- I have been a mainstream news journalist for over 30
years. For nearly two decades I specialized in health and medical reporting,
winning the Hawaii Medical Association's 'Distinguished Medical Reporting
Award' five times.
- I understand the connection between diet, nutrition and
wellness, but have always had a healthy skepticism of nutritional supplements.
I have seen too many fad supplements come and go with far too many unsubstantiated
- Two years ago I mentioned to Jeff Rense that I had a
nasty flu virus which kept me in bed for about four days and hacking for
a week after that. He said, "You need some Allicin C." He sent
me a bottle.
- According to the company literature, Allicin C is an
anti-viral, antibacterial supplement that concentrates the microbe-destroying
and healing power of garlic. One capsule is said to be equal to 36 cloves
of garlic. The makers claim it has been scientifically proven in double-blind
studies to reduce the number, severity and duration of common colds.
- My wife and I have been taking Allicin C regularly for
two years, and we have both noted fewer colds and respiratory infections.
Three or four times a year we feel something coming on- that scratchy throat,
I'm-getting-a-cold feeling. But since taking Allicin C it always passes
after a day or two. We take one every day and triple that whenever we feel
an upper respiratory infection trying to take hold.
- I have not had a nasty cold since I've been taking Allicin
- It does not give you garlic breath or body odor. We ran
out one time and I went to health food stores all over Honolulu but could
not find Allicin C. I purchase a 6-month supply twice a year from Rense.
- I was in Thailand recently and suffered a severe laceration
on my foot. I was walking down a dusty street one morning in my slippers
(that's what we call flip-flops in Hawaii) and my foot fell through a sewer
grate. It was a narrow, crowded street, crammed with parked motorbikes
and vendors. There was a taxi coming up the one-way street, and as I sidestepped
to avoid it, the crumbling concrete abutting the sewer grate gave way.
My foot fell through the hole and a sharp, rusty piece of metal made a
- I looked down and saw my slipper fill with blood immediately.
It was a ragged, deep cut. At the hospital, doctors cleaned the wound and
stitched me up. Eight stitches.
- I declined a tetanus shot. I avoid vaccines. Haven't
had one in 15 years.
- As you would imagine, having your foot sliced open in
a Thai sewer might you at risk of the super staph MSRA infection and tetanus.
- I had a supply of Allicin C and took 4 per day. My foot
healed, no infection, no tetanus.
- As a medical reporter I realize that this account does
not constitute scientific evidence. It is anecdotal. But from personal
experience my wife and I believe Allicin C works as advertised.
- Dick Allgire