Share Our Stories! - Click Here
Possible Carcinogenic Mechanisms
Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum
|"Several of the potential cancer-inducing
properties of aspartame, its three components (phenylalanine; aspartic acid;
and a methyl ester that promptly becomes free methanol after ingestion),
and the many breakdown products on exposure to heat and storage are cited
here and in the ensuring discussion of brains tumors.
* "Many constituents in the human diet are nitrosated within the gastrointestinal tract to form potentially carcinogenic nitroso compounds. Shephard et al (1993) reported mutagenic activity by aspartame after nitrosation, using Salmonella typhimurium as the test organism.
* "The diketopiperazine derivative of aspartame has been incriminated as a tumor-causing chemical.
* "Formaldehyde released from the breakdown of methyl alcohol is known to be carcinogenic.
* "The potential carcinogenic effects of chronic hyperinsulinemia ... with special reference to the prostate (Roberts 1967d). Others have implicated hyperinsulinemia in the pathogenesis of breast cancer (Diamanti-Kandarakis 1999),
* "Alteration of glucose transport is a characteristic of experimental tumors. Reporting on this phenomenon, and the dramatic increase in total cellular glucose transporter protein, Birenbaum et al (1987) emphasized the induction of such transformation when fibroblasts are starved for glucose.
* "Increased phenylalanine may play a role. Animal and human studies indicate that restricting dietary phenylalanine decreases tumor growth and metastases (Norris 1990).
* "Several investigators have implicated prolactin as a tumor-promoting substance in various organs - including the pituitary (Oliveria 1999), endometrium (Brosens 1999), and human breast (Maus 1999).
* "The brown substances created by the heating of amino acids during cooking may be mutagenic and carcinogenic (Abelson 1983). They include a number of DNA-damaging agents.
* "The causation or enhancement of brain and other tumors in persons consuming aspartame products may summate upon a hyperimmune state induced by early and multiple immunizations with vaccines whose long term safety is being increasingly challenged. A number contain formaldehyde and mercury as preservatives"
Dr. Roberts also mentioned the mutagenic and carcinogenic potential of other chemicals might intensify under the influence of aspartame and its breakdown products .
Because aspartame caused cancer in original studies it violated the Delaney Amendment.
FDA lead scientist, Dr. Adrian Gross, said:
"In view of all these indications that the cancer causing potential of aspartame is a matter that had been established way beyond any reasonable doubt, one can ask: "What is the reason for the apparent refusal by the FDA to invoke for this food additive the so-called Delaney Amendment to the Food, drug, and Cosmetic Act?" (Congressional Record-Senate August 1, 1985, p. S10837).
Since the 1034 page medical text by Dr. H. J. Roberts in 2001 there were three studies by Dr. Morando Soffritti of the Ramazzini Institute that showed aspartame is a multipotential carcinogen. There has also been one on humans by Harvard with them saying its the longest and strongest showing the link to cancer. The formaldehyde converted from the free methyl alcohol in aspartame embalms living tissue and turns it to plastic. Formaldehyde is a class A carcinogen. Trocho Study: http://www.mpwhi.com/formaldehyde_from_aspartame.pdf
FDA records show they knew aspartame is a carcinogen. FDA's Dr. Adrian Gross, told Congress: "If the FDA violates its own laws who is left to protect the public?" Aspartame is illegally on the market violating the Delaney Amendment, adulteration laws and Interstate Commerce laws. It has to be shipped with a Hazmat placard. What we fight is the aspartame power. Here is an example:
After Dr. Soffritti's first study the head of the committee of the European Food Safety Authority resigned saying he was pressured by industry to hijack science with regard to the Ramazzini study. The aspartame industry went into full gear. A blizzard of media articles proclaimed a Federal Study on 567,000 Americans by the NIH, NCI and AARP proved aspartame doesn't cause cancer. The Ramazzini Studies show it causes lymphomas, leukemias, peripheral nerve tumors and is a multipotential carcinogen just for starters.
They only lie when they have to - all the time! THERE WAS NO ASPARTAME STUDY! 10 years prior to the Ramazzini Study the National Institute of Health and AARP sent out a 16 page "Diet and Health Study" questionnaire to seniors. It asked if you smoked, do you exercise, do you eat crackers, cookies, sausage, collards, pancakes, what was your highest grade in school, have you had a hysterectomy, did you eat oatmeal or strawberries in the past year, carrots, cheeseburgers, cornbread or brownies. It was really THE CORNBREAD-BROWNIE STUDY.
Aspartame is named in one of 56 questions. "Over the last 12 months when you drank coffee or tea, what kind of sweetener did you regularly add? Mark all that apply: Sugar or honey, Equal or aspartame, Saccharin or Sweet-n-Low. Page 2 asks what you drink: orange juice, lemonade or soft drinks, soda, diet or regular. On page 12 they ask if you drank any sugar-free soft drinks, soda or pop over the last 12 months, but don't ask which sweetener.
Consumer education by renowned physicians and activist organizations has played The Aspartame Death March louder and louder ever since Don Rumsfeld got it approved. He ran G. D. Searle, the outfit that made it. This cockamamie claptrap of a "study" is pure propaganda like Hitler's Master Race mythology, and these poisoners would be even greater mass murders; slaughtering the world.
When I was lecturing in a New Zealand medical school a medical student was singing the praises of this cornbread brownie study, that is until I showed it to him. He said, "But this is a big nothing, they are misleading the public and physicians". I replied, "That's why you never consider studies by industry defending their product. They even have a research front group, ILSI. They fund trade organizations and front groups."
Robin Goodwin, Mission Possible Falklands, petitioned for a ban of aspartame there and wrote all 3000 residents warning them. His wife suffered an aspartame brain tumor and his daughter had seizures for 18 years which ceased as soon as she abstained. He told me aspartame products now rot on store shelves in the Falklands. If Mission Possible is David, who do you suppose Goliath might be? Let this be a lesson in studies that are not independent. Dr. Ralph Walton did research on this subject for 60 minutes: http://www.dorway.com/peerrev.html
Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum, Founder
Mission Possible World Health Intl
9270 River Club Parkway
Duluth, Georgia 30097
Also www.dorway.com, www.wnho.net, www.holisticmed.com/aspartame
|Donate to Rense.com Support Free & Honest Journalism At Rense.com||Subscribe To RenseRadio! Enormous Online Archives, MP3s, Streaming Audio Files, Highest Quality Live Programs|