- You cannot see poverty unless you visit it in the inner
cities of America. You cannot understand it unless you become affected
by it. But no one can escape the cost of poverty in America.
- If you work a full time job, you pay taxes for 43 million
Americans living on food stamps. You pay hospital bills for millions on
Medicaid (medical care for the poor). You pay for "free" breakfast
and lunch programs for millions of poverty stricken students. You pay
for the $25 million shoplifted out of stores daily in the United States.
You pay for 2.3 million prisoners requiring three square meals a day and
- Hang on because the U.S. Congress imports in excess of
200,000 third world immigrants every 30 days into this poverty quagmire
and their few skills limit them to drive taxis, perform maid work and become
fast food cashiers.
- All the while, they undercut the jobs for lower class
- The US poverty rate rose in 2010 to 15.1 percent according
to NBC's Brian Williams on September 13, 2011. That equates to 42.2 million
Americans living in poverty.
- The US poverty rate rose in 2010 to 15.1 percent, the
highest rate since 1993, the Census Bureau reported (photo: AFP) The
report showed a sharp increase in poverty from 14.3 percent in 2009, and
a fourth consecutive rise in the number of people below the poverty threshold,
to 46.2 million.
- Those numbers of Americans living in poverty reached
an all time high in 2011.
- The poverty rate for blacks and Hispanics was much higher
than for the overall population at 25.8 percent and 25.3 percent, respectively.
Among regions, the South had the highest poverty rate at 15.7 percent and
the highest percentage without health insurance, 19.2 percent.
- The question much be asked as to why Congress continues
flooding the United States with over 1.1 million legal immigrants per year.
What purpose? What cause? What grand scheme? How can 14.1 million unemployed
Americans find work when Congress imports 1.1 million legal immigrants
into this country that also need work?
- If you are sick and tired of such insanity, take a look
at what is happening and what you can do to change Congress toward a viable
- Frosty Wooldridge has bicycled across six continents
- from the Arctic to the South Pole - as well as six times across the USA,
coast to coast and border to border. In 2005, he bicycled from the Arctic
Circle, Norway to Athens, Greece. He presents "The Coming Population
Crisis in America: and what you can do about it" to civic clubs, church
groups, high schools and colleges. He works to bring about sensible world
population balance at www.frostywooldridge.com He is the author
of: America on the Brink: The Next Added 100 Million Americans.