepathically telling him that he and his daughter were 'ok', and had nothing to fear. He did not see his daughter, or any one else during this entire event. When asked if he noticed odours of any kind, he recalls the smell of what he thought was liver!
He doesn't recall much after this, finding himself back in his own bed just as daylight was breaking, (this incident began around midnight to 1 a.m.) His body still had a tingling sensation, and it was very difficult to move, and was still feeling 'itchy' all over. Since this experience, he has been having nightmares, and is fearful of going to bed at night. A red itchy rash has appeared on the back of his left hand. During the day, he senses that someone is wanting to communicate with him, and touch him. While watching TV, or sitting reading, he can hear murmuring, or whispering, but can't understand what is being said. Along with this (if that weren't enough!) tiny bright blue diamond shaped points of light will suddenly go past his field of vision while sitting reading, or watching television.
It would seem that this is just the latest in a series of odd events that R.W. has experienced over the last 30 years or so. Among them, the sighting of a 'Spitfire' World War II aircraft (with no emblems or markings), close enough to see the pilot, who looked right at him, and raised a hand in a sort of greeting. This in itself may be unremarkable, but what is remarkable is that the aircraft was in a nose-dive, and a crash was imminent, as there was no place for a plane to land. However, there was no crash, and no evidence of any aircraft. This was followed shortly after by an equally puzzling event, when the witness was with his Grandfather in the garden behind their home in Surrey, on a beautiful sunny day, when out of a clear blue sky came a 'bolt of lightning' which hit a rock in the backyard, right in front of the witness. They picked up the rock, and reported that it had a 'golden glow'. These events took place about 1959.
In 1975 things got stranger still. The witness was in the King George Highway & 112th Avenue area, along with some family and friends, when they all saw an object described as a bright orange ball with a smaller ball on top drop from the sky and hover. Estimated distance was 'a few miles'.
Observation time, about 10 minutes. As luck would have it, the witness had a Polaroid camera with him, and was able to take a few pictures of the object, which then took off suddenly. Apparently others in the Port Mann area had also seen the object, as the Columbian Paper ran a short article the following day.
The witness called the airport regarding this sighting, but no one there could offer any information. R.W. then went to the Columbian newspaper to share his story, who reported it in the next edition, and to R.W.'s dismay, included his name and address. This was soon followed by a telephone call and a visit >from a military man, a Sgt. Major, who said he was from Jericho Beach military base. After arriving at the witness' home, dressed in full uniform, and arriving in a green military car, he asked if he could come in and discuss the sighting with the witness and his parents. He supplied the three of them with note pads and pencils, and asked them to go into separate rooms and draw what they had seen the day of the sighting. They agreed. The witness then volunteered that he had taken photos of the object and showed them to the Sgt. Major, who asked if there were any negatives, or additional photos. There were no other photos, and no negatives as these were Polaroid shots. The Sgt. Major then took the witness' camera, and without explanation or apologies, opened the camera and exposed the remaining film. He then put the photos and sketches into his briefcase, and abruptly left the house. Later they received a letter thanking them for phoning in their report (which they hadn't done!).
Approximately 2 weeks later they got a visit from an individual described as very tall and lanky with a military type haircut, dark wrap around glasses, and a sickly looking greyish white complexion. He said that he had seen the article in the paper and would like to talk to them about the sighting. The witness and his parents invited him in. When offered some coffee and cookies, he seemed puzzled, and asked "What is this?", to which the mother replied "it's just coffee." The visitor then gulped the very hot coffee straight down, crumbled the cookies up with his hands, and put them in his mouth! He spoke with a slow, slurred type of speech, and seemed to have something like a British accent. During the conversation he was asked where he was from, to which he replied "Oh, quite a distance from here". He went on to say that he was to have met with the object the day of the sighting, but that he had been 'late'. Noticing the TV set in the corner, he suddenly seemed apprehensive, pointed at it and asked "What is that?", to which the mother replied, " It's a television", then proceeded to turn it on. The visitor then quite excitedly said "That's a communicator! Turn it off!"
During the course of the remaining conversation, (which was curiously dotted with Biblical quotations) the witness' mother made a remark about UFOs and said that if they were coming here to harm us, perhaps we should arm ourselves, and shoot at them first. Upon hearing this remark, the visitor became quite upset and said "You could never harm us, we could destroy your world in the blink of an eye, and would not hesitate to do so!"
All this time the visitor kept checking his watch, reported as being ëvery fancyí and on the right hand, then suddenly stood up and said "I must leave now, but may I come back again?" R.W. and his parents replied in the affirmative. He then went to the door, and when the witness and family extended their hands to shake his hand , he did not accept, but simply raised his right hand and walked out the door. Immediately after closing the door, they looked out the front window, but the visitor was nowhere to be seen.
I canít help but wonder if my next 'tour of duty' on the hotline will yield the typical 'light in the sky' reports (quite often the planet Venus, aircraft with landing lights on, etc...), calls from those with far too much time on their hands and wild imaginations, just plain crank calls, or just maybe........

Sightings HomePage