- Next week, Cindy Sheehan will join other like-minded
peace activists to have a presence near the expensive resort on Martha's
Vineyard where President Obama will be vacationing the week of August 23-30.
- From her home in California, Ms. Sheehan released this
- "There are several things that we wish to accomplish
with this protest on Martha's Vineyard.
- First of all, no good social or economic change will
come about with the continuation or escalation of the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan
and Pakistan. We simply can't afford to continue this tragically expensive
- Second, we as a movement need to continue calling for
an immediate end to the occupations even when there is a Democrat in the
Oval Office. There is still no Noble Cause no matter how we examine the
- Third, the body bags aren't taking a vacation and as
the US led violence surges in Afghanistan and Pakistan, so are the needless
deaths on every side.
- And, finally, if the right-wing can force the government
to drop any kind of public option or government supported health care,
then we need to exert the same kind of pressure to force a speedy end to
- Cindy Sheehan will arrive on the Vineyard on Tuesday,
- For more information, or to request an interview with
Cindy Sheehan please contact:
- Laurie Dobson
- (207) 604-8988
- Bruce Marshall
- (802) 767-6079
- To donate to help with logistical support, or to help
Cindy and other Gold Star Families (families who have lost loved ones in
war) get to Martha's Vineyard please click this link.
- Or go to
- Paypal.com and put in the email: Cindy@CindySheehansSoapbox.com
- Mail a check to:
- Cindy Sheehan's Soapbox, LLC
- 55 Chumasero Dr STE 5D
- San Francisco, Ca 94132
- Families who oppose the wars and have lost a loved one
during the Obama Regime are especially encouraged to attend.