- Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!
- If you've read his book you will agree, this is a good
- Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption at
Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull volcano, since its first spewed volcanic ash,
in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past
five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you. And now
with Iceland's Grimsvotn volcano erupting on May 21, 2011, it has been
a losing battle.
- Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that
we are trying to suppress - it's that vital chemical compound that every
plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans
and all animal life.
- I know, it's very disheartening to realize that all of
the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience
and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting
up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution"
science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies,
using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet
tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead
of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all
of your 50 cents light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs ... well, all of those
things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.
- The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere
in just four days - yes - FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Iceland, has
totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast,
carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing
out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.
- I don't really want to rain on your parade too much,
but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines
in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the
entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.
- Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year -
think about it.
- Of course I shouldn't spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging
moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized
800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite
our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.
- And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic
ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across
the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts
to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it
happens every year.
- Just remember that your government just tried to impose
a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus "human-caused"
climate change scenario.
- Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention "Global
Warming" any more, but just "Climate Change" - you know
why? It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century
and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.
- And just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions
Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you, that will achieve
absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won't stop any volcanoes
from erupting, that's for sure...