- "It's wrong when we are denied the right to challenge
common beliefs or culture, especially when everyone knows that the books
are written by the victors. It doesn't stem from hate to say "I don't
believe" whatever. This anti free speech stuff always irks me. This
is nothing like a call to violent action even."
- --Steve Wozniak, Co-Founder, Apple Computers
- That is the comment with which Steve Wozniak, co-founder
of Apple Computers
- (See his biography at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Wozniak
- has recently accompanied his signature of the petition
launched in France by historian Paul-Eric Blanrue against the Gayssot Act
and in favour of Vincent Reynouard. The Gayssot Act of July 13, 1990 prohibits
the diffusion of historical revisionism on pain of imprisonment and
- On the grounds of this law, Vincent Reynouard, aged 41
and a father of eight, was in 2007 sentenced to one year in prison without
probation and ordered to pay about ¤70,000 for having written a
16-page pamphlet entitled Holocauste? Ce que l'on vous cache... ("Holocaust?
What's being kept hidden from you...").
- At the request of the French authorities, who had issued
a "European arrest warrant" for him, he was arrested by the Belgian
police last July in Brussels, where he lived with his family, then jailed
in Belgium for over fifty days before being extradited to France. He is
now incarcerated in Valenciennes in northern France. And throughout the
Western world the mainstream media ignore the fact that in France an honest
man, father of eight children, is serving a year in prison and must pay ¤70,000 because
he authored a piece of writing of sixteen pages.
- For his part, Noam Chomsky, has stated his position in
a letter against the Gayssot Act and in defence of Vincent Reynouard.
You may find that letter at
- Currently there are a thousand signers of the petition.
- I invite you to add your signature to theirs once you
have read the English version of the press release, posted at
http://www.tellingfilms.netne.net/reynouard2010.htm, presenting Mr
Reynouard's case and showing the e-mail address to which to send your name;
please indicate your place of residence and, if you wish, your profession.
- Thank you.
- Best wishes,
- Robert Faurisson
- (November 5, 2010)