- Well, well. We simply had no idea.
- After posting our Project Camelot story yesterday, within
mere hours -- yes, mere hours! -- the Project Camelot entry at Wikipedia
morphed before our very eyes from this (please see the Wikipedia cache
- u.s.+army&d=FreSaxlMTV7o&icp=1&.intl=us )
- into this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Camelot
- It's now a two-fer, with a project bearing the very same
name pancaked on top of the U.S. Army Project Camelot entry!
- Who knew? Someone very quickly changed the Wikipedia
Project Camelot page virtually overnight! Isn't that way cool how Wikipedia
can alter articles during the night while you're sleeping? To think that
Wikipedia might, well, it's... how can we put it? -- "unexpected,"
yes, that's the word.
- In any event, we note that the "new" Project
Camelot is very comfortably piggy-backed above the original U.S. Army "Project
Camelot" entry. And we are puzzled -- if the "new" Project
Camelot" is not the U.S. Army Project Camelot (as it maintains that
it is not) -- then why, pray tell, has it so conspicuously and insistently
pitched its tent on the U.S. Army's "Project Camelot" Wiki page?
Why doesn't it make its own, dedicated page instead of installing itself
on the U.S. Army's Project Camelot page?
- Is it so that when people go looking for the original
U.S. Army Project Camelot they find the "new" Project Camelot
instead? Curiouser and curiouser.
- Last, but certainly not least, we can't help but notice
that the "new" Project Camelot concludes it's perfunctory remarks
with these words:
- "Camelot does not provide proof...they rather share
information for the individual to discern, the preservation of free will
is of utmost importance and to provide indisputable evidence would undermine
- Got that? -- "to provide indisputable evidence would
undermine the project."
- Oh, and why not mirror the cached U.S. Army "Project
Camelot" Wiki page (see cached URL above), as well as the "updated"
Project Camelot entry while both are available? Evidently things change
literally overnight in Wiki-world.