- Support the Stella D'Oro Bakery Workers' Demonstration
Against Goldman Sachs on Sept. 25 !
- Call for A 1% Tobin Tax on the Wall Street Derivatives
- On Friday September 25th at 5pm, a much-needed demonstration
against Goldman Sachs, 85 Broadway, in Manhattan has been called. The
protest in support of the workers of the Stella d'Oro against the
closing of the bakery should be supported by people across the country.
- It is Goldman Sachs that has lead the Wall Street gamblers
in creating the present financial meltdown crisis and production depression.
Now with the insane Bush-Obama $24 trillion bailout, 'Welfare for Wall
Street,' the 'Zombie banks' like Goldman Sachs, and their holding
companies continue to destroy companies for profit.
- Broad support of this march is vital. If we had real
leaders in Washington who worked for the general welfare of the people,
as opposed to being paid agents of Goldman Sachs and Wall Street, then
Goldman Sachs would have been put into bankruptcy reorganization. We recognize
that financial speculation is the cause of this crisis and must be stopped.
- As the crisis is strangling the people of the nation,
it is Wall Street who must share in the called sacrifice. The best way
is to make Wall Street pay for the crisis is by means of a Tobin tax on
all financial trnasctions, especially derivatives. In many places in the
US , people pay 5% to 10% sales taxes on food and necessities, but Wall
Street pays no taxes on its gambling. A 1 % Tobin Tax would help to claw
back this $1.5 quadrillion dollar speculative orgy, while providing needed
funds for investment in people such as Medicare for all, and a return to
a productive economy, not the fake speculative one.
- Lets us support the Stella d'Oro workers by joining them
and joining together against this foe of America's workers and economy,
keep Stella d'Oro jobs in New York, and make Wall Street pay its share
with a Tobin Tax.