- A soul-less being has no empathy for others. Lose your
empathy, and you've lost your soul.
- There is a "great divide" forming amongst mankind,
and it's often war that most often triggers that divide.
- Once a combat soldier kills a defenseless non-combatant,
he either likes it or feels remorse. If he likes it, he kills more non-combatants,
many more. If he feels remorse, he's likely to kill more non-combatants
to anesthetized or deaden his feelings of moral anguish for having initially
killed an innocent human being. In either case, such wanton killing is
encouraged by "command intention," from above, for a variety
of reasons; but mainly, it's done to spread the contagion of universal
madness: a people without empathy.
- In such a mad society, Israeli citizens justify burning
alive Palestinian children, while American republicans still support Bush's
torture and murder of about two million innocents, and democrats overlook
Obama's expanded war and torture in Iraq, Afghanistan, and now Pakistan.
- Soon our madness - absence of empathy - spreads throughout
the Middle East, and then around the world in the form of justifying or
overlooking all governmental crimes as we are now emotionally invested
in them, with our lack of empathy.
- A lack of empathy blinds human beings to justice, liberty,
and personal discernment, rendering them soulless - a major reason for
- J. Speer-Williams