- Senate Judiciary Democrats have stacked Thursday's hate
bill hearing with pro-hate bill witnesses, apparently by a ratio as high
as 5 to 1!
- At the same time, Christian/conservative groups, attempting
to submit their own lists of witnesses against S. 909, are being turned
- The official hearing notice/witness list at http://judiciary.senate.gov/
judiciary.senate.gov gives special importance to the testimony of Atty.
Gen. Eric Holder in favor of the hate bill. He is followed by these other
- · Janet Langhart Cohen, wife of former Sec. of
Defense William Cohen, undoubtedly pro-hate bill.
- · Dr. Mark Achtemeier, theology professor from
Dubuque Theological Seminary. He has been the center of controversy for
allegedly homosexual-friendly statements and is very probably pro-hate
- · Gail Heriot, commissioner, U.S. Commission on
Civil Rights, definitely pro-hate bill.
- · Brian W. Walsh, The Heritage Foundation, opposing
the hate bill.
- · Michael Lieberman, counsel for the Anti-Defamation
League of B'nai B'rith, originator of the hate bill.
- Judiciary Bias against Christian/Conservatives
- Janet Porter of Faith2Action told me conservative groups,
such as Traditional Values Coalition, have submitted names of scholarly
opponents of the hate bill as potential witnesses. These include internationally
recognized hate law authority Robert L. Knight. But, she said, they are
all being turned away.
- Thus, we face a hate bill hearing in which are featured
not only the Attorney General in support of the bill but liberals by a
probable ratio of 5 to 1!
- Lovers of freedom must loudly protest starting early
Wednesday morning! Call all members of the Senate toll-free 1-877-851-6437
or toll 1-202-225-3121 (http://www.truthtellers.org/actionplan.html) names
listed HERE on the action page at www.truthtellers.org). Give this message:
"We demand a balance between conservative and liberal witnesses in
the Judiciary hate bill hearing on Thursday. This hearing is rigged in
favor of liberals by a probable ratio of 5 to 1!"
- Judiciary liberals are determined not to let authorities
like Robert L. Knight "contaminate" their proceedings with descriptions
of how hate laws have taken away free speech in Canada and western countries.
It is up to YOU on Wednesday to let all members of the Senate know we will
not allow a liberal "kangaroo hearing" to move the hate bill
forward to passage. Wednesday is the only effective day to protest this
outrage. Thursday will be too late.
- If pro-hate bill Senators are made aware of Judiciary
discrimination against conservatives, some may agree the hate bill is too
shaky to withstand normal legislative scrutiny. Let's avalanche the Senate
on Wednesday, encouraging doubt of the hate bill. Only one or two Senators
who fall away from its support could doom passage.
- That would be enough to save freedom.