- It is quite obvious that our feckless government is not
going to stop accepting toxic Chinese imported products. So, dear
consumer, it is up to us. We have the power to stop the insanity by refusing
to buy this stuff. Check each product or toy that you buy and if it was
made in China or contains ingredients from China. If so, DON'T BUY IT.
- Just because a product has an American name or is offered
for sale under an American trademark that does not guarantee it was made
here. Look before you buy. Made in China? Put it back on the shelf
and tell the store sales person that you wanted the product but won't buy
it because it is made in China. Ask for a substitute product that was
made in the USA or Canada. Stop buying. If this means we have to say
no to our children about a popular toy, so be it. Don't be afraid to tell
the child why you cannot buy it. You are the parent and have the
right and RESPONSIBILITY to say "no."
- Patricia Doyle
- Nike Bauer Hockey Equipment Recalled Over Lead Concerns
- April 07, 2010
- GREENLAND (AP) - Nike Bauer Hockey USA Inc., headquartered
at 150 Ocean Road, recently announced the recall of an estimated 67,000
youth and junior hockey sticks, shafts and blades made in China and sold
at sporting goods stores nationwide from February 2005 through last month.
- Another 60,000 in Canada have also been recalled.
- Paint and decals on the products have high levels of
lead, which is toxic to young children if they ingest it. No illnesses
or injuries have been reported.
- The recalled products come in various shapes, sizes and
colors and the name "Bauer" and the model descriptions are on
all the sticks, shafts and blades. Most of the sticks have the Nike symbol
- For information, call (888) 734-0443, visit www.bauer.com or www.cpsc.gov.
- Gund Recall Baby Books Made In China
- WASHINGTON, April 6 (UPI) -- The Consumer Products Safety
Commission announced the voluntary recall of Gund baby books due to a
- The recall involves about 15,100 books in the United
States and 865 in Canada imported from China by Gund of Edison, N.J., and
sold nationwide from January 2009 through March 2010 for $8 per book and
$20 for a set of three.
- The Gund Baby Paperback Books include the titles "Animals,"
item number 059174, "Numbers," item number 059175 and "Colors,"
item number 059176.
- The books include handles that work as baby rattles.
They also include Styrofoam used as filling in the binding that can detach
and form a choking hazard for children.
- Consumers were advised to take the books from children
and contact Gund for a free replacement product.
- Consumers can call 800-436-3726 for information.
- Patricia A. Doyle DVM, PhD Bus Admin, Tropical Agricultural
Economics Univ of West Indies Please visit my "Emerging Diseases"
message board at:http://www.emergingdisease.org/phpbb/index.php Also
my new website: http://drpdoyle.tripod.com/ Zhan le Devlesa tai
sastimasa Go with God and in Good Health